Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member

how bad is it to drink alcohol once a week while on pct?

i start pct in a few days for a test only cycle but i usually go out one a week and have about 7 or so drinks that night. I know the pct is used to bring my natural levels back to normal so obviously, drinking isnt a good thing. But I know people tend to exhaggerate how bad alcohol is while on cycle (injectables, not orals). but what about on nolva and clomid?

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Nolva is hepatoxic. Also seven drinks a night is not helping out with your lean mass gains

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    If its only once a week, why cant you just stop drinking on that night and do it correctly? does it really mean that much to you to drink on that night?

PCT is a very important time and all gains can be lost, you need to be 100% with ecvery aspect of your bodybuilding to maintain your gains in this period, diet needs to be 100% and you need to be also.

Crest is offline Senior Member
    drinking now and then on cycles not so bad as long as you limit yourself, i wouldnt think of drinking to heavily during pct though. Bit of a waste of effort over the last few months if you ask me

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Drinking will not screw up your hormones while on pct. But, you can lose a lot of gains from all the empty calories and slacking off. I personally don't think once a week will harm you though, as long as the rest of your diet and training is in order.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    my pct is gona be over xmas, so no getn pissed 4 me, fookin bummer tht is!!!!!

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    maybe not the best thing to do while youre recovering. i wouldnt drink during pct.

however, im a strong believer in enjoying life while you can. arnold and his friend use to bring barbells and weights in the woods and lift weights all night and drink mugs of beer while hot girls would cook them huge meals. then they would go skinny dipping and have wild sex. this is how it should be.

again people are exaggrating the effect it has on lean muscle gains. I have probably went out and drank maybe 6 times during my 12 week cycle and still gained 22lbs. its really not that big of a deal as long as I still get my macros in and keep my workouts strong. It wouldnt do me any good to miss out on enjoying occasional nights where i hang out with people i havent seen in a while.

But I was really asking from a hormonal aspect, which some of you had said it wont make a difference. I appreciate the help

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    my head says no, but my body says yes

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    It will impact your test production that night through the next day and prolong recovery. Think of it as setting your pct back for 3 days.

Blog Entries
    tbh i have always enjoyed a drink at the w'end, maybe abstained a bit more when i was competing but it neva did me any harm or screw up my training longterm

Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    tbh i have always enjoyed a drink at the w'end, maybe abstained a bit more when i was competing but it neva did me any harm or screw up my training longterm
    this is what im saying. I think that the majority of people here dont drink so they assume that it is much worse than it really is. the occasional night out wont harm long term gains

Blog Entries
    yep, jus a bit of common sense and not going past the had enuf stage, the bad side to it is loss of appetite and sleep interference = sub performance in training

Markosterone is offline Member
    as long as you eat and train hard as you always do, you will probably keep the gains as normal.

I know I do, but If training and food fails, gains get lost...

big_k is offline Associate Member
    I don't see what the obsession is with drinking, yes most of us like to get drunk here and there. But you're throwing in poison into your body while its dealing with a lot of other substances doesn't seem like the best idea. Will you still have gains? Yes, but you're trying to better yourself and most likely spending some good green on compounds why not abstain for 2-4 months and enjoy it afterwards. just my .02 cents

Blog Entries
    nobody said it was an obsession

big_k is offline Associate Member
    nobody said it was an obsession
    Sry didn't mean obsession, although a lot of my friends are still in college and they are obsessed. kids will be kids tho

Blog Entries
    ah, those were the days lol. when i was younger i would have drunk quite a bit at w'ends and it didnt ruin my powerlifting a bit, maybe a few off days in training afta the w'end but i knw i couldnt do tht now, id be screwed for 4 days, but then thts the age catchin up lol

lotsoftime is offline Associate Member
    Why did you ask this question if you're just going to do it anyways?

