ChipD22 is offline New Member

Roxicodone/oxycodone and oxycontin and anabolic

All the threads I searched talked about vicodin and other pain killers which contain acetaminophin but Roxy's and oxycontin do not, are there any particular concerns if I am going to do my first cycle (have not decided which type yet)? I have been taking roxy's and oxy's for years so PLEASE dont waste time telling me about how bad these are, I just want some advice so if there are any type of anabolic (or other) that is known to have adverse side affects please advise...

Thanks in advance for any help!

ryan_me is offline New Member
    Keep in mind i dont know your condition that warrents your pain medication. But i take oxycontin and percocets daily for my condition. I have had no irregular sides when i took test,winny,eq,d-bol and decca. BUT you need to keep in mind that everyones body reacts differently to different substances. Definately ask a doctor before you cycle and make sure you do extensive research on anything you put in your body and make sure your body can physicly handle the sides. YOU CAN DO ALOT OF DAMAGE TO YOUR BODY.

Thats just my take on the sub.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bad??? I want some. LOL I LOVE Roxicete (spelling) when I had some sinus work done. DAMN that stuff is good.

Im thinking about having my doc to switch me over to something besides Vicodine for a while.

I dont think you have anything more to be concerned about than anyone on vicodine or anything else.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    be careful here guys, there is to be NO REC DRUG TALK at all on the boards

so I am sure you are all using those under a doctor's prescription right

Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    be careful here guys, there is to be NO REC DRUG TALK at all on the boards

so I am sure you are all using those under a doctor's prescription right
    LOL 100% on my count. Actually I dont even get any pleasure out of them except for some pain relief. I never figured out how people enjoy or get high off the stuff. 3 herniated discs, arthritis due to injuries, torn rotator cuff also with scar tissue and arthritis and now herniated C6 or at least a pinched nerve causing the rt arm to be numb.

Yeah they are prescribed and not for recreation

Im just saying I know the roxy stuff works good.

Tarheel is offline Associate Member
    I have read that any type of opiate causes a reduction in testosterone and thus, an increase in estrogen...not sure of how much truth is in this though..

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbstone71 View Post
    I have read that any type of opiate causes a reduction in testosterone and thus, an increase in estrogen...not sure of how much truth is in this though..
    Where did you read this???

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Will not interat with anything!! really sore back after legs tonight (3 herniated discs) Just actually took a Oxycontin 40mg 10 minutes ago.. You will be fine

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I have been under a doctors care for years and am on TRT and I use morphine everyday. It has no detrimental effect on the anabolics.

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    Will not interat with anything!! really sore back after legs tonight (3 herniated discs) Just actually took a Oxycontin 40mg 10 minutes ago.. You will be fine
    takin a 40mg Oxy aint no stroll in the park. If thats what you need after a leg workout, maybe its time for a lil rester

tonyz 716 is offline New Member
    Same here i've been on oxicontin and percocet for pain management for years because of a laundry list of problems with my back and no i have never experienced any adverse side effects with my anabolics as a matter of fact i like working out on them but i'm not here to encourage anyone to do anything of the sort so i probably shouldn't even write that. Yes i've heard the same thing about them decreasing hormones but i figure the test will cover that anyway
    Last edited by tonyz 716; 08-08-2009 at 09:21 PM.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    You will be fine...I'd advise you to have liver function and renal function tested regularly throughout the cycle. Also, be very cognizant of palpitations and other heart conditions.

All drugs effect all people very differently. While there are no known ADR's (Adverse Drug Reactions) between AAS and Narcotic Analgesics, that does not mean that it may not have a novel effect on your body.

A personal experience of mine...I was prescribed Prednisone and was also prescribed a narcotic pain killer after that point, and when I took them both at the same time I experienced very pronounced heart palpitations. Usually they are harmless, but they do make you somewhat alarmed the first few times.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    You will be fine...I'd advise you to have liver function and renal function tested regularly throughout the cycle. Also, be very cognizant of palpitations and other heart conditions.

