smfo00 is offline Junior Member

How bad is Test-Prop injection pain??

Hey everyone,

I'm about to go on a 2 month cycle of Test-Prop (100mg - 1 cc - Shot EOD) and I am wondering about how bad the pain that follows the injection is. I know that everyone will react differently to it but I would really like to hear some feed back/ peoples experiences on the matter. I am using Atlas brand Test..... if that helps at all?

I just started shooting Prop last week, you can definitely tell the difference between it and Test E. But the pain isn't too bad for me, just a lot of soreness in the injection area but nothing I can't deal with. It hurts going in a little bit, and stings for awhile after injection. Some people report extreme muscle soreness, but I don't know if this is because they have a low pain tolerance or just react differently, I would suspect a little bit of both.

Thats positive feed-back man, thanks a lot for sharing your experience with me. I'm looking forward to starting this cycle but it's nice to have some of my concerns aided as well.

What were the differences between the Prop compaired to the Test E ?

Quote Originally Posted by smfo00 View Post
    Thats positive feed-back man, thanks a lot for sharing your experience with me. I'm looking forward to starting this cycle but it's nice to have some of my concerns aided as well.

What were the differences between the Prop compaired to the Test E ?
    I'm not quite sure what you are asking? Technically they are the same just with a different ester. Prop gets into your system quicker, while Test E takes more time to build up. Test E only needs to be shot twice a week because it stays in your system longer. While Prop runs out quicker and needs to be shot at least every other day. I know how it works, but am not the best at explaining it. You can go to steroid profiles on this forum and find a more scientific answer.

I know how the esters work, I was just wondering what you noticed between the two?

juicer269 is offline New Member
    I tried prop for a few weeks. I couldn't take the pain. Not the pain of it going in either- the pain that kicked in the next day and for the next week. It was crippling. I have not experienced that with any other aas. I stopped and am now using test e and love it. Smooth going in and very little if any pain after.

HIITB$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illwillogical View Post
    I just started shooting Prop last week, you can definitely tell the difference between it and Test E. But the pain isn't too bad for me, just a lot of soreness in the injection area but nothing I can't deal with. It hurts going in a little bit, and stings for awhile after injection. Some people report extreme muscle soreness, but I don't know if this is because they have a low pain tolerance or just react differently, I would suspect a little bit of both.
    I think it more boils down to the gear and how good you are at injecting, slow steady etc...
    I have a fairly high tolerance to pain but when you swell up and and cant bend your thighs for couple days not really much you can do there lol

No doubt eh.... Sounds like a bag of mixed results. Any advise on areas to shoot and ways to lessen the pain of it? I have heard that heating the gear up works as well as shooting it slow (how slow, though, Im not sure) ?

On a side note: I'm wondering, if I take a week of Prop and am reacting poorly to it and want to pull off of it should I run a full PCT, or should I only run a couple week PCT ?

foamy is offline New Member
    im on a dose of 100mg EOD and have no pain whatsoever. Good luck
    Last edited by foamy; 06-06-2009 at 12:34 PM.

No doubt eh.... Sounds like a bag of mixed results. Any advise on areas to shoot and ways to lessen the pain of it? I have heard that heating the gear up works as well as shooting it slow (how slow, though, Im not sure) ?

On a side note: I'm wondering, if I take a week of Prop and am reacting poorly to it and want to pull off of it should I run a full PCT, or should I only run a couple week PCT ?
    If you're not sure about pinning why dont you just pin Enth for first run then decide if you want to go EOD with Prop or not?>? Im briding right now from Prop to Enth so im shooting ED for next couple week and cant wait to be on just soley Enth so i can just shoot twice a week. That shit will be dreamy LOL

Hunter is offline Grateful
    It depends on how the gear was brewed i.e how much B.A was used in the brewing process. Also depends on the shot giver, are you using proper shooting techinque: injecting slowly, relaxing the muscle, switching pins after you draw from the vial. On a side not there does seem to be more pain associated with shorter esters.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    The injection isn't bad, its afterwards. You body will get used to it after a couple of weeks but stay away from your guads!

Quote Originally Posted by RANA View Post
    The injection isn't bad, its afterwards. You body will get used to it after a couple of weeks but stay away from your guads!
    I second this ive been limping for going on about two weeks...oh and stay away from Pecs too. I dont think i have full ROM on Pec yet either will NOT do that again anytime soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HIITB$ View Post
    I second this ive been limping for going on about two weeks...oh and stay away from Pecs too. I dont think i have full ROM on Pec yet either will NOT do that again anytime soon.
    I was using 1" for pecs and left me really sore then switched to 5/8" and the soreness is not as bad.

**** quads for prop!

I can accept pain when it comes with such amazing gains, the only concern I have is that I will shoot the gear and the pain that follows with determine how, and when, I am able to lift weights. Does it feel anything like a really bad charliehorse ? Or a deep pinch?

I have already bought the Prop based on the fact that it seems a little more controlable than a Test with a longer Ester. This is my first cycle and I want to know that I can jump ship whenever I want, in the case that something goes wrong. Although, the idea of shooting 2 times a week rather than EOD does sound like a dream!

I can accept pain when it comes with such amazing gains, the only concern I have is that I will shoot the gear and the pain that follows with determine how, and when, I am able to lift weights. Does it feel anything like a really bad charliehorse ? Or a deep pinch?

