Thread: My next cycle..

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]

My next cycle..

As some of my friends here already know.. I'm 2 months out from rotator surgery..my rehab has gone better than anyone imagined..my therapist says its because I went into the surgery in excellent shape...I have planned my next cycle to begin in the next upcoming months..probably at 4 months out..maybe a little sooner. I got the green light to work out from my surgeon and I've been back 2x so far..( wed and fr)..it feels great..very light weight and high reps..emphasizing on back..as well as arms...and of course cardio and abs. Ok.. back to the cycle.
    test c..500 mg's-split in 2 shots...16-18 weeks
    deca 500 mg's-split in 2 shots.....14-16 weeks
    In the past I've found that deca really gets good at around week 10-12..thats why I haven't specified an exact time schedule..as soon as the gains stop...so does the cycle...
    PCT..My standard..adex/ nolva..hcg
    adex .25 week 1-4
    nolva 50 mg week 1 -2..then 25 mg weeks 3-6
    HCG...250 iu's 2x a week from around mid cycle then go to 500 iu's 2x a week all through pct

I will also incorporate clen in PCT as I have before with great results.
    During cycle I'll use adex as needed for gyno and possible bloat..my diet as always in check..at around 3000 cal to 3500 cal...
    Protein at 350 g's and carbs at around 300 g's a day..staying clear of sugars and of course low sodium.
    I stopped training at 215 lbs....and am currently at 201-202 lbs...probably 12-14% bf...my goal is to get back those 15 lbs of muscle that I lost during my downtime..while maintaining 10-12 % BF or better..input and critique welcomed..but I'm pretty set on this route..last time I did a test and deca run I gained 22lbs..but this time I'll be smarter on my food and water intake. I will definitely post pre cycle pic as well as document and post pics throughout cycle and at end.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Great to hear things are going good for you. You're not worried about going too heavy that soon after surgery? You know once your on gear you get so focused in the gym and start putting up some nice wgt.
    I wish you the best with it.

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I too am glad that things are goin well, papa ink

Cycle looks damn fine, just 16 more weeks of working up to cycle-ready point sounds good.

And obviously you're smart enough to know to go for form or weight!

good luck

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    INky...i would plan the cycle on how your gains come natty first bro...you will rebound and make good gains without anything...wait till you see there is no more progress THEN you break the wall and go from there...Lets go with your nutrition and training first.

Quote Originally Posted by RANA View Post
    Great to hear things are going good for you. You're not worried about going too heavy that soon after surgery? You know once your on gear you get so focused in the gym and start putting up some nice wgt.
    I wish you the best with it.
    Thanks Rana..I'm not jumping "IN" anytime too soon...I'm coming up on 2 months post sugery and am just starting back with very light weight with insane amounts of reps...to be quite honest on Friday I hit chest just a little ...on a smith machine..and I didn't get past 15 lbs on each side..it was a little depressing considering I was doing 4 plates + when I was 100%...but I believe by the time 4 months come around I should be much stronger....being that I originally injured myself going heavier than my 45 year old body could handle,I will be extra careful not to re-injure...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax View Post
    INky...[B]i would plan the cycle on how your gains [/B]come natty first bro...you will rebound and make good gains without anything...wait till you see there is no more progress THEN you break the wall and go from there...Lets go with your nutrition and training first.
    I totally agree...muscle memory is a wonderful thing.....and like Charlie mentioned before...I can get great results while not going heavy and just concentrating on proper form and reps...being a Personal Trainer I strongly empasize proper form as opposed to bad form and heavier weight...thanks for your input Brother..as you know you are my "GO TO" guy here for alot of information...

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    cycle is solid. glad to hear your hitting that iron and taking it slow and letting your body tell you what you should or shouldnt be doing

i also highly agree with the fact that deca kicks in round week 10 so running it till gains start to lessen is an excellent plan in my opinion

and the deca will help with your joints and hopefully the added stress of weight on that shoulder.

what dose did you run the deca last time?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax View Post
    INky...i would plan the cycle on how your gains come natty first bro...you will rebound and make good gains without anything...wait till you see there is no more progress THEN you break the wall and go from there...Lets go with your nutrition and training first.
    this is always just what they need...lol

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    Thanks Rana..I'm not jumping "IN" anytime too soon...I'm coming up on 2 months post sugery and am just starting back with very light weight with insane amounts of reps...to be quite honest on Friday I hit chest just a little ...on a smith machine..and I didn't get past 15 lbs on each side..it was a little depressing considering I was doing 4 plates + when I was 100%...but I believe by the time 4 months come around I should be much stronger....being that I originally injured myself going heavier than my 45 year old body could handle,I will be extra careful not to re-injure...
    Dude, I know how you feel. I tore my rotator cuff last year and I felt like a puss with doing DB press with 25lbs.

