Eat Too Much is offline Junior Member

Painfull injections

I'm going on week 7 of 500mg Test E/week.. Everything's been going great as far as injections.. The last 3 injections I've done have been pretty painfull though.. It's like as soon as I break the skin it just burns like hell and doesn't go away for awhile.. (the rest of the day) Normally, they aren't painfull at all so I'm a bit confused. Even the injection sites are little more sore than they have been. I'm usually sore throughout the injection day where as before, I didn't feel any discomfort untill the next day.. They are still healing fine.. Each day it's less discomforting and after a day or two I have no noticable pain. Could it be because Im am only doing Glutes and alternating? I'm also prepping the area with alchohol, but that never made a difference early on.. Im using 23's to pin as well.. It kinda sucks because after the 2nd week, I had no pain what so ever.. Even the day after I was not sore, but now this has started.. Thoughts?

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    are you switching pins after you draw? that is crucial. start injecting delts as well.

Yep.. I'm drawing with an 18 and pinning with a 23. I'm knda nervous to move to a new spot.. Im pretty comfortable with glutes.. I don't even hesitate anymore..lol.. (first cycle)

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Too Much View Post
    Yep.. I'm drawing with an 18 and pinning with a 23. I'm knda nervous to move to a new spot.. Im pretty comfortable with glutes.. I don't even hesitate anymore..lol.. (first cycle)
    try 25g.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    your body will get used to the pain after a while....

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You may need to back off the glutes and pick another site. Delts really aren't bad at all.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    You may need to back off the glutes and pick another site. Delts really aren't bad at all.

AG
    some have referred to the delts as 'the ass of the upper body'.

brew69420 is offline Junior Member
    I had the same issue with just glutes. Def do delts like stated above not bad at all.

xderekx is offline Associate Member
    quads are the easiest to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    try 25g.
    You think it's the needle? I'm just wondering why the first 8-10 injections didn't hurt at all and now they do.. Damn, I just ordered some more pins too.. Got some 23's and 20's comin.. Oh well, I've only got a few more weeks left. Just wanted to make sure nothing crazy was going on.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xderekx View Post
    quads are the easiest to hit.
    yup..

xderekx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishColumbian View Post
    yup..
    when i was shooting prop every day, i'd look forward to quads haha

easiest to hit, easiest to aspirate , easiest to massage after injection

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Possibly because you haven't rotated off of your glutes. Not likely, but possible.

AG

You think it's the needle? I'm just wondering why the first 8-10 injections didn't hurt at all and now they do.. Damn, I just ordered some more pins too.. Got some 23's and 20's comin.. Oh well, I've only got a few more weeks left. Just wanted to make sure nothing crazy was going on.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

408gt91 is offline Associate Member
    I usually move around on my glute injections. When i go back to the side i hit the week before i move down or over at least a half inch.

no, its probably not the needle, but why use a thicker one when a finer one works just as well. try out the delts though, have a back up plan in case the ass is a no go.

Dougewesq is offline Junior Member
    go delts bro. I was scared as hell at first but it is rally the most painless injection point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    no, its probably not the needle, but why use a thicker one when a finer one works just as well. try out the delts though, have a back up plan in case the ass is a no go.
    Yeah, good call.. I'll pick up some 25's for the next go round.. Thanks for the help guys.

Thread Information