All drugs effect all people very differently. While there are no known ADR's (Adverse Drug Reactions) between AAS and Narcotic Analgesics, that does not mean that it may not have a novel effect on your body.

A personal experience of mine...I was prescribed Prednisone and was also prescribed a narcotic pain killer after that point, and when I took them both at the same time I experienced very pronounced heart palpitations. Usually they are harmless, but they do make you somewhat alarmed the first few times.
    Good advise. I get my liver function test done 2x a year
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-08-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM View Post
    Where did you read this???
    My doctor mentioned something about it to me. He said it was in a recent study that he read. I think he said it pertained to people on heavy narcotics(oxicontin) over a prolonged period of time. Then again you know how these studies go somewhere down the line comes another one which contradicts the original study.
    Last edited by tonyz 716; 08-09-2009 at 06:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CheddaNips View Post
    takin a 40mg Oxy aint no stroll in the park. If thats what you need after a leg workout, maybe its time for a lil rester
    No rester!! Do you bother reading the whole post?? I have 3 herniated discs in my back! ask around I bet you will find out that just having 3 herniated discs alone is enough pain for anyone... now try bending over with 400+pounds on your back while someone has a knife pushed into your back! That is how it feels everytime I come out of the squat rack! and actually after eing on pain meds for 10 years for the issue, It is a stroll in the park! Need yo think a little more before giving out your comments! In a sens it was almost kind of rude to tell someone with a blown out back that is busting their ass through the severe pain to still keep training hard that if they need pain meds they should stop! You worry about you... and I will worry about me!

No rester!! Do you bother reading the whole post?? I have 3 herniated discs in my back! ask around I bet you will find out that just having 3 herniated discs alone is enough pain for anyone... now try bending over with 400+pounds on your back while someone has a knife pushed into your back! That is how it feels everytime I come out of the squat rack! and actually after eing on pain meds for 10 years for the issue, It is a stroll in the park! Need yo think a little more before giving out your comments! In a sens it was almost kind of rude to tell someone with a blown out back that is busting their ass through the severe pain to still keep training hard that if they need pain meds they should stop! You worry about you... and I will worry about me!
    I disagree, 1 is enough. I had two for SEVERAL years. After not being able to walk or stand for more than 10 minutes at a time I opted for surgery. I had lived with it for 20 years until it was unbearable.

The 3rd on herniated 2 years later doing an inverted situp.... I have NEVER been in so much pain. I could not walk, sit, stand for more than 1 minute at a time and in enough pain I frequently passed out.

Taking 2 750 mg vicodine, 1 valium and a morphine pill all at the same time only game me enough relieve to make it to the living room from the bedroom before almost passing out.

I honestly could not even sit on the can long enough to take a dump it was so bad for 10 days. Surgery helped 90% but I'm still in pain/discomfort 24/7

It can be debilitating but I dont let it and pain meds keep me moving especially in the morning. My back is one reason I got back into working out and trying my best to get my body in shape to manage the pain if at all possible. I dont really want to do a fusion except as a last resort. I'm holding out for stem cell recovery. They do it now but it's $15,000, no insurance covers it YET...

I do NO above the heads weights. It hurts even to pick up 40 lb dumbbells so I have to be very careful. I did bench 100 lb dumbbells a couple months ago just to do it but I paid for it after with my back even though I was very careful.

At all cost protect your back. I was 22 and indestructible proving I could lift as much as the BIG guys who where 6' 2" + and I was only 5' 8" 150 lbs. I USE to do drywall.... enough said.

