Juice Authority is offline Knowledgeable Member

Wife is bloated from Seasonale - here's the question...

She is taking it to limit her periods to once every 3 months but she isn't reacting very well to it. I think these hormones are creating excess estrogen in the body causing the water retention. In the last couple of weeks she gained over 5 pounds of water (diet hasn't changed and training regimen is the same so it has to be the drug).

Here's some basic drugs facts: http://www.drugs.com/seasonale.html

Seasonale contains two female hormones that prevent ovulation (the release of an egg from an ovary). It also causes changes in your cervical mucus and uterine lining, making it harder for sperm to reach the uterus and harder for a fertilized egg to attach.

My question to you guys is the following. Would giving her A-dex help in this situation?

mgern527 is offline New Member
    I would like to think so...but I'm sure the dosages would be different. Have you done a blood test? You might do that with the doc for low cost. Then see what he says about it. If your not happy with his suggestion, at least you will have the chem panel to reference. I'm cetainly no expert so I'd wait for some of the more experienced on this forum to chime in.

Juice Authority is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgern527 View Post
    I would like to think so...but I'm sure the dosages would be different. Have you done a blood test? You might do that with the doc for low cost. Then see what he says about it. If your not happy with his suggestion, at least you will have the chem panel to reference. I'm cetainly no expert so I'd wait for some of the more experienced on this forum to chime in.

Thanks. Perhaps her body is just adjusting to the new drug but the excess water retention is something she hasn't experienced with other birth control drugs.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^ Different drugs ya know?

My GF didnt respond well to depo. Not she is on the regular pill, and its a much better fit.

Id have to agree, run the bloodwork before you go supplementing.

Thread Information