Sauced_Up is offline Associate Member

Question Who Here Primes Before A Cycle????

So basically Ive been looking to do my first injectable cycle, gonna be some good ol' fashion test-E. Ive been on a bulk for the past 8 months since I had my motorcycle accident which caused me to drop a large amount of weight (was on meds for 5 weeks / couldnt work out for 2 months).

Now Ive been dieting for the past 4 weeks trying to drop BF. I still have 4 more weeks of dieting to go and then Ill start my bulk again. Im going to make sure this is my strictest clean bulk ive ever done. I am looking to get into fitness modeling and if I get big enough if the next 2 years (250+lbs), Ill compete in NPC Southern States.

I just came across that this is actually a common thing people do before a cycle, I didnt know that before.

Question: Who has primed before cycling??? What was your impressions???
    Any info is appreciated

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Always. I always dial my diet and training in, get the BF% below 10%, and rock on!

Ive always gotten best results when my diet and training were 100% hardcore, and i had a lower bf%.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I do, or did!

If your prime correctly you will put yourself in a very anabolic environment for tissue to be built, its just another tool to use which will help you achieve your goals, once you try it you wont ever cycle without it.

Thanks for the reply's, Im actually kinda anxious to see what kind of results my body will produce after this dieting once I get on the Test. Also I cant wait to see how much leaner I get since my BF will stay the same or even drop as I put on 20+lbs from the cycle.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm on my 9th week of test prop and winny cycle and I am amazed at the results I have achieved thus far due to me priming for 4 months prior to this cycle. I have done a few cycles before (without priming) and the results don't compare to what I am achieving now because of the prime. I started my cycle at 5'-10" 181 lbs @ 8% BF and I am now 198lbs @ 10% BF. So to answer you question, yes priming works and I would recommend it.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I do not really care about having all my abs showing!! I have a very hard timne keeping lean enough for that anyway! As long as I stay between 12-18% and never get any higher I a happy! I do more of ampowerlifting tyoe of bodybuilding routine anyway I would rather look big than have abs!

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    so you guys prime solely with diet? or do you switch up training at the same time? different reps? # of sets? etc

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Priming is not a process to get your abs out, its a method of creating an environment for muscle tissue to grow very quickly, contest prep is a completely different thing. Priming is solely to put your body in a very anabolic environment for the up and coming cycle, your priming for that cycle.

The Prime explained before cycling..

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I did this prior to my second cycle. Allowed myself to be carb sensitive w/ carb cycling and lowering my protein intake to 1g per lb. Yes I was not training as much, in a deload phase, added in cardio. I lost a good bit of body fat in 6 weeks and I believe it worked wonders as I stayed pretty darn lean and you could see the add size quick.

However I think next I do I my carb deplete complete, no starch.... veggies, lower the protein to a 1g per lb and up my fats

Yea im basically carb cycling 6 low/1 high... Getting to my goal of around 8-9%. Currently I think I am closer to 13-14%, so hopefully I can down to that region in 4 weeks. Ill deff create a log on my experience with my first cycle with before pics from my priming.

All I do know is DAMMNNNNN I hate dieting, FUUUKIN hungry allllllll the time, cant wait to start bulking again

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    I'm on my 9th week of test prop and winny cycle and I am amazed at the results I have achieved thus far due to me priming for 4 months prior to this cycle. I have done a few cycles before (without priming) and the results don't compare to what I am achieving now because of the prime. I started my cycle at 5'-10" 181 lbs @ 8% BF and I am now 198lbs @ 10% BF. So to answer you question, yes priming works and I would recommend it.

Thats some great results for just 9 weeks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    I do not really care about having all my abs showing!! I have a very hard timne keeping lean enough for that anyway! As long as I stay between 12-18% and never get any higher I a happy! I do more of ampowerlifting tyoe of bodybuilding routine anyway I would rather look big than have abs!

Well being a college guy myself, some sort of abs showing is necessary. I find abs are like crack to girls

Quote Originally Posted by Sauced_Up View Post
    Thats some great results for just 9 weeks!!!
    Thanks bro!

edit:::: double post

only 3 more weeks left, down 16lbs already in the past 4 weeks (alot of water weight the first week), looking to start my cycle at around 210lbs

bump for anyone who has some more input on priming

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I keto diet for 9 weeks befoe my current cycle. Once I threw the carbs back in I grew like a weed.

ok so a lil update on the prime, I got sick a lil over a week ago, I was on some medication, and have cut down my cardio to basically none during this time, just working out and I uped my carbs to 2x what I normally was taking. I ended up loosing more weight then I wanted. So now im down to 207lbs. Im finally coming back to feeling like I did before and started to drop my carbs again. I also found my BF% was slightly higher then I thought. Did a 9 point caliper and came back at 11.8%

My cycle starts on the 24th, no if and or buts...

Im wondering if I should continue with my dieting even though im at a much lower weight then I wanted to be at with not much change in BF%

ok so a lil update on the prime, I got sick a lil over a week ago, I was on some medication, and have cut down my cardio to basically none during this time, just working out and I uped my carbs to 2x what I normally was taking. I ended up loosing more weight then I wanted. So now im down to 207lbs. Im finally coming back to feeling like I did before and started to drop my carbs again. I also found my BF% was slightly higher then I thought. Did a 9 point caliper and came back at 11.8%

My cycle starts on the 24th, no if and or buts...

Im wondering if I should continue with my dieting even though im at a much lower weight then I wanted to be at with not much change in BF%
    Sounds like you need more than one refeed day per week...try refeeding twice a week for awhile and see how your body responds. Stop by the diet section if you need some help.

im thinking about throwing in another refeed day, like 3 low/1 high then 2 low/1 high and continue with that till then...

Still havent decided on what im going to do exactly but tomorrows my carb up day so I cant wait, legs day too

V6A6L6O is offline Junior Member
    Is there an optimum amount of time that you should prime for, i.e. will priming for 6 weeks yield better results than 4 weeks?
    Cheers.

im thinking about throwing in another refeed day, like 3 low/1 high then 2 low/1 high and continue with that till then...

Still havent decided on what im going to do exactly but tomorrows my carb up day so I cant wait, legs day too
    sounds like a good plan...try refeeding on leg and back days.

Tarheel is offline Associate Member
    Hey fellas i have never heard of priming before...is it basically depleting your carbs and total caloric intake for 4-6 weeks b4 you start your cycle??? I am planning to start my next cycle in 2 months and I would love to learn more about this....I quickly browsed the dieting section about priming but couldnt find anything.....

Quote Originally Posted by jbstone71 View Post
    Hey fellas i have never heard of priming before...is it basically depleting your carbs and total caloric intake for 4-6 weeks b4 you start your cycle??? I am planning to start my next cycle in 2 months and I would love to learn more about this....I quickly browsed the dieting section about priming but couldnt find anything.....

The Prime explained before cycling..

read up.... marcus wrote some pretty good info about it

Tarheel is offline Associate Member
    Thanks sauced up for the tip, and thanks Marcus for the info!

Thread Information