smfo00 is offline Junior Member

Testosterone Enanthate is a pain in my ass..... literally.

Just wondering how normal this is:

Injected 250mg - twice a week, Monday, Thursday - of Test Enanthate into my right glute on Monday, as of now I can hardly walk and bending over is nearly impossible for me to do with any kind of comfort. It hurts like a MOFO. I've gotta inject another 250mg tomorrow and am wondering if I should just expect to be as sore as I am now...... There seems to be some swelling around the injection site - no bruising - and when I touch the area I can feel a harder lump about 3 inch by 3 inch..... What do you think is up?

Ps..... I will NOT shoot Quads, Pecs, Delts, Lats.... I want to stick to the Glutes so please don't suggest rotating to any of those sites. Thanks.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Why are you not going to shoot any other areas? I hope you are not going to say because of the pain.... because that would contradict the point of this post.... seeing as how you are injecting into an already painful site.

Chev is offline Associate Member
    How long are your pins?

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Prb allergic to the oils or BA percent,, if you shoot another place it will do the exact same and if it doesnt it prb meant you just fkd up on that one shot. I once had some Test E i could not shoot because somethig was in it that made my the one side of my asss look like i was carryin a midget. You may have to find another brand.

I don't want to inject into smaller muscle groups due to - yes, brace for it - the PAIN. Which doesn't at all contradict the point of this post... The point of this post is me trying to figure out what, if anything, the problem is and how to avoid it for next time... If I shoot again and this shit is just as painful then I will pull off of the juice because I don't want to be bed bound for another 3 days.... Simple.

The needles are about 3 inch long and they are a 25 Gauge...... This is actually my second attempt at running a Test cycle... The first time I used Prop but the pain was much worse than it is now. I literally had to take 7 days off of work and the gym due to the incredible amounts of pain I had due to the Prop... Again, it was a Glute injection but I couldn't bend my leg at the Knee joint and I could hardly put pressure on my leg when I was walking.... It almost felt as though the injection traveled down my right leg - I know it didn't actually but it is the way it felt...

The recommended needle size is 1.5 inches. Try a smaller needle bro

Ps.......... The Prop and the Enanthate are of different brands. I gave the Prop to a buddy and he is using it with mild discomfort; my and another friend bought the Enanthe together and so far he has had no problems with pain at all.

Three inch is too deep eh ? What are the chances that I hit a nerve ?

It seems like when people hit a nerve they get some sort of spasm. Maybe you just disturbed deep muscle tissue by going close to the damn bone. I really don't know for sure. I just read that people use 1.5" for glutes, and 1" for delts, chest, calves etc. You can even use a 1" for glutes, given that your bodyfat is low

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    so u are using a 3 inch pin and cant figure out why u have so much pain...

dammit man, get urself some 1.5" pins, there is no reason to use anything longer then that on the glutes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smfo00 View Post
    id say thats prbably it if your going all the way in....im just finishing up a cycle of test e and i found the first few shots into vergin muscle were painfull post injection.....i also found that as the weeks went on that the pain was less and less each time...anytime i hit a nerve wich was like 3 or 4 times then the pain lasted up to like 7 days and was much worse then most injects....so im thinking with a 3 inch needle that you may have hit a nerve.... i always use 1.5 inch for glute shots.....also if the pain was bad then id take advil and that would take the edge off so i could at least go to work....good luck bro....

Don't massage your ass either. Just try your delt with a 1". Have a buddy do it for you. You might be glad you did. And don't try to only stick a 3" needle in halfway either. Just grab $5 and head to the closest CVS

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    3 inch pin....
    im the only one who thinks it is funny as hell...

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    3" is too long unless you have a J Lo ass. I don't think the test is the issue, use 1.5"

Well piss....... Sounds like I ****ed up!!

I'll go up to the Drug Mart and grab some 1.5 inch pins and give that a try, I'll keep you guys posted on what happends.

didnt even know they made 3" pins unless they jump starting your heart like pulpfiction
    there is a good chance your just allergic to one of the compounds

Yeah, alright so the actual size of the needle is 1.5 inch...... not three inch at all. Just looked at my ass in the mirror and there is much swelling around the injection site... My right ass cheeck now looks like a J-Lo ass cheek.

