Bluetreetopflyer is offline New Member

I need help, my world is falling apart.

I have a question about testosterone CYP, But before I start I need to give you my background. I was in Vietnam 68-69 severly wounded and medically discharged I was wounded in the rt leg, hip and had a nemothorax to the right lung. I recovered from that but it took over a year for me to sit up and walk again.This all happened probably before you were born. I am not a body builder, actually because not only of my disability, but at the age of 56 three years ago I had two heart attacks, inwhich they had to put stents in me. I have an area they cannot fix, I have damaged lungs from when I was wounded, I have liver disease,from abusing Jack Daniels for too many years to report, and now I am experiencing a total malfunction of life. Pretty much my life has been great for me I have suffered ptsd since my nam days and with the exception of having occasional flashbacks they well medicate me for just about everything.I have amazingly wonderful family, a wife & three of the best children god allowed me to see grow up. But now my disabilities and failing health has caused me a lot of grief. Okay done with the background. I hope you could stand my belly aching Here is where I am at. I am obese, cannot excercise, without my atrial fib kicking in causing me to pass out. I now have a problem with gynomastia. I am fat, but I don't like the boob thing at all. My doctor at the VA, has told me that my Testosterone level is very very low. He has giving me a prescription, for giving myself injections of Testosterone CYP, But from what I have read the side effects can be gynomastia. With all of my health issue's I am not sure that I should be taking this Steroid . I am not sure whether the VA is just wanting to get rid of me early or what taking this Testosterone CYP will do for me. I am not asking for any pity, just some straight forward advice. I never thought in a hundred years I would be here asking for help from healthy people like yourselfs as to what I should expect or what might be negitive in taking these steroids . I am 59 now, and I think the how my dad god rest his soul, lived to be 80, and me I am trying to make 65 if possible. I just don't want all of my other illness, compounded by steroids that I am not going to be taking to body build with. Thanks for listening. Hope someone out there will give me some advice.

stpete is offline Banned
    Take the juice. 100% take the juice. If you start getting signs of gyno, there's help.You can learn a lot in the PCT forums,but i say go for it. Hell, you've been through enough. But do us and yourself a favor and no more Jack, ok? Get right man.

Thanks "stpete" for the advice, Jack and me are no longer buddy I stopped drinking 2years ago, when they told me I had moderate cirrosis. I really miss it, it kept me glued together, but I did it for my family.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Bluetreetopflyer; 10-26-2009 at 11:43 PM.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    As said above there are ways to prevent gyno. Just do some research in the post cycle section. Don't be ashamed of your situation or taking steroids . You deserve to live a healthy life just as much as the next guy. Congrats on being sober btw . Growing up with a stepfather with a drinking problem that killed him, I can tell you your family is extremely greatfulyou put that stuff down.

what dose are they giving you? I can't believe they are going to give you a very high dose, i would not worry about gyno. And plus like you said, your fat, thats why you have gyno. Get over to the diet forum and get your life back and everyday when you wake up and look in the mirror ask youself "is this fat think working for me? am i happy? can i be happier"

If you clean yourself up, get on a good diet and excersise, you can easily extend your life. Lowering body fat and excersising will change your life around and make you a happeir person

all the luck buddy

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Take the test cyp blue if your doc has prescribed it thats a start,then as chit said start making changes to your diet and try to do some form of excerise nothing crazy but light cardio once the test kicks in and you start dropping body fat you'll feel alot better within yourself

I wish you all the best and if theres anything else we can do to help just let us know

BennyLom is offline Associate Member
    Just want to wish you luck man and I hope things turn out as well as possible for you.

ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Hey Blue. The advice on this board is more often than not, right on the money. As mentioned above, there is plenty of stuff to read on regarding gyno issues in the pct forum. Your health is the most important thing, for you and your family. Dont go it alone. Read Read and then do some more reading and you will feel s*it loads better about everything. Good luck to you my man.,

RC

spooledup is offline Banned
    Yes, give us the dose the doc gave you. A lot of times docs prescribe a course that really wont give stable blood levels.

But the testosterone should help with your mood and overall sense of well being. Low test levels will rob you of energy and can make you feel depressed.

