vanjag is offline Junior Member

something about clomid

I've been talking to a doctor specializing in male substitution therapy about roids and stuff around it, so we came across a very interesting subject on Clomid, I thought you guys might be interested.

We all know what Clomid is used for in bodybuilding, and that it's originally used to stimulate ovulation in women.
    The new thing for me is that clomiphene citrate is actually a Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone Receptor blocker, and not stimulator. In this manner, it's usefulness isn't in stimulating the receptor, but in blocking it for some time for REBOUND EFFECT to be able to show. The natural GnRH accumulates, but the receptor in the pineal gland is occupied by clomid, and after clomid is discontinued, the receptor opens up and is able to receive all the natural releasing hormone that has been building up. So we have a very pronounced effect of GnRH, and not clomid itself. This is how it's used in women, they give it at 50mg ed and then wait untill rebound effect takes place, and that's when ovulation occurs, not while clomid is taken, but a week or so afterwards.

Now, my thinking is, would it be useful to take let's say 100mg ed (we're men afterall ) for a week, then make a pause of one week to allow the pineal to respond to GnRH, and then boost the GnRH again by another week on clomd (50mg ed this time). Do that "one on - one off" thing three times (for a total of six weeks), and maybe see better results in terms of recovery than on a usual 300-100-50 regimen.

Any thoughts?

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Well i guess you can look at it like this, you could either have a weaker hormone release 3 times or possibly even none at all because the duration of the clomid may not have been long enough to have hormone buildup, or 'frontload' the clomid and slowly lower your doses gradually letting the receptor open as is the technique in current clomid therapy techniques. I may be understanding this wrong but thats my opinion on the way i understand it

I was thinking about frontloading it, do one week, and then stop for one week, then do it again without frontloading, and repeat that several times.

day 1.....300mg
    day 2-7....100mg

wk2....off

wk3.....50mg ed

wk4.....off

wk5.....50mg ed

Time off should be adjusted in accordance with clomid half life, of course. I don't see how receptor can free up if you are constantly adding new 100 or 50 mg every day. This way you have the rebound effect necessary for recovery occur only once, and with this periodization it actually occurs three times or more, adding in recovery. Without the rebound effect, you don't have natural LH secretion, because clomid itself doesn't make the pituitary produce LH.

This is only a hypothesis, and I'd like to hear everyone comment on this one. I think it's a very interesting subject.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    So does that mean in theroy you can take it before your cycle to frontload it?

Psycoswole is offline Member
    What the hell was i blabbering last night?

im lost now can I tkae clomid to clean my recpetors up in mid cycle? i never heard about that

pureanger...

It's not possible to take clomid mid cycle to free up receptors. It's useless because you're not producing any GnRH anyway. This theory comes to work only if your test levels are sufficiently low so that your HPTA is awaken, and you hypothalamus starts to secrete GnRH. In theory, if you block your GnRH receptors on your pituitary gland with clomid, you will have a buildup of GnRH, and once clomid is discontinued, you have greater sensitivity at the receptor, so the pituitary will secrete more LH.

The point here is that Clomid does not stimulate the pituitary to release LH, but actually blocks the receptors on the pituitary to produce rebound effect and then better secretion of LH. The question is what would be the best dosage schedule to make best use of this phenomenon.

your looking for a clomid therapy? after your cycle. Im having trouble reading your thread I thought you we trying to tell me that I could take clomid to clean my receptors during a cycle (LOL)
    if that was true I would always be on the gear. I run my clomid 50/100/50 three weeks long two weeks after last shot 50ed/100ed second week/50ed third week some peole like to on the first day take 300mg I stay with 50mg per day for the first weeks

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    bump. I'm curious to see what the mods and vets will say.

Thread Information