mountainbiker1968 is offline New Member

"Bioidentical Hormone Therapy"

Ok, I'm a 40 year old amateur athelete.

I'm a mountain biker and "sometimes" road cyclist.

My goals are to cut body fat, build strength, get faster/stronger and recover quickly. I want to be light, lean, strong, increase my endurance and .....I beefed up libido wouldn't hurt , either.

I went to this outfit in Texas:

http://www.naturalbiohealth.com/

They prescribed the following:

1, Testosterone Lipo cream. I apply 3/4 of a ml to my inner wrists twice a day. Medquest, in Utah, is the supplier.

2. Thyroid Compound Capsule. i capsule ine the morning

3. DHEA Micronized SR Cap 75mg

Questions:

1. Is this effective stuff?

2. Should I be using the injectable version of testosterone rather than the cream?

3. I can also get a dose of hgh from NBH but it's quite expensive. Worth it?

4. Should I cycle on and off the testosterone? If so, how long off and then back on?

5. Are NBH and Medco legitimate?

Any other suggestions for drugs I should look into?

Thanks in advance!!

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    Where you blood tested first?

I was blood tested.

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker1968 View Post
    I was blood tested.
    Cool that being said then here we go...

Thyroid issue being scripted and corrected will lean most people out by itself. The test cream you get will be very low in terms of MG per week unless it is some new stuff. Check the back of the box and see. 200 MG is about as low as most people most will recognize as having a effect.

Not knowing how you will react or what the blood test actually showed; what I would do IMHO is to try it out for a few weeks and see. The fat wont just melt off but the libido issue will self correct with the cream in the first week.

If it does not, then you need to ask them for injections or get some form of injectable test (test e or test c).

HRT will help but its not majic.

ganu is offline Associate Member
    hey i am using the same bioidentical test cream on my wrist..how long have you been using..did you get any sides so far..my hair from my crown is receeding so i dont know if its the test or the var am using

Quote Originally Posted by ganu View Post
    hey i am using the same bioidentical test cream on my wrist..how long have you been using..did you get any sides so far..my hair from my crown is receeding so i dont know if its the test or the var am using

I'm "folicularly challenged".

I was bald to start with.

You?

Positive side effects?

Negative side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    Cool that being said then here we go...

Thyroid issue being scripted and corrected will lean most people out by itself. The test cream you get will be very low in terms of MG per week unless it is some new stuff. Check the back of the box and see. 200 MG is about as low as most people most will recognize as having a effect.

Not knowing how you will react or what the blood test actually showed; what I would do IMHO is to try it out for a few weeks and see. The fat wont just melt off but the libido issue will self correct with the cream in the first week.

If it does not, then you need to ask them for injections or get some form of injectable test (test e or test c).

HRT will help but its not majic.

What would be the "optimal" injectable dosage, in your opinion?

I'm going to take your advice and pursue the injectable version.

ganu is offline Associate Member
    I'm "folicularly challenged".

I was bald to start with.

You?

Positive side effects?

Negative side effects?
    have tried it and its effective..started with 200mgs and then to 400mgs..test went from 219 to 536..then came down to 200mgs and reading is 434..but one thing i am using var and tbol too..so can be both or only test doing its job..what was your test reading when you did your blood test

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    "Bioidentical hormone therapy"...

A compounding pharmacy does not have anywhere near the resources or equipment to produce such a thing, if it exists. Has this company asked for a sample of your DNA? If not, it would be impossible to make "bioidentical" testosterone otherwise. The reason pharm companies have no explored such technology is because, 1) it would be prohibitively expensive to produce small quantities of hormones specific to one person, 2) the chemical markers attached to the testosterone molecule which allow your body to distinguish it from exogenous testosterone, are so minute, and have almost no affect on how the hormone works in your body, that it would be absolutely pointless.