syd-bloke is offline Associate Member
    I dont understand, you make the effort, you spend the money, you put your body into hell by taking aas, then go out dringking 6 shots a week even though you are not sure if thats good or bad from hormonal point of view and yet arguing with us in patronizing way. Its like you plan to rob a bank half drunk and ask us if its good or bad! Its awesome that your drunk, but its fu*kin stupid that you do it while drunk. If your crazy enough to do it and get away with it, then thumbs up to you but obviously any guy with a common sense wouldnt have done it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by syd-bloke View Post
    I dont understand, you make the effort, you spend the money, you put your body into hell by taking aas, then go out dringking 6 shots a week even though you are not sure if thats good or bad from hormonal point of view and yet arguing with us in patronizing way. Its like you plan to rob a bank half drunk and ask us if its good or bad! Its awesome that your drunk, but its fu*kin stupid that you do it while drunk. If your crazy enough to do it and get away with it, then thumbs up to you but obviously any guy with a common sense wouldnt have done it.
    wtf??? wat age are you , 12?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    It will impact your test production that night through the next day and prolong recovery. Think of it as setting your pct back for 3 days.
    Agreed.

It will lower endogenous T and also push estrogen levels up a fair bit.

Anyone notice their gyno symptoms get worse the day after drinking? I do. Yes...Thats the increase in estrogen.

There is no need to get drunk on PCT. Alcohol contributes nothing positive at all, so dont do it.

Tamoxifen and Clomid will also push your liver values up. Consume alcohol and risk increasing them further. If you've got pissed on 17aa's the hangovers are 10x worse the next day.

Not sure about you, but I dont feel like eating that much with a hangover. So your diet will also be off.

Dont do it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Agreed.

It will lower endogenous T and also push estrogen levels up a fair bit.

Anyone notice their gyno symptoms get worse the day after drinking? I do. Yes...Thats the increase in estrogen.

There is no need to get drunk on PCT. Alcohol contributes nothing positive at all, so dont do it.

Tamoxifen and Clomid will also push your liver values up. Consume alcohol and risk increasing them further. If you've got pissed on 17aa's the hangovers are 10x worse the next day.

Not sure about you, but I dont feel like eating that much with a hangover. So your diet will also be off.

Dont do it.
    theres a big point being missed here, its a big diff between a few drinks and getting slaughtered.

It is hard to tell the negative effects of alcohol on training. I used to hit the gym hard, and go out for tequila shots all night afterwards. Then I would wake up, chug gatorade, and hit the gym again. I was used to it and it never bothered me. My training was also not moving forward. I have been alcohol free for about 6 months now. Well, I can safely say 8 months, if I don't count my one slip up (in the Keys). I started to feel healthy. I decided recently to have a few drinks. I had about 7 vodka and cranberries, and about 3 rum and cokes. Yeah my next two workouts suffered. I am no scientist, and I have no science to back my theory, but from common sense I can tall you that alcohol affects every aspect of weight training. Also, like said above, you shoud be giving 100% dedication to pct. You have to work harder than on cycle if you want to keep what you earned

wtf??? wat age are you , 12?
    And WTF is your point?
    Last edited by syd-bloke; 11-07-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Alcohol (nutritionally) gives the body nothing. Apart from being a short term anti-depressant, its useless and will harm the body. So its not optimal at any dose. Be it 1 drink or 15.

I like to drink a glass of red wine with one of my evening meals. That just about the only amount of alcohol I'll consume on cycle and during PCT.

It also dehydrates you

Blog Entries
    Alcohol (nutritionally) gives the body nothing. Apart from being a short term anti-depressant, its useless and will harm the body. So its not optimal at any dose. Be it 1 drink or 15.

I like to drink a glass of red wine with one of my evening meals. That just about the only amount of alcohol I'll consume on cycle and during PCT.
    thts a bit overkill, ive been lifting for 16yrs, 13 natural and represented my country and achieved a British podium all whilst living through my late teens and 20's and enjoying a drink probably every weekend. i will agree tht while on cycle, very little alcohol is prob more advisable

Exactly! Also there is nothing wrong with drinking 6 shots a week hell i drink way more than that, but while on cycle and pct? no way, max i go it a glass of red with my cheat meal during cycle.

thts a bit overkill, ive been lifting for 16yrs, 13 natural and represented my country and achieved a British podium all whilst living through my late teens and 20's and enjoying a drink probably every weekend. i will agree tht while on cycle, very little alcohol is prob more advisable
    Thats what we trying to get through

Blog Entries
    Thats what we trying to get through
    yep i know tht, but theres a general anti alcohol thread developing now, and anyhows who can define another mans tolerance? i will occasionally go out and drink 5-10 pints while on cycle/pct, hasnt harmed me or affected my lifts. i think the key word to round this off is "tolerance"

