DR T is offline New Member

Exclamation First cycle... just sharing, looking for any advise

Hey everyone, I've been following this forum for several weeks now, some really great minds on here, and some time you have guys put together to build such a wealth of different information!

I have a pretty good background in human physiology, I'm in the health care profession, only took one endo class in school, and have been having to remember things that were long forgotten (been out of school over 7 yrs now)...

Anyway, been into bodybuilding seriously for the past 3 years, my diet is spot on for my metabolism; I stay pretty lean and can eats lots of calories and SLOWLY gain muscle, but I haven't gained much fat even though I've upped my weight over 50lbs in the past 3 yrs.

Never done any real cycle (a few cycles of prohormones, had pretty good gains in size and strength, followed with HCG , phosphitidylserine, ZMA, over the counter estro-blockers- kept most of my gains)

Anyway, my stats are as follows:

6'1"
    218 lbs
    6% BF
    3 consistant years training
    goals: get up to a lean 240 or so
    cycle experience: only a few cycles of prohormones... just started first cycle of t. enth.

So, just began first cycle, sticking with the advise of the senior members here: keeping it simple first go around:
    t. enth: 500mg/ week... mon/thurs: 10-12 weeks

PCT: hcg (not convinced yet how to do it this time, in past, did 2500iu day after last prohormone dose, then 2 days later 1250iu, then 2 days later 625IU, then 2 days 625IU... always rebounded great... but high dose upfront may not be a great idea after reading of some people's warning of desensitizing Leid. cells!

Nova: not convinced on dosage yet, either, duration, etc... still researching, (these are the comments, advice I'm looking for...)

Some sort of AI... totally neccessary? also still researchng, can order it and have it here in plenty of time if that's the route I have to go.

Phosphitidylserine: 600-800mg/day for 4 weeks.

Duration of PCT? comments?

What type of gains should I expect from a test only cycle?
    Comments/advise greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Use a standard pct of nolva 40/20/20/20 clomid 100/50/50/50,
    You have a decent base and you should see some great gains, everyone is different to what gains can be expected, there isnt a set amount of muscle what can be gained, just remember to increase the calories to suit the new body weight and as you go through the cycle, best of luck.

bifda is offline Associate Member
    dont use an AI if you dont need it imo, just have it on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Use a standard pct of nolva 40/20/20/20 clomid 100/50/50/50,
    Is the clomid absolutely necessary? from what I've gathered, clomid has some possible nasty sides, as nolva seems less harsh, I realize nolva and clomid are both a SERMs...

from: PCT and Cycle Recomendations: Estrogen, Progesterone and Cortisol control
    "Clomid (Clomiphene Citrate) : This drug is also a SERM, almost identicle to Nolva. It is said to be a weaker blocker mg for mg than Nolva. Its common use is in PCT, usually for about a month, used after HCG and all AAS esters have run out of your body. Even though it is weaker than Nolva at blocking, it is believed to be quicker at bringing HPTA back to balance. Both are commonly used during PCT. It binds to different receptors than Nolva. There is a lot of debate on this, but until there is solid proof, it may be prudent to include this in your PCT. Commonly taken at about 100mg a day."

Also, I have some oral winst. and some eq. on hand, should i save these for another cycle or incorporate in this FIRST cycle?

Thx!

nonotone is offline Associate Member
    ----
    Last edited by nonotone; 05-20-2014 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by konateh View Post
    You did a good job to get to where you are at 29.. Seems you have understood how to gain muscle without gaining a lot of fat along with it. My advice to you would be to incorporate this into you cycle AND to not go into it with too high expectations - be patient.

Why are you taking phosphatidylserine by the way?
    thx!, yah, I eat pretty clean 90% of the time, lift 3 days on, 1 off, train legs pretty intense every 5 days...
    taking the phosphatidylserine just during PCT, cortisol blocker...

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DR T View Post
    Is the clomid absolutely necessary? from what I've gathered, clomid has some possible nasty sides, as nolva seems less harsh, I realize nolva and clomid are both a SERMs...

from: PCT and Cycle Recomendations: Estrogen, Progesterone and Cortisol control
    "Clomid (Clomiphene Citrate) : This drug is also a SERM, almost identicle to Nolva. It is said to be a weaker blocker mg for mg than Nolva. Its common use is in PCT, usually for about a month, used after HCG and all AAS esters have run out of your body. Even though it is weaker than Nolva at blocking, it is believed to be quicker at bringing HPTA back to balance. Both are commonly used during PCT. It binds to different receptors than Nolva. There is a lot of debate on this, but until there is solid proof, it may be prudent to include this in your PCT. Commonly taken at about 100mg a day."

Also, I have some oral winst. and some eq. on hand, should i save these for another cycle or incorporate in this FIRST cycle?

Thx!

Yes, the clomid is needed.

Don't incorporate winny or EQ.

Remember the first go around?

Best

T

stpete is offline Banned
    Nice, a newb that did some research on his own and didn't come in here with a know it all attitude.
    Hold on to that winny and eq for right now.
    I suggest you go for 12 weeks and start your pct 14 days later.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Nice, a newb that did some research on his own and didn't come in here with a know it all attitude.
    Hold on to that winny and eq for right now.
    I suggest you go for 12 weeks and start your pct 14 days later.
    Good luck.
    man, it amazes me how many kids (18-21 yrs old) are gung-ho on doing some kind of cycle, and don't want to listen to any of your guys' warnings about potentially permanant developmental damage! Wow! I had a talk with a guy I see at the gym all the time, to my suprise, he was telling me that at the ripe ol age of 19, he had done 4 or 5 cycles of prohormones (with no real pct, of course)...
    And these guys on here posting pics of themselves, saying they have trained hard for a year and can't get anywhere!!!, really??!!! I'm glad you all encourage the diet/ exercise route for sometime before incorporating any "help"... I'm impressed with the veterans on this site, lots of good info, good to hear guys sharing their ACTUAL experience, keep it coming, good stuff!

Not to beat a dead horse, but can u guys explain WHY clomid is necessary post cycle if taking nova?... Both are serms, nova is said to be more effective at smaller doses, and clomid appears to have more side effects... Not doubting the need- but pls help convince me
    thx!!!

anyone on the nolva/ clomid question?

Thread Information