liftw8t is offline Associate Member

Cycle Length Question

Now I was wondering whats the benefit of running a cycle for 12 weeks? I have heard you reach your peak around 6-8 weeks, now wouldnt you want to stop then? I would just like some real enlightenment on the subject because I know a few guys around the way that only run stuff for 4-8 weeks on cycle.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    who said you "reach your peak at 6-8weeks on cycle"?

depends on the ester. if you're running a longer ester, yes, run longer cycles, it will take at least 4 weeks for the compound to build up in your system anyway.

I'd never run a cycle for 4 weeks, but I have run burst cycles (8 weeks) with short esters yeilding great results.

Juturna is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    As D7M stated - it depends on the compounds.

Age;
    Height;
    Weight;
    BF%;
    Cycle Exp;
    Training Exp;

Have your diet on hand, please.

What compound are you talking about?

manwitplans is offline Senior Member
    Me personally I would NEVER run shorter then 8, and preferably more.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    who said you "reach your peak at 6-8weeks on cycle"?

depends on the ester. if you're running a longer ester, yes, run longer cycles, it will take at least 4 weeks for the compound to build up in your system anyway.

I'd never run a cycle for 4 weeks, but I have run burst cycles (8 weeks) with short esters yeilding great results.
    So a long ester like Test E which is what I'm actually referring to, meant to add that in. So pretty much even if that were true about hitting peak at 8 weeks thats kinda where you would be at once it takes 4 weeks to kick in if running for 12 weeks.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    If your using a long ester like Test E, it takes 5 weeks to reach full blood concentration, so thats the time you will be running the amount what your injecting in the week. That doesn't mean you wont see any gains until then but its more of a gradual build up of the Test. Some guys see gains all the way through the cycle, some stop and drop off at certain times throughout the cycle, this is why you have to record the results and go with how your body responds in the future regarding cycling, there isn't a set amount of wks were you suddenly stop growing, its an individual thing and something what you going to have to find out.

Personally I prefer to run shorter cycle, Ive always responded quick even to long ester and running longer cycles doesn't reward me more gains vs risk.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Marcus and i actually are complete opposites and works good for answering this question for you... I do not respond quickly to any esters...for example.. this Past Monday was exactly 5 full weeks on test cyp at 500mg a week. I am basically just starting week 6 and i am actually just starting to feel the effects now. It takes me 5-7 weeks to feel the full effect and as I just said I have already done 5 weeks and not real at the full hit yet. So this will probably take a full 7 weeks this time to get the full blast. So you know, i know the gear is real it is actually Pharma grade right from my doctors script for TRT! I will run this cycle for 12-14 weeks whatever i feel is best. if I feel I am still making good gains at week 12, I will go another week or 2. if not i will stop. So if i were to go ony 8 weeks, i would just be getting th good hit and then be stopping! Tht would be no fun!

Okay yeah that makes sense because my boy is like marcus and he only runs stuff for like 8 weeks because it hits him quick. But thank you for this insight now i know

Thread Information