sportf190 is offline Junior Member

long vs. short cycles opinions needed

hey im just curious as to what you guys prefer mygains tend to stop around week 7 or 8 of short esters.. and around week 10 of long easters so what would the point be to running 16 week cycle... do you feel if you stay on longer your gains become more permanent because your 'used' to it more.. any input on what you guys prefer thanks..

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Again, this as been debated many times, I feel you have to use which method suits you best for growth.
    ive cycled for over 20yrs and have kept a diary with most of my cycles, ive done 30 week cycles and short ones and i can honestly say its the short ones which have kept the most gains for me. The longer cycles have always been so hard to recover from and the drop in muscle tissue while trying to maintain it shows me that a fast recovery is needed to keep the new found tissue, other wise your just chasing gains instead of maintaining them.

Not everyone responds in this manner, so prefer longer cycles and that's fine, alot of younger guys like then because some recover fast but IMHO you have to find out when your gains start to slow down and design cycles around that, of course you can swap and change compounds to further gains to what degree is another matter to debate weather the sides of longer cycles are really worth the added tissue!!

The human body cant keep building muscle tissue over long periods of time because weight gain and muscular growth doesn't happen that way. Not in infants, toddlers, teenagers, or even weight trainers. Instead, weight gain seems to come in spurts or surges. It's amazing how you can train hard and eat very well year round yet only seem to make progress in quick little infrequent spurts of growth even with taking all the AAS compounds the body still gets use to what its taken.

The body can gain large tissue gains for short periods of time but it cant keep maintaining growth for long periods of time, if you have the right environment for the body it will have rapid fast growth if you implement a prime to open the growth window and create a rebound for tissue to grow.

Something else you have to consider rather than AAS is the training and diet what comes along side cycling, you can't mentally give 100% to your diet and intense training for long periods of time, some people have many different time scales for how long they can keep up the dedication what is needed while cycling, we all need to rest and recover and repair, I know some can only last at an intense level for only 4-6 weeks then they are burnt out and need to rest or back off slightly, some i know can go to around 8-10 weeks but those who say they can give 100% for 15weeks plus i say they aren't training correctly to maintain that kind of attack on the body, no matter what they are taking.

Listen to your body and its ability to grow and recover and design everything around this!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    What he said...... ^^^^

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

ted666 is offline Associate Member
    excellent post !!!!!!!! so true!!! with experience in weight training i found this out first hand. so true

Thread Information