GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member

HTPA Recovery: DECA Vs. NPP

Is HTPA recovery noticeably faster and/or easier following the use of the shorter estered NPP over the longer estered DECA ???
    (Obviously having used Testosterone as the base of the cycle! :-)

I've heard conflicting opinions on this....Many claiming you should recover faster due to the much shorter half-life of NPP over DECA, and then I've heard others (the minority) saying it makes no significant difference, and that recovery will be equally hard from either, being something to do with the progestrogenic effects of the compound!?!?

It would be great if anyone with a better understanding could contribute to this thread...!?

Cheers guys!
    Last edited by GrandmasterSpank; 10-07-2009 at 03:16 AM.

BennyLom is offline Associate Member
    I *imagine* (not stating any kind of facts) the only difference is that you can start PCT sooner if using Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (NPP) than if using the longer ester Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca ).

Critical Mass is offline Senior Member
    I do think npp is weaker than deca . I did npp on my last cycle with sust and recovery took a little longer for sure. Never tried deca. Npp is great though.

Quote Originally Posted by omna82 View Post
    I do think npp is weaker than deca. I did npp on my last cycle with sust and recovery took a little longer for sure. Never tried deca. Npp is great though.
    From my understanding, NPP and Deca are both the same steroid , i.e. 'Nandrolone '. The only difference is the length of the esters attached to the Nandrolone in each, which affects the release rate of the drug in the body...Some claim notably more water retention when using the longer estered Deca, and thus, more temporary on-cycle weight gain, which could easily give the false impression that it's stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLom View Post
    I *imagine* (not stating any kind of facts) the only difference is that you can start PCT sooner if using Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (NPP) than if using the longer ester Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca).
    Well put mate, these are my thoughts exactly...Just hoping someone out there can confirm it!?!?

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    They are the same compound.. just different esters.

Deca tends to linger in your system for quite a while after secession, while NPP clears your system almost immediately.

Both will cause equal "shutdown or suppression of HPTA" because they're 19-nors... which shut you down hard... IMO npp is the better choice though.

You should read my thread on it.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    yes, you will be able to start recovery much quicker with NPP

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian-Man View Post
    They are the same compound.. just different esters.

Deca tends to linger in your system for quite a while after secession, while NPP clears your system almost immediately.

Both will cause equal "shutdown or suppression of HPTA" because they're 19-nors... which shut you down hard... IMO npp is the better choice though.

You should read my thread on it.
    Yes, in fact, it was your very thread that inspired me to consider adding NPP to my current cycle!! :-)

So, to confirm my understanding then,- the differences in recovery between Deca & NPP are minimal. Both are 'Nandrolone ' based and both shut you down just as hard as each other. However, NPP may still be the preferred choice as it clears the system quicker due to it's shorter esters, thus allowing one to begin PCT sooner....But apart from this, there are no other advantages in terms of recover between the two!?

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    When the ester is gone and the compounds are in your system they are both exactly the same,the compounds will show up in your system for the same amount of time,the NPP wont leave your system any faster than the decca because they are the exact same compound after the ester is gone. You can figure 3 to 4 days for the NPP and 12 to 14 days for the decca after the injection to start your PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by MR10X View Post
    When the ester is gone and the compounds are in your system they are both exactly the same,the compounds will show up in your system for the same amount of time,the NPP wont leave your system any faster than the decca because they are the exact same compound after the ester is gone. You can figure 3 to 4 days for the NPP and 12 to 14 days for the decca after the injection to start your PCT.
    ....And so all other factors remaining constant (e.g. doses, length of cycle etc.etc), PCT will be equally hard after using either NPP or Deca ?..Correct?

Oh, and cheers to you and everybody else who've contributed to the thread btw! :-)

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLom View Post
    I *imagine* (not stating any kind of facts) the only difference is that you can start PCT sooner if using Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (NPP) than if using the longer ester Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca).
    Thats pretty much it. NPP is just a faster acting DECA .

MR_T is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post
    ....And so all other factors remaining constant (e.g. doses, length of cycle etc.etc), PCT will be equally hard after using either NPP or Deca ?..Correct?

Oh, and cheers to you and everybody else who've contributed to the thread btw! :-)
    your right, all else being equal the shut down is the same. The difference is everything is not equal. ex. you should run Deca for at least 12 weeks, 15 being ideal because you have so much down time before you hit peak hormone levels, and then you have another 3 weeks to wait before you can start pct, so in reality you are going to have 18 weeks of shutdown before you start recovery. NPP on the other hand gets in and out of you system much quicker, therefore you can do a 12 week cycle and only have to wait the first week before you hit peak hormone levels, and you can also start pct much sooner meaning shorter duration of shut down. Less time down= easier to recover. This is why I am a big fan of short esters, also HGC is a good ideal when dealing with any form of deca

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post
    From my understanding, NPP and Deca are both the same steroid, i.e. 'Nandrolone'. The only difference is the length of the esters attached to the Nandrolone in each, which affects the release rate of the drug in the body...Some claim notably more water retention when using the longer estered Deca, and thus, more temporary on-cycle weight gain, which could easily give the false impression that it's stronger.
    We have a winner.

The parent hormone, Nandrolone is still the same.

How much shorter is NPP anyway...Not much. Infact, NPP isnt that short at all. The ester has a very similar structure to Enanthate (8 carbons), whilst Phenylpropionate is 9 carbons. Its shorter than Deconate, yes. But stating NPP is "less harsh on the HPTA" and "eaiser to recover from" is utter rubbish.
    Last edited by Swifto; 10-13-2009 at 07:43 AM.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    It's not a str8 chain though swifo, the half life of phenyl prop is much closer to the half life of prop then it is to enth. If think in number of half lifes, you can fit 3 half lifes in the span of 1 dec half life. So it will be out of your system much quicker and more completely durring a pct cycle.

For example if you start a 4 week pct 4 days after last npp shot. Assuming a 4.5 day half life.

4 weeks x 7 = 28 days
    plus initial 4 days = 32 days
    thats 7.1 half lifes by the end of your pct that the npp has degraded
    5 half lifes and you can assume something is totally out of your system

where assuming a 15 day half life for dec
    pct starting 3 weeks after last inject
    plus 4 week pct
    7 weeks x 7= 49 days
    equals 3.26 half lifes

maybe it doesn't mater as much as on paper, but with 19-nor's being so suppressive it might have some implications, idk. I've never done deca or long estered 19-nor's so I have no clue what recover is like. The only 19 nor I've done is tren , and I stick to ace. This is part of the reason, and I always run the test 2 weeks longer to let it flow out. I've always recovered very well without ever resorting to HCG .

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    It's not a str8 chain though swifo, the half life of phenyl prop is much closer to the half life of prop then it is to enth. If think in number of half lifes, you can fit 3 half lifes in the span of 1 dec half life. So it will be out of your system much quicker and more completely durring a pct cycle.

For example if you start a 4 week pct 4 days after last npp shot. Assuming a 4.5 day half life.

4 weeks x 7 = 28 days
    plus initial 4 days = 32 days
    thats 7.1 half lifes by the end of your pct that the npp has degraded
    5 half lifes and you can assume something is totally out of your system

where assuming a 15 day half life for dec
    pct starting 3 weeks after last inject
    plus 4 week pct
    7 weeks x 7= 49 days
    equals 3.26 half lifes

maybe it doesn't mater as much as on paper, but with 19-nor's being so suppressive it might have some implications, idk. I've never done deca or long estered 19-nor's so I have no clue what recover is like. The only 19 nor I've done is tren, and I stick to ace. This is part of the reason, and I always run the test 2 weeks longer to let it flow out. I've always recovered very well without ever resorting to HCG.
    I've never done NPP or Deca , so I cannot comment from personal experience either.

I see your point as PP half-life is 4.5 days. But I dont think one should still be confused by the inhibitive affect of Nandrolone .

Thread Information