Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

to trt or not to trt that is the question

repost here for an answer.
    stats:
    21 (young I know) 5'8" 170lbs about 3 cycles
    great diet and still improving

I have had low test levels for my whole life or for as long as I have been testing for them. I have not wanted to go on trt because I am young and although I do not ever see myself having kids for many reasons, I like to prepare myself for the future. anyway I have always been able to get my t levels back to the high 300's after a cycle. I usually do testosterone only cycles and have done other compounds but always run test for a month longer.

After this last cycle of propionate (endo monitored) I had a test level that was lower than 100. this is pretty upsetting to me. My doc told me that it is time to do the trt thing because he does not think that I should be even trying to get my natural test back up because the roller coaster is too hard on my body. I already have test cyp and androgel prescribed to me, it is my choice to take them.

my question for you guys is: is there any reasons that I should not do it?

also my doc said that androgel will be better for me because I can maintain better blood levels - I am very responsive to any test, especially at low doses. so should I stick with androgel to try it out or no?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    The low Test is probably damage what you have done to yourself doing 3 cycles before your 21yrs old, ive seen it that many times guys starting to do cycles when they were 18yrs old and are on HRT in their low 20's, anyway looks like the damage is done.

Yes, i would go on HRT because with such a low level of test naturally you are not going to maintain any kind of muscle on your frame while off cycle, not being funny but your avatar speaks volumes. Ive had androgel and for me personally i find it a very weak HRT applictaion and i would go with the injections, with such a low level you will probably feel a good response with the gel as far as mood goes but IMHO I would go for the injections which is far superior.

If you have conducted an aggressive PCT and its impossible to regain full function of your HPTA I cant see any reason why you shouldnt go on HRT.

Why did you cycle so young?

I had low test before any cycles. I did cycles because I had low test. I have been trt eligible for a long time I just never did it cuz I was able to recover to low normal range.

so there are no pros to not doing a cycle.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Well it is like this... Do yo mind pinning yourself once a week for the rest of your life?
    Already spoke up about the kids..
    Is your doctor willing to giv you a script for E or Cyp?
    If you dont mind the pinning and the doc is on board why the hell wait? Unless you want to try like HCG and Nolvadex at higher doses trough your doc and see what happens I say why walk around with low levels if you do not have to plus... plus.., over time you will end up with a full pharma grade of test which in itself is almost enough reason to go on!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I had low test before any cycles. I did cycles because I had low test. I have been trt eligible for a long time I just never did it cuz I was able to recover to low normal range.

so there are no pros to not doing a cycle.
    What age did you start cycling because if you have done 3 cycles surely that would make you around 18yrs to 19yrs old when you started and having low test at that age could be from your HPTA not being fully developed, cant see how any Endro offering you hrt when you havent reach a fair age to be tested from??? sounds strange!

I had low test since I was young like 15 I think was the first time I was tested. I had all kinds of problems from it. But I could get hard and that is all that mattered to me. who cares if I don't grow chest and facial hair lol. I was not offered trt for a long time after that and I cycled first about a year and a half ago (when I started caring about the other stuff- like muscle mass - 5'7" 120lbs). I came off for blood work and until I shrank back down to under 150 then I would start again. doctor said I am old enough now for him to put me on trt, even though I have already been cycling. Now curious if there is any advantage to continue cycling. the doctor explained the reason I am not producing test and it is not cuz of cycling.

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    go on TRT , NOW . why do you even think about it , its a must for you.

jesus christ guys you have to understand once and for all , there are some SERIOUS DEADLY HEALTH RISKS from low testosterone including and not limited to heart disease and cancer .

its not just about "getting it up".

testosterone strengthen the whole body up. without it , you fall apart , physically and mentally.

hope that helps.

Ok I will go on trt

So I have two bottles of androgel and one bottle of cyp 100mg ml 10 ml. My doc wants me to try the androgel and see if I like it but I always hear bad things about it. My doc said that you can get your levels up into the 2000 range by using gel so it can be just as effective as injection. he has me on 4 pumps a day - whatever dose that is. he said I can use the cyp if I want but it is only 100mg a week and that seems really low.

what should I do? tell him I want to up the cyp dose? should I make up a reason that the gel does not work? if so what would I say?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    go w/ the cyp even though it is only 100mg/week that is probably more than your body is producing at the moment.

Thread Information