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Glad to here your rehab is going so well! Just got done with my knee from last fall.
    Looks like you got the gear down fine and that will be a nice come back cycle!

My concern is this:
    When you had your surgery, the the doctor mention anything about a spur or a hook that had to be removed. I ask this because I had my first rotator surgery when I was 44 and then my SECOND rotator surgery, on the other shoulder, 18 months later!
    My new found, pain free, from the first surgery, workout routine really increased in weight. Gains were all back , plus extra, and then the other shoe droped. Ouch!

Had bone hooks that had developed on both shoulders over time. Doc didnt even have ta do an MRI on second surgery. He knew what he was gonna find before he even went in.

Just thought I'd share this with you. If your tear was not from a spur, hook or other bone growth, go for it bro.
    But if your doc found something like that, I would look into you other shoulder. He may be able to fix that with just a scope instead of cutting you open again.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    glad to hear the surgery went well, hope you have a strong recovery bro!

Quote Originally Posted by EROC1313 View Post
    Glad to here your rehab is going so well! Just got done with my knee from last fall.
    Looks like you got the gear down fine and that will be a nice come back cycle!

My concern is this:
    When you had your surgery, the the doctor mention anything about a spur or a hook that had to be removed. I ask this because I had my first rotator surgery when I was 44 and then my SECOND rotator surgery, on the other shoulder, 18 months later!
    My new found, pain free, from the first surgery, workout routine really increased in weight. Gains were all back , plus extra, and then the other shoe droped. Ouch!

Had bone hooks that had developed on both shoulders over time. Doc didnt even have ta do an MRI on second surgery. He knew what he was gonna find before he even went in.

Just thought I'd share this with you. If your tear was not from a spur, hook or other bone growth, go for it bro.
    But if your doc found something like that, I would look into you other shoulder. He may be able to fix that with just a scope instead of cutting you open again.

Yes...he did quite a bit of grinding to remove all that stuff...I have pics of the actual surgery and the before and after of the grinding he did is really remarkable...
    This surgery was performed with the scope...if it would've been done the other way.(with a big cut through the muscle)..there's NO WAY I'd be healing this good at this point in time...

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    cycle is solid. glad to hear your hitting that iron and taking it slow and letting your body tell you what you should or shouldnt be doing

i also highly agree with the fact that deca kicks in round week 10 so running it till gains start to lessen is an excellent plan in my opinion

and the deca will help with your joints and hopefully the added stress of weight on that shoulder.

what dose did you run the deca last time?

My last deca cycle was @ 600 mg's a week... Personally I think that 500-600 mg's a week is a real sweet spot for me....although a lower dose is equally productive for lubricating the joints and pain issues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    glad to hear the surgery went well, hope you have a strong recovery bro!
    Thanks Brother.

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    [/B]
    Yes...he did quite a bit of grinding to remove all that stuff...I have pics of the actual surgery and the before and after of the grinding he did is really remarkable...
    This surgery was performed with the scope...if it would've been done the other way.(with a big cut through the muscle)..there's NO WAY I'd be healing this good at this point in time...
    Havin any pain in the other shoulder? The ole ice pick in the joint kinda pain?
    My first surgery was the result of tearing my long head bicep loose. Thats when I found all the rotator cuff damage from the bone spur ( also played a part in the bicep tearing)
    My second shoulder was because I felt alot of pain with it and figured if I could get both feelin good, so be it! Found cuff completely torn into from spur. Doc couldnt figure out how I was raising my arm, LOL. Both times he had to cut me open. Long rehab both times and my avatar will show you what I turned into after my last surgery.

If I were you, I get a pic of that other shoulder, just my .02 Good Luck Bro!

Thread Information