bakie is offline Associate Member

Sickness and rebound

Current Stats:
    Height: 5' 10''
    Weight: 156lb
    bf%: 8-10%

About one month ago I was planning on starting my cycle. I was up to 172 at 9% bf, I had a solid diet (I had gained 15 lbs of lean muscle in a month and a half). Then, I went to the desert, ate nothing but two sandwiches over a 16 hour workday, that's all we were allowed too, and we were laying concrete. I hadn't lost much weight until the last couple days. I caught Swine flu/or something along those lines. I couldn't eat, but still had to work those last three days. I came home and still couldn't eat for a few days, and I went down to 150 even. I couldn't put the weight back on because I was having difficulties getting my diet back in check. Well, a week and a half ago I decided enough was enough and I put to work my old diet. I have put on 5 pounds of lean muscle since then, and I tipped the scale at 157 today. How long do you suggest I wait to start thinking cycle again? Until I reach 175? or would it be worth the while to hit it if I get up to 165 in the next couple weeks... Knowing that that is proof enough my diet is in check.

Diet:
    300 grams protein 300-350 grams of carbs 100-150 grams fat

Breakfast:
    5 eggs, 1 cup whole oats, random fruit, 30 gram protein shake (23 from the mix 7 grams from raw milk)

meal 2:
    chicken breast and 1 cup brown rice

meal 3:
    chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice

meal 4:
    two tuna sandwiches (tuna = 1 cup tuna saled, mayo, 1 can tuna, onions, hard boiled egg, celery, and mustard)

meal 5:
    50 gram protein shake, with 2 tbsp peanut butter and 1 cup raw oats blended in

Workout

Meal 6:
    chocolate , 30 gram protein shake

meal 7: red meat 8 oz, brown rice or baked potato

sometimes meal 8: casein shake

I also eat veggies and fruit throughout the day and most days I eat a peanut butter sandwich before bed.

No opinion on this matter?

vaders4 is offline Member
    1. You're too young to cycle IMO
    2. You don't weigh enough
    3. It's not possible to gain more then 2lbs in PURE muscle per month - your body will simply not let you do it - but somehow you've gained 15lbs of lean muscle in a month and a half? Some people can't even do that ON a cycle.

You should be able to get up to 180-190 all natural if your diet was really that good.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    How do u know that youve picked up 15lb's of "lean muscle" ?

Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    How do u know that youve picked up 15lb's of "lean muscle" ?
    Exactly, dude no one picks up 15lbs of lean muscle in 1.5months naturally.

Hell, even ON something that's probably not too easy to do.

Well, I went up 15 lbs and my bodyfat had not changed? I don't know how else to describe the situation then that.

Quote Originally Posted by bakie View Post
    Well, I went up 15 lbs and my bodyfat had not changed? I don't know how else to describe the situation then that.
    I can describe that situation in 1 simple word.

Bullshit.

Humans, naturally, do not gain 15lbs of lean muscle in 1.5 months, 2 months, or even 3 months - more like 7.

your bf% has not changed? so if your at 10% bf which is pretty lean lets say adult 15% which you could still see your sixpack if you tense... 15% of 150lbs is 22.5lbs of fat... 15% of 170lbs is 25.5 so atleast 3 pounds of your 15lbs is fat...but most likely more if your bf rose by 1% in the last month and a half thats like anohter 2 pounds so you probly only gained 10lbs in the 6-7 weeks... and im guessing if your diets better your eating alot more including carbs so youve probly put on 3-4lbs water... of course this is all just guessing haha but maybe some of it applies to you...

in the scenario above you would have added 6lbs muscle in 6-7 weeks...

Thread Information