ajweb is offline Junior Member

Blood test results

Hey was getting ready to start first test cycle and just got bloodwork back because wanted to see where i was. 2 issues came up.
    First my test is low as hell.
    Testoterone, Serum 221 ng/dl range 241-827
    Testosterone , Free 8.13 ng/dl range 5.0-21.0
    % Free Testosteron 3.68 range 1.5-4.2

Secondly and maybe more problematic is my liver tests...Everything else in profile was normal except
    AST (SGOT) 58 IU/L RANGE 0-40
    ALT (SGPT) 68 IU/L RANGE 0-55

Anybody have thoughts on this....The shocker were test levels, since I have been making gains lately and am more muscular than ever. The AST and ALT have me concerned although from quick google search it looks like it could be several different things.
    any thoughts or comments would be appreciated

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    How old are you?

44...what suprised me the most about the low test is that i have gained some good muscle lately naturally and actually in best shape of my life 6'2 220# 10-12% bf

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ajweb View Post
    44...what suprised me the most about the low test is that i have gained some good muscle lately naturally and actually in best shape of my life 6'2 220# 10-12% bf
    well rather then starting your first test cycle have you ever considered going onto TRT, (testosterone replacement therapy) you may qualify.

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    well rather then starting your first test cycle have you ever considered going onto trt, (testosterone replacement therapy) you may qualify.
    ++++++++++2

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    for someone with low ttl test, your free test falls within the low normal range and % free test falls in the upper range (almost 4%) ... that tells me that your SHBG is probably very low. SHBG is a checks-and-balances hormone that normalizes a person's free test levels and your's is low to compensate for low ttl test. I'm no doctor, but if you've never cycled, you're probasbly hypogonadotropic.

Wait a few weeks, get adequate sleep, and do get bloodwork again to make sure that this actually is the case. If so, like mentioned above, you should qualify for TRT and then take it from there.

hey thanks for the info...i did a cycle a few months of ago of tren only...was uneducated on pct and did only clomid pct...do u think its possible my system hasn;t bounced back finished pct about 2 months ago
    thanks for your input

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ajweb View Post
    hey thanks for the info...i did a cycle a few months of ago of tren only...was uneducated on pct and did only clomid pct...do u think its possible my system hasn;t bounced back finished pct about 2 months ago
    thanks for your input
    Yeah, that probably is causing the low-test levels. You could just give yourself a couple more months and go and get your blood tested again. If you haven't recovered by then you could try doing a proper PCT with some HCG .. but only if necessary. If your levels are still low in a couple of months I'm sure you're doc will talk to you about going on hormone replacement therapy sooner or later... just my .02 hope that helps.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    After about 25, your test levels will keep dropping on most males.

At 44, your test levels are not going to be much over the lowest range. You are probably not far off what you would normally be at.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    After about 25, your test levels will keep dropping on most males.

At 44, your test levels are not going to be much over the lowest range. You are probably not far off what you would normally be at.
    Not in all cases, my doctor told me he got his test levels checked recently for the hell of it and came back 600, and he is in his late 50's I believe.

Thread Information