Thread: AAS and Drugs

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member

AAS and Drugs

I've seen threads about AAS use and alcohol and the comments advising against combining these drugs....and for good reasons.

I expect the same responses for any other drug-AAS usage and for the same good reasons, however, a buddy of mine who's thinking about cycling for the first time is a big pot head (no offense to the members here who enjoy a little MJ from time to time). He's in decent shape and been lifting for about 6 years and training clients privately and wants to step up his performance.

I told him to kick his habit before even thinking about a cycle but he claims to have read (on the internet of all places) about guys using both without risks/problems. Sounds bogus to me but I'm not familiar with anyone who's used both at the same time.

My opinion is still "don't do it" but I'm wondering if anyone here has experience in this area or has come across any literature on the topic.

DAAS is offline Senior Member
    Well I would say the biggest issue here is mental stability. Drugs play a role in mood and fluctuating hormones do the same thing. But most AAS make you feel incredible and some euphoric while on them. As far as your actually physical health I would guess that the drugs would have the same negative effect on your body as they normally would, although for alcohol you wouldn't put on as much fat as normal.

My advice would be to stay away for any rec, drugs and keep alcohol consumption low during your PCT, when your body is weakest and your mood is more depressed. I could see coming off a cycle and combined with coming down from a high to put some people into a suicidal state.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAAS
    Well I would say the biggest issue here is mental stability. Drugs play a role in mood and fluctuating hormones do the same thing. But most AAS make you feel incredible and some euphoric while on them. As far as your actually physical health I would guess that the drugs would have the same negative effect on your body as they normally would, although for alcohol you wouldn't put on as much fat as normal.

My advice would be to stay away for any rec, drugs and keep alcohol consumption low during your PCT, when your body is weakest and your mood is more depressed. I could see coming off a cycle and combined with coming down from a high to put some people into a suicidal state.
    You're right about the euphoria. On my first cycle I felt invincible, but I also wasn't sleeping and was sweating my ass off every night (I was cycling cyp, prop, and primo). I'm a bit of a prude when it comes to rec drugs. I don't drink (not since college 12 years ago) and I lost my mom to smoking so I've never been a fan of smoking anything.

PCTs are typically when people struggle the most for the reasons you stated. I cruised through my first PCT until the third week and then started to crash hard in many ways.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    I've seen threads about AAS use and alcohol and the comments advising against combining these drugs....and for good reasons.

I expect the same responses for any other drug-AAS usage and for the same good reasons, however, a buddy of mine who's thinking about cycling for the first time is a big pot head (no offense to the members here who enjoy a little MJ from time to time). He's in decent shape and been lifting for about 6 years and training clients privately and wants to step up his performance.

I told him to kick his habit before even thinking about a cycle but he claims to have read (on the internet of all places) about guys using both without risks/problems. Sounds bogus to me but I'm not familiar with anyone who's used both at the same time.

My opinion is still "don't do it" but I'm wondering if anyone here has experience in this area or has come across any literature on the topic.
    sounds like me lol
    anyways i was thinking the same thing as im planning on cycling next year, if i have to i will stop smoking for 12 weeks or so, but if anyone has had any past experiences with this, would like to hear about it.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    If he is a regular smoker he should be fine. Personally I have refrained from any and all drug use, but that was a personal choice not influenced by AAS use. Only problem that may arise is a mental instability, but like I said if he smokes multiple x a day then he probably will have no problems.
    Last edited by ironbeck; 06-24-2012 at 05:36 AM.

stpete is offline Banned

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    9. Categorically no discussion of Recreational Drugs of any kind for any reason.

alcohol isn't a recreational drug??

guess there's only 1 way too find out then.

gimmieroids is offline New Member
    ive read some where on bodybuilding a post mad from a under ifbb pro and he says infact he knows some pro bodybuilders use weed sometimes to help increase their apatite but i highly doubt it as they could just use equipoise so i dont no just to let you know

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    9. Categorically no discussion of Recreational Drugs of any kind for any reason.

alcohol isn't a recreational drug??

guess there's only 1 way too find out then.
    Not if you're over 21.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Goes no drug talk. no more posting let the thread die
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thread Information