Hi to all of you that have taken the time to respond to my questions. I had a medical emergency in the family and this is my first chance back online. I went down to the VA Hospital, 10/27 for training on giving myself my first shot, it was really cool because I came to this site and read about giving myself a shot, so the Nurse practioner was really amazed that I did it by myself, without instruction. (Awesome) Well the shot went well but I had to give it to myself in my thigh area, and it was uneventful, until the next day my thigh muscle was pretty sore, but that is gradually becoming less of an issue, it didn't hurt as much as getting shot in nam. lol. The Dose my doctor gave me is 200 MG and that is only once a month!
    it doesn't seem like much, and not sure when or if I will ever feel different from taking, I am hoping! I have also started doing the treadmill, don't laugh but I can only do the treadmill for 10 minutes and my blood pressure goes sky high. I have listed the medications that the VA has me on daily, I don't know if this is a problem taking the juice, but I sometimes feel the VA Hospital, doesn't really care much about Vietnam Vets, were are a dying breed.
    List of meds.
    Sertraline 100mg ...........FOR PTSD
    Metoprolol 100mg ..........FOR ATRIAL FIB, & BLOOD PRESSURE
    Simvastatin 40MG...........FOR CHOLESTEROL
    Diltiazem 180MG.............FOR BLOOD PRESSURE
    Furosemide 20MG...........FOR WATER RETENSION
    Warfarin 5MG................FOR BLOOD THINNER
    Isosorbide 120MG.......... FOR ANGINA
    Oxazepam 30MG............FOR SLEEP
    Nitroglycerin.................HEART PAIN, AS NEEDED NOT DAILY
    When will I know if this Testosterone CYP is doing anything for me. I was told my the nurse practioner that I was taking this because my red blood count is low, and my testostrone level was very low. I am confused as to what this CYP Steroid is really for.
    But then again that's probably exactly why I have the health issues today. I don't understand!
    Any way sorry to make this so lengthy, and again too all of you that took time to respond to me god bless and may you all stay healthy.
    Me I have been working on a bucket list, and I am getting up the courage to ride the bull.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetreetopflyer View Post
    Hi to all of you that have taken the time to respond to my questions. I had a medical emergency in the family and this is my first chance back online. I went down to the VA Hospital, 10/27 for training on giving myself my first shot, it was really cool because I came to this site and read about giving myself a shot, so the Nurse practioner was really amazed that I did it by myself, without instruction. (Awesome) Well the shot went well but I had to give it to myself in my thigh area, and it was uneventful, until the next day my thigh muscle was pretty sore, but that is gradually becoming less of an issue, it didn't hurt as much as getting shot in nam. lol. The Dose my doctor gave me is 200 MG and that is only once a month!
    it doesn't seem like much, and not sure when or if I will ever feel different from taking, I am hoping! I have also started doing the treadmill, don't laugh but I can only do the treadmill for 10 minutes and my blood pressure goes sky high. I have listed the medications that the VA has me on daily, I don't know if this is a problem taking the juice, but I sometimes feel the VA Hospital, doesn't really care much about Vietnam Vets, were are a dying breed.
    List of meds.
    Sertraline 100mg ...........FOR PTSD
    Metoprolol 100mg ..........FOR ATRIAL FIB, & BLOOD PRESSURE
    Simvastatin 40MG...........FOR CHOLESTEROL
    Diltiazem 180MG.............FOR BLOOD PRESSURE
    Furosemide 20MG...........FOR WATER RETENSION
    Warfarin 5MG................FOR BLOOD THINNER
    Isosorbide 120MG.......... FOR ANGINA
    Oxazepam 30MG............FOR SLEEP
    Nitroglycerin.................HEART PAIN, AS NEEDED NOT DAILY
    When will I know if this Testosterone CYP is doing anything for me. I was told my the nurse practioner that I was taking this because my red blood count is low, and my testostrone level was very low. I am confused as to what this CYP Steroid is really for.
    But then again that's probably exactly why I have the health issues today. I don't understand!
    Any way sorry to make this so lengthy, and again too all of you that took time to respond to me god bless and may you all stay healthy.
    Me I have been working on a bucket list, and I am getting up the courage to ride the bull.

Wow man its great having someone on board at your age and still want to make changes to your life, It looks above as if u are on quite the medication cocktail, and it would be not very wise of any of us without the knowledge of any of the meds to give advice, but what i can say is that u are on the right track getting on the treadmill, and congrats on doing that my friend... but we have some great members on this forum with an overload of knowledge that will be able to help u, so i will help u bump this thread to keep it at the top..
    U go my friend!!!!
    Keep at that treadmill.

Peace

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Cyp will help you overall with sense of well being and energy. ALot of depression is caused by low test levels. This should help within a couple months. i wouldnt worry much about the gyno and i def would not add any other compounds to counter act it. People above advising pct drugs for this should consider the interactions they may have with all the other drugs you are taking. I myself would be more concerned with how i feel in life than worryin about a little gyno. And personally what yoru doc will prescribe for TRT/HRT should not really affect it. There is a HRT/TRT section on here you should read.

Thread Information