I have already bought the Prop based on the fact that it seems a little more controlable than a Test with a longer Ester. This is my first cycle and I want to know that I can jump ship whenever I want, in the case that something goes wrong. Although, the idea of shooting 2 times a week rather than EOD does sound like a dream!
    Most times for me when i speak of pain im speaking of a REAL deep charlie horse and some swelling usually just in my thighs. My glutes feel like someone donkey punched me but ehhh its your butt who cares lol
    Now MY PEC...knotted THE F up and swelled up pretty bad. I must have hit something wrong. I had to take motrin ED along with icing the crap out of it just to keep the swelling down. Im talking it feels like a torn muscle. I couldnt even train chest for a week, hell, barely even use that arm.

Should I only be shooting in the Glute then? I heard that it was bad to shoot in one place too often but I can't think of another muscle group that is as supple as the glute....

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member
    dont just shoot glutes bad idea, u gotta switch it up.. I'd stay away from pecs, and def no bicep shots... learned my lesson on that.. shoulders are ok, I don't mind quads if it's far enough from leg day

Should I only be shooting in the Glute then? I heard that it was bad to shoot in one place too often but I can't think of another muscle group that is as supple as the glute....
    No man u HAVE to switch it up. You should have prolly at least 6 sites to shoot. Otherwise you'll end up with a (possibly) abscess or mad scar tissue.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I stopped using it after 2 weeks! Between alternating ass cheeks, I finally stopped after i could no longer sit down!!
    I would only use the longer esthers now (2X a week) that is just my preference though
    "different strokes for different folks"

seriousmass is offline Banned
    If you really want to test your pain-threshold you should do a test-prop calf injection. hahahaha ... no lie, it is probably the most painful things EVER that has ever happened to me. I couldn't walk for 3 days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    If you really want to test your pain-threshold you should do a test-prop calf injection. hahahaha ... no lie, it is probably the most painful things EVER that has ever happened to me. I couldn't walk for 3 days.
    You had to have been smoking crack to do that.

skycowboy is offline Junior Member
    Test Prop is no doubt the best test available. It is more potent than test E. it is not however a good choice for your 1st cycle because of A) the number if injections you must do, and B) finding a test that is tolerable (brand). There are some test props that are just unbearable.
    I found that when you find a good test prop, you need to do injections at least eod, however ed is better for blood levels (which is what I do). You should have 6 injection sites. I use delts, tris gluts and (least favorite for any gear) thigh. The pain is well worth while when you find the right gear.

Good luck,
    SC

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skycowboy View Post
    Test Prop is no doubt the best test available. It is more potent than test E. it is not however a good choice for your 1st cycle because of A) the number if injections you must do, and B) finding a test that is tolerable (brand). There are some test props that are just unbearable.
    I found that when you find a good test prop, you need to do injections at least eod, however ed is better for blood levels (which is what I do). You should have 6 injection sites. I use delts, tris gluts and (least favorite for any gear) thigh. The pain is well worth while when you find the right gear.

Good luck,
    SC

good post

Ya, it depends on the gear. I am using it for the 1st time now, only 4 days out, going eod. The stuff i have is painless, Quite impressed.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    Depends on who's gear you use. None , zero , notta here

green1181 is offline New Member
    I am using prop made from synovex and have no pain whatsoever in my shoulders but my qlutes hurt a bit(i do mix it with tren ). I mostly have done shoulders in the past so I think the more shot's you have done in an area the less it hurts. One think I have to say is don't do the shoulder before the gym, I tried that and it was unbareable.

u just gota man up

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    prop pain is not too bad for me. i use farmak human grade though. it's only 50mg per ml.

binder is offline Member
    the first cycle, kind of bad. after a year or so, just another day. lol

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I concur with my american friend here.

All injections will have some tenderness at first. My delts always bruise, until they tuffen up.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    i think it's the BA alcohol level. that makes it sting. correct me if i'm wrong.
    i've taken prop. yes the injection area is bit sore.

few things i found that helped.

1.inject slowly.

2. massage the injection area./ hot pack/shower

3. inject before training so it moves around more.

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    prop is not painful at all! idk why everyone says it is...maybe im just getting good prop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laduem88;46***34
    prop is not painful at all! idk why everyone says it is...maybe im just getting good prop
    Because your a bad mofo! lol

Because your a bad mofo! lol
    I think he has the badA** joose lol and im jealous cuz im pretty sure mine is quick dry cement.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    I'm on my 5th day right now running prop to kickstart my 12 week cycle. Never used prop before, but I'm definitely dealing with some pain. Injecting is painless. However, about 6-8 hours later the injection site starts getting sore. The day after is miserable! Shot my left cheek yesterday with 3/4 ml of prop (75mg) and 1 ml of test e (250mg) and my ass is sore as hell! I have a fairly high tolerance for pain, but I really can't sit on my left side, nor can I stretch the muscles at all. They feel like they have torn. Each injection has been similar to that for me thus far, but the pain is completely gone after 4 days, so until I switch to just the test e, one side of my body is going to be fvcked. Oh and like was said before, you've gotta rotate injection sites. I've been doing right glute, right quad, right delt, then the left side. That way each day you inject both prop and e, you are putting your larger volume days into the larger muscle group. You may want to consider cutting the injections with sterile oil like grapeseed or cottonseed as diluting the prop is supposed to help the pain. I'm going to try this route next.
    Last edited by fit4ever180; 06-07-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Thread Information