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoftime View Post
    Why did you ask this question if you're just going to do it anyways?
    because I want to know how bad it is for me and how bad it will effect my natural testosterone recovery

are you serious? you are completely out of line

read this article by Alan Aragon who is extremely reputable
    http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...e_to_alcohol_1

the article doesnt mention AAS but the rules still apply for the most part

charlesriley is offline Associate Member
    how much alcohol?? i mean it depends on your liver. there are alot of studies out there that say alcohol is this and alcohol is that and anyone can say positive or negative things bout alcohol while on a cycle.

what you need to do is maybe not risk it till pct is over. is it really that important to drink while pct?? and always be thinkin bout your liver or worryin?? PCT will be over one day, youll have you results then youll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesriley View Post
    how much alcohol?? i mean it depends on your liver. there are alot of studies out there that say alcohol is this and alcohol is that and anyone can say positive or negative things bout alcohol while on a cycle.

what you need to do is maybe not risk it till pct is over. is it really that important to drink while pct?? and always be thinkin bout your liver or worryin?? PCT will be over one day, youll have you results then youll be good.
    i have not drank much at all during my cycle. maybe like 8 nights total out of my 12 weeks, which is much less than usual. I would rather not shut my social life off completely. I still gained 22lbs and everyone i havent seen in a while accused me of juicing recently. I am very smart about it when I do drink at least (ODing on water). As for the appetite decreasing the next day, it does but not too badly. I still force the meals in. but again, this is getting very off topic. I created this thread because I wasnt sure what time of hormonal effects drinking would have on pct. I feel that if I drink quite a few 2nights out of the 4 weeks of pct, ill be fine. Then again, I'm still new to AAS and know much less than the majority of forum members

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    are you serious? you are completely out of line

read this article by Alan Aragon who is extremely reputable
    http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...e_to_alcohol_1

the article doesnt mention AAS but the rules still apply for the most part
    What is the point of you asking this question if you dont listen to what we say? I dont give a rat ass about no article. I just dont risk it regardless of any kind of complications "IF ANY"! Body building for me is about passion not a joke and i take it seriously. I would like to do a clean and healthy cycle and pct, then go drink my head off. But thats me.

If you disagree, then do what you want and dont ask us for opinion.

ps. 6 shots in one go is nothing, girls drink more than that. Time that to 3, thats how much i drink if I go out. The whole point was NOT to do it while on cycle and pct to reduce the risks "IF ANY".

Good luck.

I think this thread is turning pretty stupid.

You shouldnt be getting pissed during your cycle and PCT. Why would you want to do that? Your harming your body as it is taking androgens, so why push your body further? Again, one or 20 drinks, it doesnt matter, its NOT optimal. Whether you choose to get pissed on cycle or PCT, thats your choice, but it will elevate AST levels and put your liver/kidneys through added stress. I did it. My AST levels topped 112. Never again.

Alcohol will lower endogenous T and elevate estrogen levels, 2 things we really want to avoid during PCT. Your body is already in a catabolic state with elevated cortisol, unbalanced hormones and low endogenous testosterone . If your getting waster during PCT, you shouldnt be using AS at all IMHO. 2 steps forward and 3 back.

I do like to drink myself, but if I do on cycle, I consume very very little. One beer watching a football game, thats it. Or red wine with a meal. Moderation is key here.

But I'm very aware of what I'm doing negatively to myself. I dont think some are in this thread.

I like to use AS and enjoy eating very well, but I'm not one of those bodybuilders that lets the sport rule their life. I'm not a competitor, so I still do the things that I enjoy. However, if I was a competing bodybuilder, alcohol would be off my list almost completely.

hey thought about ghb or gbl??? almost the same effects exept ghb wont make you vomit or feel nausea.

ghb and gbl are proven to raise igf and hgh levels way off baseline. it feels great has euphoria and if used at threshold doses is actually healthy for all your body's cells. i do it it works great.

i cant find any negative HORMONAL effects, still alcohol plus clomid to me is alot to worry about especially if you had a oral in your cycle., id be scared to get hep or liver cancer. do what ya do just be safe man. hope your liver still loves ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information