Hardgainerkid is offline New Member

Could use some help

So I'm 17, 6'2 and 145 pounds. I've been about done growing for a year now. (I'm not here for steroids ). I always read though that people my age dont need steroids because their test levels are so high, but if my levels are high why is it so hard for me to bulk up?

When I grew, I ended at 130 pounds, and through 2 years of weight lifting and dieting I've worked my way up to 145. Why haven't I naturally been able to put on more weight without working so hard. Most kids who are skinny at my height put on a ton of weight after they are done growing, yet this doesn't seem to be my case.

Taking steroids is not an option for me, but I came here because I need some help and some answers.

So I feel like I should naturally be heavier even as an endomorph (I think that's right).

I've studied weight lifting techniques and I'm on a progressive load workout, I have tempo, I have form down, I lift hard every time i go to the gym (which is every other day) yet I'm not getting the results I want.

Now the major issue I'm having is diet. I know I'm going to need about a 5000 calorie diet, and I have been on one, but as of lately I struggle. I have school everyday and I cant get in enough meals. Not only that but recently my bodies been having a rough time on a high calorie diet. I'm eating the right foods but my body is struggling to handle it all. I feel bloated a lot, and just plain out not hungry most of the time. ( my diet consists basically of about 50 grams protein each meal, 60 carbs, and vegitables and some fat)

I'm just hoping you guys can point me in the right direction and thanks in advance. This whole weight gain thing is a very tough struggle for me physically and emotionally, its really frustrating when I'm working way harder to down food and reps and others are trumping my weights, it gets depressing at times. On top of that not getting bigger will destroy any chances i have at sports scholarships in basketball. Plus I'm just frekin tired of it.

Thanks again.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You need to eat my friend, Read up in the diet forum145 is very light, I am your height but 230lbs. I know its hard to beleive but diet is the real key. Unfortunately you are too young to be posting on this site and you will be suspended shortly.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    can you post up your diet and workout i detail? i didnt begin to fill out until after high school myself.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    ^^^ yup what he said

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    You need to eat my friend, Read up in the diet forum145 is very light, I am your height but 230lbs. I know its hard to beleive but diet is the real key. Unfortunately you are too young to be posting on this site and you will be suspended shortly.
    oh thats right...

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    i was 135 when i started working out when i was 18. im 5'9.5 though. i just ate like a freaking monster. anything and everything. It helped me put on my initial size until i learned more about proper dieting. the key is quantity of food moreso than quality in your case

ha thanks guys, I guess it am to young to be on these forums sorry. Did any of you guys try to diet with highschool. I know what I need to eat, I'm following a diet plan from a body building site. I just can't get it in with school, and so after school i eat extra big meals but it makes me feel sick to my stomach any advice?

well usually dont recommend them but in your case weight gainer has its place...have you tried protein shakes?

Yes I drink a protein shake about 3-4 times a day about 45 grams. after workout with dextrose and water, before workout with milk . And on non workout days one before school, one after school and one before i go to bed

before and after school and even before bed should be meals. save the shakes for during school....

my diet varies from day to day

normally

45 grams protein shake
    1 cup milk
    1 cup fruit for breakfast
    olive oil

lunch a ham sandwhich
    applsauce
    whole wheat bread
    sometimes a peanut butter sandwhich
    some sort of fruit and vegatable

after school
    i normally cook about 8 ozs of chicken
    vegtables
    oatmeal

before workout
    40 grams protein shake in milk

after
    60 grams protein shake
    dextrose (not sure on grams)

dinner
    some type of meat
    vegatables
    whatever I can snack on

before bed
    everything I can find
    normally a protein shake too

workout
    3 sets 10 reps temp up 2 down 3

bench, curls, squat, lunges, abs, incline press, incline curls

workout 2

overhead press, standing press, skull crushers, lateral raises, pulldowns

thats a great tip, if I make a shake normally it makes the water bottle all nasty and smell really bad. If i use water instead of milk will I avoid this problem?

Thanks guys, although I'm not aloud on here, I got a great tip , and I think packing like 3 protein shakes in my backpack then eating meals the other time should really help me. I'll post a before and after picture in 3 months of me after doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardgainerkid View Post
    my diet varies from day to day

normally

45 grams protein shake
    1 cup milk
    1 cup fruit for breakfast
    olive oil
    try some oatmeal and eggs with a banana

lunch a ham sandwhich
    applsauce
    whole wheat bread
    sometimes a peanut butter sandwhich
    some sort of fruit and vegatable
    cut out the ham and opt for some tuna or turkey, and not the lunch meat kind. make it two sandwiches while your at it.

after school
    i normally cook about 8 ozs of chicken
    vegtables
    oatmeal

this is fine but why not make 2 servings and eat another one preworkout?

before workout
    40 grams protein shake in milk

after
    60 grams protein shake
    dextrose (not sure on grams)

figure out how much

dinner
    some type of meat
    vegatables
    whatever I can snack on
    throw in some carbs like brown rice

before bed
    everything I can find
    normally a protein shake too
    Again make 2 dinners

workout
    3 sets 10 reps temp up 2 down 3

bench, curls, squat, lunges, abs, incline press, incline curls

workout 2

overhead press, standing press, skull crushers, lateral raises, pulldowns
    ya not trying to be rude but i only see one solid meal in there.
    im on my way out the door but ill throw out a few suggestions in bold

use shakes for emergencies and yor post workout is fine but you have alot of room for improvement

Someguy123 is offline Member
    one thing nobody addressed for you yet. is that you ARENT done growing. youre only 17. you might be done height wise, but your body wont finish filling out for another 4-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    can you post up your diet and workout i detail? i didnt begin to fill out until after high school myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someguy123 View Post
    one thing nobody addressed for you yet. is that you ARENT done growing. youre only 17. you might be done height wise, but your body wont finish filling out for another 4-10 years.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    dont worry man,, your metabolism will start to change in teh coming years (more than likely)

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Mate I was 120 at ur age u will get beter ifu eat full meals ..
    If u wanna go down this path u have to get up earlier and cook a lot get some Tupperware and take three meals to school ...and don't eat too much on one sitting...
    Do u find that u pee a lot from taking that much whey?

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Thanks guys for giving him some really great advice and you can continue to do so... he however will be suspended as you all know... but he can still read... and take heed to advice that will help him...

And he will be back in about 2 months or so when he is 18... so until then enjoy and read all you can...

*admin*

Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Thread Information