daniel_3855 is offline Member

blood pressure 174/92 is this ok??? while on cycle.

i have just bought a digital blood pressure monitor and the reading i got was 174/92 is this ok iam 3 weeks into my cycle. thanks.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    NO that is high. I have hypertension so I know how much bp can be a pain in the a@@.Even 150/90 is high. Are you doing cardio(how much) . Is your diet good and clean. These are very important to keeping bp under control for me.

^ If you have a reli-on brand bp machine they suck . But still it wouldnt be off that much.

diet is clean only do cardio 3 times per week but i graft everyday. i will start adding some flax oil and cod liver oils what other stuff can i take to help keep it down.?

its a lloyds pharmacy 1 very popular pharmacy here in the uk.

What is your cycle. I wouldnt think it would aise your bp that fast. You sure you didnt have high bp before you started?

cycle is

sust 750mg wk 1-13
    deca 400mg wk 1-12
    androlic 50mg ed 1st 4 weeks
    winny 50mg ed for last 6 weeks.

dint no what my bp was before i started... do you think it could be the androlics as i take 1 50mg tab in the morning not splitting it up through the day.... also when is the best time to take bp as i have just taken it after work?

iam on adex .5 ed and iam still geting bloated must be the androlics?

leanmuscle is offline Junior Member
    Just as a consideration I have done several cycles before, I cant take deca because it makes my bp go through the roof and i can feel my face getting hot when I take deca......Just a thought

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_3855 View Post
    i have just bought a digital blood pressure monitor and the reading i got was 174/92 is this ok iam 3 weeks into my cycle. thanks.
    Its kinda high...my first cycle had mine much higher..to the point I had to go to the ER...are you getting headaches?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You need to get that under control my friend.

honda450 is offline Associate Member
    That's why I dont like orals. I get insane headaches and just don't feel really good from them. The gains aren't worth the sides IMO.

iam stoping the androlics today to see if that helps then will check it again in a couple of days if still high will go see doc for some meds.

wannabebig11 is offline New Member
    make sure you check your bp when your relaxed and have not had any stimulants such as caffine. in the morning when i wake up is when mines the lowest.

i have just checked it again on my other arm and it reads 124/88 then i put it back on my other arm were i got the high reading from and its 152/80 just dont get it... i guess it must be fine?.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    it should be the same on either arm...are you SURE you are taking the BP correctly?

the first read is fine...the second is actually ok...152 systolic is slightly high, diastolic is a OK

hero717 is offline Associate Member
    it depends do you know your normal bp before u been on gear. its a good thing to know for futur what your norms are before using anything. second it is normal for bp to increase while using gear. its is more worrisome when ur diastolic pressure is elevated then ur systolic pressure. they say normal is 120/80 but they are changing normal to 130/90. so the top number is sys which is ur contraction of blood vessels and the dia is ur release of contraction. you do not have much to worry about but see if your diet is correct and ur cardio history compared to present. whats with ur other vitals?? how are they?

oh and u want to take ur reading from you dominate side..should not be much different from which side u take it from.
    but if ur taking blood pressure for the 2nd time ovb ur pressure will be higher (u just squeezed the shit out of ur arm)it gona try to compenstate for that so it will be slightly higher then the first reading.

check that ur placing the cuff correctly if too low u will get a high reading.
    sorry for so many posts

Quote Originally Posted by hero717 View Post
    oh and u want to take ur reading from you dominate side..should not be much different from which side u take it from.
    but if ur taking blood pressure for the 2nd time ovb ur pressure will be higher (u just squeezed the shit out of ur arm)it gona try to compenstate for that so it will be slightly higher then the first reading.
    It make sno differance which arm you use bu tyou do need to wait 15 min between checks. Also if your arm is 16 in or more your cuff is probably to small and you need to get a larger size . I had to order a larger cuff when my arms grew.

mrdieselone is offline Junior Member
    no thats really bad ..but im questioning the value of the bp monitor you are using .. i used one of them once and i got a reading 201 over 105 ..i tried it 10 times got similar numbers ..so i raced myself to er ..they did full work up on me ..and my resting was 45 ..and bp was 118 over 71..total hypercondriac ..so perhaps you should get a second opinion ..

in2shape is offline Member
    i have just checked it again on my other arm and it reads 124/88 then i put it back on my other arm were i got the high reading from and its 152/80 just dont get it... i guess it must be fine?.
    this happened to me whilst on clen high on the left side normsl on the right side ..... i 2 was using a wrist monitor ...my doc said take the left side s reading as the real one he said to me that when we are born all our veins blood vessels etc are suppose to be roughly 1 size and some of us u and me (maybe?) have bigger ones on the right side making blood flow easier hence less pressure meaning lower reading and smaller narrower ones on the left side meaning higher blood pressure higher reading etc ...... he did take my bp whilst i was there and it was 128/78 so who farking knows ?????
    does seem coincidental that they were both on wrist monitors also i have heard this happen to others on normal monitors also so?????????

Thread Information