Ripped Mass is offline Associate Member

finger and toenail issues

Been running 100mg/day test prop for 9 weeks now, and been on winny tabs 50mg/day for 3 weeks. Early in my cycle started taking 2.5 mg/day letro in about my third week of cycle due to gyno flaring up (had from years ago first cycle for me in almost 5 years) but didn't seem like it was doing much but I am still on it-just reduced to 1.25/day, I mean nips were not as sore but still pretty puffy, started some l-dex a week ago and feels and looks much better.

Well seems like lately my fingernails have not been growing much and are weak and flimsy. Well I work in construction and have steeltoe work boots, so my feet take a beating everyday but damn my freaking big toenails on both sides are basically broke in half and are falling apart right in the middle and looks pretty bad.

This couldn't be the test could it? Shouldn't test make your fingernails grow more and be stronger? Or is the letro taking effect and has to do with low estrogen levels? My buddy said to pick up some biotin to help with nails and hair but have not got any yet. What do you think is the deal?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    go fish

Whoops meant 100mg test prop EOD!

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    If there was any correlation its between your overuse of AIs and bone density.

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    If there was any correlation its between your overuse of AIs and bone density.
    From reading your posts seems like any dose of an AI seems like too much to you! My letro is from online, very tiny tabs came shipped without any box and no writing on them at all, no numbers or words not to mention most letro prices I see online are through the roof and mine were pretty reasonable so I have had my doubts and felt like if they were legit they were severely underdosed-got the l-dex from a research chem lab so I think we can all agree you need to take a little more than the usual pharm grade dose.

But if it was anything you think its b/c of the test or low estro levels? Only have a little over two weeks left on this cycle so I hope these issues will go away quickly...anyone else have these issues with letro or AI's?

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    dude are your eyes turning yellow? I am not joking!! Thin weakening fingernails and toenails is like the first sign of Liver failure!! If they are really having this issue, you need to get some bloodwork done Immediately!!

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    dude are your eyes turning yellow? I am not joking!! Thin weakening fingernails and toenails is like the first sign of Liver failure!! If they are really having this issue, you need to get some bloodwork done Immediately!!
    Nine- Your talking about jaundice.Serious stuff.Let's hope his bloodwork comes back good.

thai-lan is offline Member
    lets hope he's alright

Well thats not what I wanted to hear! No yellowing of the eyes or anything, I mean I feel fine drinking at least a gallon or two of water a day, been on liv52 and milk thistle. No other issues except for some lower back pain from time to time that alot of AAS users seem to get-aka the lower back pump. I was thinking estrogen issues but you guys think its my liver huh?

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chamberman1979 View Post
    Well thats not what I wanted to hear! No yellowing of the eyes or anything, I mean I feel fine drinking at least a gallon or two of water a day, been on liv52 and milk thistle. No other issues except for some lower back pain from time to time that alot of AAS users seem to get-aka the lower back pump. I was thinking estrogen issues but you guys think its my liver huh?
    Probably not. But get some bloodwork done.

It's always better to be safe than sorry.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    MY ?F hd an isue a few years ago with her hair / nails not growing nd we started doing research and found a few things that said the liver and kidneys can cause this.. Just wanted you to know so you can make 100% sure!

MY ?F hd an isue a few years ago with her hair / nails not growing nd we started doing research and found a few things that said the liver and kidneys can cause this.. Just wanted you to know so you can make 100% sure!
    Well I have about two more weeks left on this cycle, a month of PCT then will be going to the doc to get some bloodwork done, hopefully all will go well, thanks for the heads up would have never thought liver! Eeesh!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by chamberman1979 View Post
    Been running 100mg/day test prop for 9 weeks now, and been on winny tabs 50mg/day for 3 weeks. Early in my cycle started taking 2.5 mg/day letro in about my third week of cycle due to gyno flaring up (had from years ago first cycle for me in almost 5 years) but didn't seem like it was doing much but I am still on it-just reduced to 1.25/day, I mean nips were not as sore but still pretty puffy, started some l-dex a week ago and feels and looks much better.

Well seems like lately my fingernails have not been growing much and are weak and flimsy. Well I work in construction and have steeltoe work boots, so my feet take a beating everyday but damn my freaking big toenails on both sides are basically broke in half and are falling apart right in the middle and looks pretty bad.

This couldn't be the test could it? Shouldn't test make your fingernails grow more and be stronger? Or is the letro taking effect and has to do with low estrogen levels? My buddy said to pick up some biotin to help with nails and hair but have not got any yet. What do you think is the deal?
    I dont think its anything with AAS use thats causing your problems.
    I would go see your family doctor,,I'm sure him/her can help you.

Thread Information