Yeah, alright so the actual size of the needle is 1.5 inch...... not three inch at all. Just looked at my ass in the mirror and there is much swelling around the injection site... My right ass cheeck now looks like a J-Lo ass cheek.
    switch a shot with your buddy's bottle and see if same thing happens and give him one of yours,,, if it does your just allergic to it

switch glutes bro. Don't keep stabbing the same one twice a week

its hot to the touch as well

I was planning on shooting the left glute tomorrow anyways....... But we`ll see about that. If Im allergic to the compounds where does that leave me ? Should I just stay away from the Test or is this something that goes away ?

I was planning on shooting the left glute tomorrow anyways....... But we`ll see about that. If Im allergic to the compounds where does that leave me ? Should I just stay away from the Test or is this something that goes away ?
    just try what i said,, switch with your friend. If his asss blows up and your fine then its crappy gear,, other way around it would mean your allergic.
    If both of you are fine it means you just screwed up somehow on first shot.

Blog Entries
    if this is your first cycle than swelling is to be expected......i was worried the first time i looked at my ass in the mirror 2 days after first inject and saw my swollen glute.....as long as its not red and hot to the touch you will be ok......if it is red and hot and you start to feel feverish then you need to go to the doctor......it could be infected..... if its just swollen and hurts then thats just part of the game.....

If you re allergic then I would think to stop it, and go with a different lab next time,,,, if you are allergic to your friends as well

Chev is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    didnt even know they made 3" pins unless they jump starting your heart like pulpfiction
    there is a good chance your just allergic to one of the compounds

"so stab three times?"

wut ?

workoutfreak078 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    if it is red and hot and you start to feel feverish then you need to go to the doctor......it could be infected..... if its just swollen and hurts then thats just part of the game.....

Just because it is red and hot to the touch, does not mean it is an abscess. My first time injecting, I used a 1" needle for the glutes, and I got something that looked, felt, and had every sign of an abscess, but it wasn't one. It was red and hot to the touch as well. It went away within a couple of weeks. I switched to a 1.5" needle and everything worked out fine.

I do actually have a fever and the site IS hot to the touch...... Not sure if I'm just getting sick though or if this is related

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by workoutfreak078 View Post
    Just because it is red and hot to the touch, does not mean it is an abscess. My first time injecting, I used a 1" needle for the glutes, and I got something that looked, felt, and had every sign of an abscess, but it wasn't one. It was red and hot to the touch as well. It went away within a couple of weeks. I switched to a 1.5" needle and everything worked out fine.
    right on man thats why i added the fever part im well aware but thanks...

I have no injection experience, however I have firefighting/paramedic experience...

swelling, soreness, hot to the touch, and most of all fever! after just injecting a foreign substance into you (which, let's face it, might not be clean)... I'd be more worried about an infection

it's been two days, if it hasn't improved go to the doctor before your shot tomorrow(doctor-patient confidentiality applies to steroid use )

You're canadian (high five!) and live in a major city, go to a hospital or walk in clinic where the doctor's don't know you and wait in emerge to see the next available one

or keep piling crap in to your body and risk making it worse, what's the worst that can come from an unchecked infection anyways? paralysis? death? pff no biggy
    Last edited by thenextcutler; 10-28-2009 at 02:03 PM.

ps the doc can give you specific antibiotics that won't interfere with your cycle, MAKE SURE YOU TELL HIM WHAT YOUR USING, including pct, and he will make sure they can coexist in you

Blog Entries
    I do actually have a fever and the site IS hot to the touch...... Not sure if I'm just getting sick though or if this is related
    did you have the fever pre injection or post.....if its post then id consider getting looked at by a dr.......

Alright, I shot on Monday at around 8pm, there was absolutely no pain once the shot was administered and I didn't feel much pain the next day (Tuesday) until late afternoon. Also, there was not much, if any, swelling yesterday. Today is bar far the most uncomfortable day thus far - however, not nearly as painful as my Prop injection 3 weeks ago...

I have been coming down with a cold for the past few days and initially I thought that this fever might have something to do with that: maybe I was getting sick already. However, I am second guessing myself at this point. Could be all this talk about death and such..

Id wait another day and see
    i always wait it out and it goes away but i dont have free medical coverage

Blog Entries
    for me the pain and swelling was at its worst on day 3 and the would subside.....just keep an eye on it and i you start feeling worse then consider the E.R. or something.....it could all be a coincidence.........

Thread Information