vaders4 is offline Member

Symptoms of low test?

Just curious if there are ways to guess if you have low natural test?

Little to no facial/body hair?
    Low volume of ejaculation?
    Higher pitched voice?

Are these symptoms of low natural test?

sirrah2508 is offline Associate Member
    how old are you?

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Well, a lot would depend on your age, but some of the basics of low testosterone are:

-lack of energy
    -decreased athletic performance
    -frequent mood swings
    -apathy towards sex

A lot of times when someone believes they have low test, they go to a doctor, and are diagnosed with depression (they have very similar symptoms). If you go in to see if low test is the cause of some of your problems, make sure to ask for blood tests to check your test levels.

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    So thats why women have frequent mood swings, they always have low test.

vaders4 is offline Member
    I'm 29, I do not believe I have low test, however I was just curious.

I have no problems with my libido at all, I'm a horny bastard for the most part.

However I am not very hairy - little to no chest hair, arms/legs are normal nothing crazy.

Facial hair is normal..

I was just curious if there are any tell tale signs I should look for as I get a little older.
    Thanks guys!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    symptoms of lower than normal test are; muscle loss,fat gain, gyno,depression,anger, low libido, erection problems,testicle shrinkage,low energy level,low self esteem, irritability, unusual sleeping pattern and relationship problems, infact every part of your life is effected and the day to day living becomes a toil.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    i dont think you have low test bro... just diff genetics

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    symptoms of lower than normal test are; muscle loss,fat gain, gyno,depression,anger, low libido, erection problems,testicle shrinkage,low energy level,low self esteem, irritability, unusual sleeping pattern and relationship problems, infact every part of your life is effected and the day to day living becomes a toil.
    Androgen deficiency is associated with increased levels of total cholesterol, low density lipoprotein (LDL), increased production of pro-inflammatory factors, increases thickness of the arterial wall, and contributes to endothelial dysfunction and CHD.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    lol swifto.. ur words are too big ..hahaha me slow cant read big words.. haha jk man in other words his syptoms dont apply to low test correct?

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Symptoms of Low Testosterone

In men, mid-life hormone changes usually begin without notice, especially after the age of forty. Unfortunately, the only obvious result may be the gradual assumption of the appearance of “an old man.” Andropause , a condition in which the testosterone level slowly declines with age, also decreases a man’s ability to enjoy sex. In addition to experiencing a decrease in sexual desire and erectile function, men with a lowered testosterone level may also notice changes in mood and emotions, a decrease in body mass and strength due to loss of muscle tissue, and an increase in body fat. Finally, the worst outcome may be alterations in bone mineral density, a condition called osteoporosis, which can lead to severe bone changes and even to fractures.

After the age of thirty, a man may lose up to two percent of testicular function each year. We know that twenty to fifty percent of healthy men between the ages of 50 and 70 have lower than normal levels of testosterone . This statistic indicates that up to five percent of all men are at risk for low testosterone states, a staggering number if you think about it. However, the reported incidence is extremely low, due, at least in part, to the fact that it’s difficult to diagnose a condition that you don’t know about. Until recently, we haven’t known much about low testosterone or testosterone replacement in men.

The Low Testosterone Quiz is taken from the Androgen Deficiency in Aging Male Questionnaire, which is a series of questions that can reliably lead clinicians to the possible diagnosis of low testosterone. If the answers to this quiz indicate that a low testosterone level is a possibility, the next step is to have a blood test to measure the testosterone level in the morning. If this test indicates a lower than normal level, a visit to your physician for evaluation and diagnosis is indicated.

Men are living longer and we are beginning to understand more about their aging process. As this knowledge becomes more available, men will demand treatment for low testosterone so they can maintain or improve their relationships and alleviate other symptoms of low testosterone, including osteoporosis, sexual dysfunction and mood disturbances - many of the same problems that occur in aging women.

References

1. Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)? Yes No
    2. Do you have a lack of energy? Yes No
    3. Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance? Yes No
    4. Have you lost height? Yes No
    5. Have you noticed a decreased "enjoyment of life" Yes No
    6. Are you sad and/or grumpy? Yes No
    7. Are your erections less strong? Yes No
    8. Have you noticed a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports? Yes No
    9. Are you falling asleep after dinner? Yes No
    10. Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance? Yes No

Zorn's Lemma is offline New Member

I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by vaders4 View Post
    I'm 29, I do not believe I have low test, however I was just curious.

I have no problems with my libido at all, I'm a horny bastard for the most part.

However I am not very hairy - little to no chest hair, arms/legs are normal nothing crazy.
    There are many hormones influencing hair growth, ex.: Dihydrotestosterone.

Also, libido is not the most accurate measure of testosterone . This is because other hormones play a very influential role in this, ex.: Luteinizing hormone. This is precisely when one drinks excessively they are are more easily tempted towards want of sexual acts (physically speaking), but are unable to achieve erection (High LH, Low Testosterone ).

The most accurate way to test you hypothesis, is to visit the local clinic and have a blood testosterone level test taken with the permission of you doctor.

P.S.: Abstinence is a great way to combat physically caused listlessness and increase testosterone as well as increase alertness and decrease needless calorie expenditure.

Thread Information