Bioidentical hormone therapy: a review.Boothby LA, Doering PL, Kipersztok S.
    Columbus Regional Drug Information Center, Columbus, GA, USA. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: The terms "natural" or "bioidentical" hormone therapy (NHT) are used to describe hormone treatment with individually compounded recipes of certain steroids in various dosage forms, including dehydroepiandrosterone, pregnenolone, testosterone, progesterone, estrone, estradiol, and estriol. Based on the results of a person's salivary hormone levels, the final composition of the compounded dosage form is individualized to that specific person. Proponents claim that NHT is better tolerated than manufactured products. This paper is intended to review the concept of NHT and to determine whether there is sufficient scientific evidence to support its use. DESIGN: A literature search was performed in Medline using the following MeSH terms and key words: drug combinations; progestational hormones; hormone replacement therapy; endometrium; estrogen replacement therapy; climacteric; menopause; estradiol; estrogens; progesterone; drug monitoring; and drug compounding. Current Contents, International Pharmaceutical Abstracts, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Lexis Nexis, Google, Medscape, MD Consult, and clinicaltrials.gov were searched with key words. RESULTS: There are a few observational studies and clinical trials comparing conventional hormone therapy with bioidentical hormone therapy. Studies generally lacked adequate study design, including small sample sizes and comparison of inequivalent doses, to prove safety and efficacy. Little evidence was found to support individualized hormone dosing based upon saliva hormone concentrations. CONCLUSION: Evidence suggests that, although individualized hormonal products may decrease some symptoms of menopause, it seems they have no proven advantage over conventional hormone therapies and their use is not supported by evidence regarding pharmacokinetics, safety, and efficacy.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    "Bioidentical hormone therapy"...
    did you think anyone was of the impression they could somehow do what you mentioned? further, did you think anyone would think theres an advantage over a generic hormone? you are just misinterpreting my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    did you think anyone was of the impression they could somehow do what you mentioned? further, did you think anyone would think theres an advantage over a generic hormone? you are just misinterpreting my friend.
    The website is the one misinterpreting.

It is logical to ask: “ if there are hormones available that are natural to my body, why do doctors prescribe synthetic hormones?" The story of bioidentical natural hormones is one of money, politics and education
    That statement implies, at least to me, that you are going to recieve genetically identical hormones.

Natural bioidentical hormones are identical in structure to the hormones naturally found in the body, and may not be patented. A patent will guarantee that a pharmaceutical company will have an exclusive right to manufacture and profit from their product.
    So tell me, how exactly is the company able to deliver you hormones that are IDENTICAL IN STRUCTURE (I.E.- Genetically identical) to a patient.

A compounding pharmacy is able to customize an individual prescription and provides many options for a personalized hormone program. Options range from individualized doses, to custom fillers (i.e.: lactose free), to options of delivery (sublingual triturates, tablets, capsules, liquids and creams).

To summarize, a natural bioidentical hormone has a chemical structure that is identical to the hormone naturally produced by the body. Natural hormones can not be patented by drug companies. Synthetic hormones have a structure similar to but not exactly the same as a hormone produced by your body. These chemical differences mean that the synthetic hormone acts differently and produces substantially different effects or that the breakdown product causes side effects. Natural bioidentical and synthetic hormones should not be considered the same or used interchangeably.
    Individualized doses, custom fillers, sublingual, PO, and transdermally, that is what compounding pharmacies can do, yet how are they producing structurally identical hormones?

That is a gross misrepresentation of what their product is capable of. It uses psuedo-science and big words to mislead people who do not have a science background and aren't capable of understanding what they are talking about. They have essentially made up the word "bioidentical hormones," as no such product exists right now, and while theoretically possible, would cost millions of dollars to achieve, per patient. I would advise the OP to start working with a reputable anti-aging clinic using traditionally accepted modality's which have proven efficacy in the area of hormone replacement therapy.

The website is the one misinterpreting.

That statement implies, at least to me, that you are going to recieve genetically identical hormones.

