Thread: When to cut?

bigrobbo is offline New Member

When to cut?

When you guys do a bulking cycle how long do you wait before you can start a cutting cycle? Example : you do a test E cycle for 12 weeks wait 2 weeks then do 4 weeks PCT. How long after finishing your PCT can you start a steroid free cut?

GetTheRage is offline Associate Member
    Whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheRage View Post
    Whenever you want.
    I was a little afraid that I would lose muscle if I started to soon as there will be a large deficit in calories from bulking to cutting.

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    Please read and remember that the compound you are taking does not determine bulk or cut.

Its all diet! I am "Cutting" on a Test/Deca cycle now. I may "Bulk" on the same cycle this winter.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Its always better if you attack a cutting cycle if you have established a maintenance diet, no matter what diet you are running it will take around 6-8 weeks to imprint a maintenance diet onto the body, once you have done this you can start attacking that diet slowly to which the body will respond well to, everytime you hit a sticking point just readjust the diet either by calories or switching carbs and protein.

Once you have finished PCT and you have fully recovered you can start any kind of diet you like but anything to harsh or fast will attack the muscle you have gained, slowly is the key to cutting fat away from the muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    Please read and remember that the compound you are taking does not determine bulk or cut.

Its all diet! I am "Cutting" on a Test/Deca cycle now. I may "Bulk" on the same cycle this winter.
    Yes I understand it’s not steroids that determine if you bulk or cut its all about diet but my concern is when I drop from 4000 calories (Bulking) to 2500 calories (cutting) I will lose muscle (I won’t drop from 4000 to 2500 in one day lol)

Juice Authority is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just got done with a 16 week cycle of bulking then cutting. I won't do that again. I'll either bulk or cut. 12 weeks bulking + PCT + bloodwork then 8-10 weeks cutting + PCT + bloodwork. The only reason I did that this time was for a transformation contest we were having on another board.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Its always better if you attack a cutting cycle if you have established a maintenance diet, no matter what diet you are running it will take around 6-8 weeks to imprint a maintenance diet onto the body, once you have done this you can start attacking that diet slowly to which the body will respond well to,
    So once I finish PCT I should gradually reduce my calories until I reach maintenance level then stay at maintenance for 6-8 weeks to let my body adjust. Then go for a cut. Is this correct?.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbo View Post
    So once I finish PCT I should gradually reduce my calories until I reach maintenance level then stay at maintenance for 6-8 weeks to let my body adjust. Then go for a cut. Is this correct?.
    Its always better to establish a maintenance diet, but that can be the diet what your using while in PCT, slowly attacking it is the key to reducing BF while maintaining muscle tissue.

When i talk about a maintenance diet i am referring to a diet whats been established for a number of weeks and not a diet whats only been run for 3 week and you have been swapping and changing diet for weeks on end, you need the body to know were its at before attacking BF, the body adjusts itself no matter what your doing but for best results in cuting BF away from the muscle you need to have that diet in place so the body isn't trying to adjust all the time, then let the natural way of cutting do its job, then slight adjustments will create a reduction in BF.

Great replys guy's thanks. marcus you make it so simple to understand thanks m8.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbo View Post
    Great replys guy's thanks. marcus you make it so simple to understand thanks m8.
    Your welcome,

Thread Information