Trust me if anyone knows exactly how you feel it's me. Same issues here and of course since i usually start out with squats my back flares up and i can't even do leg extensions without going through agony. I guess you can't understand until you've been there just like i can't see how anyone can enjoy a cold beer as soon as they get home from work most people snub their nose at someone who takes a pill regardless of whether a doctor gave it to them or not. Thank god my legs keep up with my upper body whether i train them or not although i would like to put some size on them anyway so i guess it's back to the torture. If i don't squat i feel like i might as well not bother doing them at all i know i'm hard headed.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyz 716 View Post
    Trust me if anyone knows exactly how you feel it's me. Same issues here and of course since i usually start out with squats my back flares up and i can't even do leg extensions without going through agony. I guess you can't understand until you've been there just like i can't see how anyone can enjoy a cold beer as soon as they get home from work most people snub their nose at someone who takes a pill regardless of whether a doctor gave it to them or not. Thank god my legs keep up with my upper body whether i train them or not although i would like to put some size on them anyway so i guess it's back to the torture. If i don't squat i feel like i might as well not bother doing them at all i know i'm hard headed.
    Most people? Where are you from? Ive never encountered anyone who snubbed their nose at me for taking pain meds, or maybe they where afraid Id snub their nose for them?

I take that back, I had ONE guy at work who though I was faking my back injury until he pinched his sciatic nerve. hahahaha
    He called me up at work to appologize and said He had NEVER been in so much pain and was on his was back from the doctor. I asked him how he got to the doctor. He drove. I told him he had NO idea what pain was yet or how much I was in before. He has not said anything to me since.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-09-2009 at 06:53 AM.

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    it wasnt cuz of the narcotic, i have nothing against that, it just seems a little overkill to still be doing all that with that kind of injury.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by CheddaNips View Post
    it wasnt cuz of the narcotic, i have nothing against that, it just seems a little overkill to still be doing all that with that kind of injury.
    I think it's more preferrable to be attempting to improve ones body than to let the injury win and become a fat couch potato who sits around in his house all day watching TV, eating chips, drinking soda, and having a pitty party. More power to these guys for pushing through the pain and still working out. I'm impressed at anyone who can do a 400lb squat PERIOD, let alone with several herniated discs. There is a stigma associated with people who take pain killers regardless of whether they legitimately need them or not. I blame the rhetoric from the government and the propaganda distributed by the irresponsible news agency's for this social stigma.

grinchinit is offline Associate Member
    i think your liver would be your only concern.

..and my only concern is to avoid back problems!

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    I think it's more preferrable to be attempting to improve ones body than to let the injury win and become a fat couch potato who sits around in his house all day watching TV, eating chips, drinking soda, and having a pitty party. More power to these guys for pushing through the pain and still working out. I'm impressed at anyone who can do a 400lb squat PERIOD, let alone with several herniated discs. There is a stigma associated with people who take pain killers regardless of whether they legitimately need them or not. I blame the rhetoric from the government and the propaganda distributed by the irresponsible news agency's for this social stigma.
    That's exactly it...I'm still really young to have all of these problems and I truly believe that if I wasn't to continue doing rack deads(much safer than off the floor) and other back exercises to keep my lumbar spine stronger than the average person I won't be able to keep the injuries at bay. Like i said for the most part I try to keep away from squats on an everyweek basis because I don't think the compression that they cause is any good for a guy with an injury but keeping them in the roster helps to strengthen the back big time. Luckily my genetics for decent leg development allows me to get away with that. I work doing physical therapy and I see what happens to people who don't want to put the work in and it's proven that when you sit around feeling sorry for yourself the muscle wastes away and gets worse.

Liver toxicity was also a concern of mine but doctor's are learning more and more these days about how resilient the liver actually is and how much you can get away with taking before you get to the point where it becomes an issue. Now i'm not saying to throw caution to the wind and not worry about your health but if you take precautionary steps it's really not that big a deal

Blog Entries
    I was having liver concerns when I first did this back problem...at 21!! I was on actual Percoset 7.5 / 500 X 10 a day! I was on those for about 4-6 years until I was 26-27 and then my LFT tests started coming bacl elevated. After than go taken off them and put on Roxicodone. A little more oxycodone, but no codeine or acetimenophen and those are what cause the liver issues! As for my back! As usual pretty much spent the day in bed cause my back and legs are soo sore i can bend over to put socks on!! But it happens the day after every time and I am used to it! Not going to sit around and turn Fa Slob cause of it and after my aunt got back surery and has spent her entire life since that day in a Wheelchair unable to walk... I will just opt for the pain and no operation!!

Thread Information