So tell me, how exactly is the company able to deliver you hormones that are IDENTICAL IN STRUCTURE (I.E.- Genetically identical) to a patient.

Individualized doses, custom fillers, sublingual, PO, and transdermally, that is what compounding pharmacies can do, yet how are they producing structurally identical hormones?

That is a gross misrepresentation of what their product is capable of. It uses psuedo-science and big words to mislead people who do not have a science background and aren't capable of understanding what they are talking about. They have essentially made up the word "bioidentical hormones," as no such product exists right now, and while theoretically possible, would cost millions of dollars to achieve, per patient. I would advise the OP to start working with a reputable anti-aging clinic using traditionally accepted modality's which have proven efficacy in the area of hormone replacement therapy.
    google "bioidentical" + Hormone and see how many hits you come up with. They simply meant they are using things that the body produces, rather than, lets say anadrol .

google "bioidentical" + Hormone and see how many hits you come up with. They simply meant they are using things that the body produces, rather than, lets say anadrol.
    The issue is not whether or not that is the operational definition of that term, but rather the fact that the website of this particular company has taken some pretty great steps to misrepresent what it is their patients are actually recieving.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by ganu View Post
    DHEA causes male pattern hair loss

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    DHEA causes male pattern hair loss
    not as much as test or anavar does.

not as much as test or anavar does.
    well exactly he was saying that he was also taking a DHEA suppliment which also increases the testosterone production

well exactly he was saying that he was also taking a DHEA suppliment which also increases the testosterone production
    im not going to lie i dont even remember what the thread was about.

Like any and all androgenic steroids , SHEA can cause hair loss, especially in men. DHEA tends to increase levels of DHT(dihydrotestosterone), along with testosterone , and DHT is the main cause of hair loss.

LOL, you just like arguing with me...

HORSE is offline I am HELLO KITTY damnit!!!
    The issue is not whether or not that is the operational definition of that term, but rather the fact that the website of this particular company has taken some pretty great steps to misrepresent what it is their patients are actually recieving.

Wholeheartedly agree, great post's GF....

Like any and all androgenic steroids, SHEA can cause hair loss, especially in men. DHEA tends to increase levels of DHT(dihydrotestosterone), along with testosterone, and DHT is the main cause of hair loss.

Young lady you are becoming a very helpful and diversified member of this site, good job chica.

LOL, lay of the Ganja, Yo.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Ok, I'm a 40 year old amateur athelete.

I'm a mountain biker and "sometimes" road cyclist.

My goals are to cut body fat, build strength, get faster/stronger and recover quickly. I want to be light, lean, strong, increase my endurance and .....I beefed up libido wouldn't hurt , either.

I went to this outfit in Texas:

http://www.naturalbiohealth.com/

They prescribed the following:

1, Testosterone Lipo cream. I apply 3/4 of a ml to my inner wrists twice a day. Medquest, in Utah, is the supplier.

2. Thyroid Compound Capsule. i capsule ine the morning

3. DHEA Micronized SR Cap 75mg

Questions:

1. Is this effective stuff?

2. Should I be using the injectable version of testosterone rather than the cream?

3. I can also get a dose of hgh from NBH but it's quite expensive. Worth it?

4. Should I cycle on and off the testosterone? If so, how long off and then back on?

5. Are NBH and Medco legitimate?

Any other suggestions for drugs I should look into?

Thanks in advance!!
    My brother is 41 and like you! He does triathlons like 3 mile swim 100mile bike ride and 26 mile run! I have doing clen when he is not rcing to burn some fat and have him doing a cycle of Anavar @ 50mg a day for 8 weeks to add some strength and lean him out. He will not go and do all that needle stuff anyway his old lady is a wacko and thinks everything can be solved with herbal practices!! But what she dont know wont hurt him! Already took like 8 seconds off of his average mile running time in the past 3-4 weeks!

Thread Information