sfour_tay is offline Member

Talking with doc about aas and other medical issues ???

Ok so I just moved and I'm going in for a check up.

I just started my cycle and I'm debating on if I should tell her I cycle.

Now I have had issues in the past with sleeping which I have cured with ambien.

I have had issues with back acne before I juiced but they abviously got
    worse when I cycled. I found accutane to help alot.

I have some issues with a high pulse due to Anxiety that has been acting up due to a new job. I find zanex calms me down and helps with the pulse issues.

I want to get scripts for all of these again. But I also know of I tell her I juice that she will say it's all due to the juice.

So I'm stuck. I want to be honest because I know you should never lie to a doc but atthe same time I don't hav time to search for docs untill I
    find one that will watch me and take my blood and
    such.

Just wondering what you guys think of the situation and what you would do.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Be up front bro, its good to have a working relation with your doc. If there is ever a medical emergency down the road, she can rule out certain possible problems or attribute them to AAS. Straight out tell her these problems were there before cycling. Its not like you're on all the time and its causing the problems.

On a side note, if you have anxiety and high pulse, maybe avoid cycling tren or using clen =)

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't do it in the US. Anything you tell her can end up as a note in your medical file. Health insurance companies have access to these files and will deny or rape you on coverage when they find out that you use AAS.

danielli is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    I wouldn't do it in the US. Anything you tell her can end up as a note in your medical file. Health insurance companies have access to these files and will deny or rape you on coverage when they find out that you use AAS.
    I've heard mixed things on this...is everythign in your patient file available to the MIB?

The purpose behind the MIB is to provide background information to its insurance company members so they can determine who they will accept for insurance, or who they will reject.

what if i just say off the record ??

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would play it safe. I can't see myself ever telling my doc about the aas.

im not really looking for her advice. i just want to be able to get blood work done and have all the right things checked and have to try and hide or explain why my test levels are 3682

im going to to a derma for all my skin needs so i wont really care about the acne stuff, but zanex and ambien i will need a script from her so i figured it just be best to be up front.

you dont lie to you doctor, your lawyer or your wife.....maybe.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    This can be true..

You can ask her hypothetically that if you would like to talk to her about something and you would like it to stay out of your records, can she honor that? If she says yes, ask away. If she says no, or starts asking a bunch of questions back, keep away from it. Some docs are cool, some are not.. just like anybody else.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Have you ever heard the term Pre-Existing Condition.

ArmyMan04 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    This can be true..

You can ask her hypothetically that if you would like to talk to her about something and you would like it to stay out of your records, can she honor that? If she says yes, ask away. If she says no, or starts asking a bunch of questions back, keep away from it. Some docs are cool, some are not.. just like anybody else.
    I found this to be true as well.. even with issues other than AAS

Hypotheticals are a great thing...

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    Have you ever heard the term Pre-Existing Condition.
    YES, with that being said, most docs arnt stupid. and all "pre existing" conditions that i have have also been know side effect of aas use.

im just going ot feel out the situation. go from there.

Thread Information