ah2006 is offline New Member

3 weeks out. need some insight

2 weeks, 5 days out from my first ever show. didn't use anything while bulking, and the only things I've run during the contest prep diet has been t3/clen (with benadryl). Planned on doing it all natty, but the show was bumped up one week earlier at around week 10, which kinda screwed me a bit (and a lot of others). So I turned to some of the 'goods'. haven't lost any strength since implementing the stuff.

Coming down nicely, from 232-201 right now. Everything is looking tight except the front of my body. Upper chest/traps look tight, but mid/lower chest and abdominal region aren't drying out as quickly. I've begun wrapping my waist while doing AM cardio, and might start using prepH while tanning to force some extra water out. Trainer/diet guy said its very possible that I have high estrogen levels causing water retention. I was suggested to run some nolvadex . As I went to research a bit, I came across letrozole (aware of rebounding effect with this).

Which would be best for someone who hasn't ran anything serious for his first ever show? Dosage? I have access to both.

Quote Originally Posted by ah2006 View Post
    2 weeks, 5 days out from my first ever show. didn't use anything while bulking, and the only things I've run during the contest prep diet has been t3/clen (with benadryl). Planned on doing it all natty, but the show was bumped up one week earlier at around week 10, which kinda screwed me a bit (and a lot of others). So I turned to some of the 'goods'. haven't lost any strength since implementing the stuff.

Coming down nicely, from 232-201 right now. Everything is looking tight except the front of my body. Upper chest/traps look tight, but mid/lower chest and abdominal region aren't drying out as quickly. I've begun wrapping my waist while doing AM cardio, and might start using prepH while tanning to force some extra water out. Trainer/diet guy said its very possible that I have high estrogen levels causing water retention. I was suggested to run some nolvadex . As I went to research a bit, I came across letrozole (aware of rebounding effect with this).

Which would be best for someone who hasn't ran anything serious for his first ever show? Dosage? I have access to both.
    shows don't just "bump up" a week 10 weeks out. that makes NO sense what so ever. Whats the name of the show and where is it at? I'd like to ask them WTF THEY WERE THINKING

But you wouldn't have high estrogen if your not taking anything. Wrapping your stomach is NOT going to make you loose extra weights from your gut, and who the hell told you to put on preperation h on your stomach to dry you out??????

at this point all i can say is CARDIO twice a day 45-1 hr per session. Thats all thats going to take that off at this point. If your not taking an eca stack you could take that too. Being two and half weeks out you should be showing some series abs.

Can we get a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    shows don't just "bump up" a week 10 weeks out. that makes NO sense what so ever. Whats the name of the show and where is it at? I'd like to ask them WTF THEY WERE THINKING

But you wouldn't have high estrogen if your not taking anything. Wrapping your stomach is NOT going to make you loose extra weights from your gut, and who the hell told you to put on preperation h on your stomach to dry you out??????

at this point all i can say is CARDIO twice a day 45-1 hr per session. Thats all thats going to take that off at this point. If your not taking an eca stack you could take that too. Being two and half weeks out you should be showing some series abs.

Can we get a pic?
    Gold' Gym Classic in Long Branch, NJ. It was originally slated for 10/24. Early August I was told that it was bumped up to 10/18. Supposedly there was a scheduling conflict with something else going on at that venue. Believe me man, I was caught off guard as well, and very pissed. Trying to look at the bright side, everyone lost 1 week, not just me, so it is what it is.

I ran some PH's a few years back, being young and stupid. I'm afraid it may have caused the high est. levels now.

Looking to shed out some extra water, not 'weight' from the gut. Have a few guys who compete who have used prepH to dry out their legs/stomach for shows; worked well for them.

Cardio is 60min AM, and another 25min postWO, 6x/week (leg day). Taking ECA stack as well. Don't have any pics now. Could provide 'em later, after work.

well whats your diet look like? you taking in any sugars at all? like cottage cheese or anything?

just trying to cover my basis here.

how are you trying to loose the water before the comp? dieretics or salt manipulation? go with salt if you can, the dieretics made me come in flat. And just so you know most men hold there water in there mid to lower abs. What you might have is just some extra skin there. If i cant see a pic, thats about all i got for you. the leaner you get NOW the better your skin can tighten up before the show.

When i did mine i still had some water on thursday but by friday i was ALL gone.

oh and are you carb cycling or a keto diet? From what i understand keto diets make you hold more water during contest prep

Quote Originally Posted by chitownhoker View Post
    well whats your diet look like? you taking in any sugars at all? like cottage cheese or anything?

just trying to cover my basis here.

how are you trying to loose the water before the comp? dieretics or salt manipulation? go with salt if you can, the dieretics made me come in flat. And just so you know most men hold there water in there mid to lower abs. What you might have is just some extra skin there. If i cant see a pic, thats about all i got for you. the leaner you get NOW the better your skin can tighten up before the show.

When i did mine i still had some water on thursday but by friday i was ALL gone.

oh and are you carb cycling or a keto diet? From what i understand keto diets make you hold more water during contest prep
    Appreciate the help man. I've heard we tend to hold water in that area. no sugars or anything at all man. I'm doing carb cycling. Foods consist of: chicken and fish for protein, sweet potatoes, oats, and baked potatoes for carbs on the carb days. Plus broccoli and extra virgin olive oil. all food are plain, no sauces/seasonings/etc. Again, thanks. its my first ever show, and I look great everywhere except in that area, so I'm just buggin. I guess i'll let the next 3 weeks play out whlie being consistent as usual and see what happens.

You could be bloating from the brocali. As wierd as it sounds some people have wierd allergies to certain foods, not ones you feel but very very small ones actually slighly effect cells and their ability to function normally. Brocalli was both a problem for my trainer and for me and others have had the same, i would cut that out and stick to lettuce, green onions, green pepers, ect

interesting. I'll definitely give that a shot and see what happens.

so you think I shouldn't worry about using the substances?

I mean if you really want to you could take some arimidex .25eod, but i would recomend it. Its not good to be putting that stuff in your body unless you need it. And you could take it for only a week and it works. I would try cutting the brocali, up the cardio and see what happens, then 8 days out start taking the arimidex.

Nolva won't do anything to your estrogen all it does it connect to tissue in your boobs so fat cant accumulate from escolated estro levels

Thread Information