Insulin for MMA training? WTF

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post

I am 37 yo
    oh someone else with close to the same name

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Edit

~Haz~
    Last edited by Hazard; 11-11-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    lmao

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    By the way you said my thread was a "crap one" with so many info on it which you are/were not interested in.
    You seem not to be coherent with that, because if you had looked at my thread, you would have known my age!

rcmf5525 is offline Junior Member
    Bueller.... Bueller....

Hope he aint

Want_2_Get_BIG is offline New Member
    and someone send an ambulance to gsx house

thai-lan is offline Member
    op are you dead yet?? post some details up (if ur alive)

thai-lan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxracer View Post
    morning, 9am worked out chest

80lbs dumbells bench 8 reps 3 sets
    65lbs incline dumbells 8 reps 3 sets
    15lbs flys 12 reps 4 sets

also did abs

took 6 IU insulin, took weight gainers, got back home my blood sugar is at 6.2 after 1 hour, taking a high protein/carb meal,
    i was just reading through the thread and i saw this and is this the workout that u cant recover from???

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    call 911

EmilianoH is offline New Member
    r.i.p.

nilrac is offline Member
    lmao

Any gains yet?

How is the MMA training going anyway? With the intensity of MMA training you must bring a shitload of sugar to training right? I sure hope so! I can see it now, Bas Ruten DVD in the background, 3rd 5 minute round, doing a sprawl and then right into a seizure... "special move?"

gsxracer is offline Banned
    I ain't dead yet, didn't come near death neither,

I haven't come near hypo or come close to die yet, It's a pretty simple, take a weight gainer post workout, eat a big carb complex meal, and I drink down 1/4 of a bottle of gatorade because at the 1 hour and a half mark you're complex carbs aren't down digesting and haven't hit the blood stream yet, so basicly you would need to take weight gainer post workout, then eat at the 30 min mark, so you're blood sugar goes up before 1h and a half post work out.

after that, I take another weight gainer at the 2 hour and a half mark, then I'm out of the danger zone, and my blood sugar level turns back to normal.

When I weighted 183 pounds, I was on creatine, so I had alot of water in my muscles, probably 4-5 pounds, Now I've been training for about 1 and a half, and my muscles are looking more rip and I'm 185 pounds, so basicly probably gained 3-4 pounds of muscles if its possible in a short period of time, ( stoped using creatine when I took insulin )

But I am probably gonna drop the insulin, do to the fact it ain't helping me out in strenght or really helping out to go the extra mile on my reps, it's just making me maintain a healthy diet, which I was already doing.

So basicly I might go on for another week, but I will not go back on the insulin after this cycle till I add AAS to the mix.
    Last edited by gsxracer; 11-14-2009 at 09:52 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by nilrac View Post
    lmao

Any gains yet?

How is the MMA training going anyway? With the intensity of MMA training you must bring a shitload of sugar to training right? I sure hope so! I can see it now, Bas Ruten DVD in the background, 3rd 5 minute round, doing a sprawl and then right into a seizure... "special move?"

pty1487 is offline New Member
    stats
    23 years old
    6'0 feet
    183 pounds 13.7% bf
    goal - bulking
    blood sugar level 5.6

3 weeks on/off on insulin is the cycle for 15 weeks. At a 10 uu post-workout/ morning.

Haven't had any help on cycling insulin so i might as well do it and help out all the younguer generation, to maybe have a alternative for aas use.

Will be posting updates every day,

today was my first shot done, at 5 uu post-workout, bit shaky because it was my first time stabbing myself, and it was less worst then pricking my finger to check my blood sugar level.

Post-workout i took a 400 calorie weight gainer, 39g protein / 65g of carbs
    this will be my every day post-workout drink might up the intake if i feel that i get hypo.

Also have a chocolate bar + a powerade beside me at all times.

I checked my blood sugar level pre-workout and it was 6.1, also after workout and still 6.1, will re-check at 1 hour mark after my injection.

Will check my blood sugar level pre-shots, in the morning and pre-workout at 12:01pm, to check to see if my blood level is fluctuating and if it is being messed up i will stop injecting insulin.

Wish me luck!

do you have your diet plan??? