gangustahn is offline New Member

natural limit weight?

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in..
    Anyhow, Before i get flamed.. I am light years from starting a cycle and not planning on one until i know all the facts risk and benefits....

I read a good portion of the stickies and had a question and couldn't find an answer...

Now i was wondering what would be the normal natural limit weight for someone who is 5'7" and 10-14% bodyfat? Also if someone would make a guide for different heights that would be pretty cool too.

I think it would take away some of the retarded I am 130lbs and want to start a cycle threads.

I know it differs depending on different people and genetics. But what could/would be attainable?

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You should reach 200lbs. How's that for an answer?

Thanks! If that is an honest opinion than i greatly appreciate that answer!

I dont know where I heard/read this but I thought professional bodybuilders have the genetics to reach 200+ lbs naturally. If that is the case I would assume it would be hard for the avg person
    Last edited by gangustahn; 10-08-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    it would depend on genetics and other factors. what are your stats?

My stats are
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 175
    BF%: 18
    Cycle Exp: None
    PCT Knowledge: I know how important they are!
    Training Exp: 5 years.. 3 years consistently 1 year fell off and going on 1 year of "Really" training
    Diet: My diet is actually posted in the diet forum. I was doing very well losing 1 lb a week with a somewhat clean diet. Since joining this forum I decided I was going to take this really seriously and try to lose and make gains as quickly and efficiently as possible.

The reason why i am asking this is because from my bodyfat% right now I would probably weigh in at around 150-155 lbs after i cut down all the bodyfat. At that weight personally i think I would be too small and have alot more growing that I can do.
    Plus I wanted to see how hard it will be to have a clean bulk and find out more about my body.

Well someone who's 6 foot tall and weighs 200 pounds is the equivalent of someone who's 5'7" and weighs 161 pounds.

There's Maths equations you can use to do this, I've posted them on this forum before. Basically it works as follows:

As you increase the line measurements of a 3-Dimensional object by a certain factor, the surface area increases by that factor squared, and the mass and volume increase by that factor cubed.

I have an excel spreadsheet for working this out automatically but sadly I can't attach it to a post on this forum because the forum doesn't accept spreadsheet files.

Here's some equivalent heights and weights, using 6'0" and 200 pounds as a guide

7'0" 318 pounds
    6'11" 306 pounds
    6'10" 295 pounds
    6'9" 285 pounds
    6'8" 274 pounds
    6'7" 264 pounds
    6'6" 254 pounds
    6'5" 245 pounds
    6'4" 235 pounds
    6'3" 226 pounds
    6'2" 217 pounds
    6'1" 208 pounds
    6'0" 200 pounds
    5'11" 192 pounds
    5'10" 184 pounds
    5'9" 176 pounds
    5'8" 168 pounds
    5'7" 161 pounds
    5'6" 154 pounds
    5'5" 147 pounds
    5'4" 140 pounds
    5'3" 134 pounds
    5'2" 128 pounds
    5'1" 122 pounds
    5'0" 116 pounds
    4'11" 110 pounds

I dont know where I heard/read this but I thought professional bodybuilders have the genetics to reach 200+ lbs naturally. If that is the case I would assume it would be hard for the avg person
    I'm not "heavily built" by any stretch of the imagination, but I've got decent enough muscle for people to know that I work out when they see me. Anyway I'm 5'3" and I weigh 140 pounds, which means I'd be 190 pounds if I was 5'10" tall. I would only have to gain another 6 pounds in order to go past the 200 pound mark for a 5'10" person, and 6 pounds isn't much at all. I'm pretty sure anyone who's 5'10" or thereabouts can reach 200+ pounds naturally, although it will take a few years.

Throwing out weights such as 200 pounds doesn't mean much unless you specify a height, because the person's height makes a major difference. A difference of 2 inches in height can result in a difference of 20 pounds in mass!
    Last edited by KimboHalfSlice; 10-09-2009 at 01:26 AM.

@almond

Thanks man! That is pretty cool. I really appreciate you posting the information.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

keith royd is offline New Member
    very interesting i was discussing this a few days ago with my juiced training buddy i feel that i have pretty much reached my limit being un-juiced for the past 4 years.. stats - age 51 , 5ft 8" , 216 lbs , 14% bf..i suppose i could cut down a bit more bf but i am gettin ready to roid-up again i would like to achieve 224lb @ 10% would suit me fine.

If I change the guide to 5'8" and 216 pounds, here's the different weights I get:

6' 5" 313.6 pounds
    6' 4" 301.6 pounds
    6' 3" 289.8 pounds
    6' 2" 278.4 pounds
    6' 1" 267.2 pounds
    6' 0" 256.4 pounds
    5' 11" 245.9 pounds
    5' 10" 235.6 pounds
    5' 9" 225.7 pounds
    5' 8" 216.0 pounds
    5' 7" 206.6 pounds
    5' 6" 197.5 pounds
    5' 5" 188.7 pounds
    5' 4" 180.1 pounds
    5' 3" 171.8 pounds
    5' 2" 163.7 pounds

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    god this is my biggest pet peave on the board,, you cant tell someone their natural weight potential by height
    i seriouslt cant stand someone saying "oh you can get to this weight naturally first"
    whats natural? eating 5000 calories a day for a year? arrrrgggg,,
    ok im done with rant

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    5'8
    221lbs
    12-14%bf

I feel fat.

BJJ
    6'1ft
    207lbs
    14%bf

I could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    6'1ft
    207lbs
    14%bf

I could be better.
    U look more like 12% to me.

BJJ
    In that pic I was 12,5 yes.
    You have good "eyes".

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    In that pic I was 12,5 yes.
    You have good "eyes".
    HaHa!.. thanks, yeah u seem very slim in that pic. U have a good physique

BJJ
    Thank you.

Hey, we should stop making compliments one another; DSM may show up...

^^^ He gets quite jealous..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    god this is my biggest pet peave on the board,, you cant tell someone their natural weight potential by height
    i seriouslt cant stand someone saying "oh you can get to this weight naturally first"
    whats natural? eating 5000 calories a day for a year? arrrrgggg,,
    ok im done with rant

Sorry I pissed you off, But basically every stickies tells you to work out till your genetic limit. To a person that may not have as much bodybuilding experience as you on individual gentic limits may want to assume whats an attainable goal. That way one doesnt fail trying to achieve it. From that goal one would reach out and decide what he wil do to the next goal.

If i were to tell you that I was going to train become Mr. Olympia or go to the NFL or something, I believe many of you would say i probably dont have the genetics for it. Here I am simply asking basically what would a person at my height personally should be happy to achieve without the use of anabolics. Basically weight at a certain bodyfat percentage that I would know that i worked hard to achieve. Basically a goal for myself.

A simple try to get to 180 lbs @ 10% and if you get there and its not too hard to gain more keep going. Would be a sufficient answer.

Obviously if one is progressing well without steroids they may/may not choose to ever enter the darkside. Especially if they meet their goals in appearance and physique.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gangustahn View Post
    Sorry I pissed you off, But basically every stickies tells you to work out till your genetic limit. To a person that may not have as much bodybuilding experience as you on individual gentic limits may want to assume whats an attainable goal. That way one doesnt fail trying to achieve it. From that goal one would reach out and decide what he wil do to the next goal.

If i were to tell you that I was going to train become Mr. Olympia or go to the NFL or something, I believe many of you would say i probably dont have the genetics for it. Here I am simply asking basically what would a person at my height personally should be happy to achieve without the use of anabolics. Basically weight at a certain bodyfat percentage that I would know that i worked hard to achieve. Basically a goal for myself.

A simple try to get to 180 lbs @ 10% and if you get there and its not too hard to gain more keep going. Would be a sufficient answer.

Obviously if one is progressing well without steroids they may/may not choose to ever enter the darkside. Especially if they meet their goals in appearance and physique.
    lol,, i wasnt directing it towards you man
    im just sayin theres no way to tell what someone will or can weigh at a given height
    I find big people tend to say that you can get to a heavy weight naturally but only because they were able to do it, but is that genetics or dedication?
    I only apply this to people who are a little older, have been training awhile and eat proper,, if your young and new then yea you will grow bigger naturally.

lol.
    I got ya. sorry for the misdunderstanding. Thanks i appreciate it!

Thread Information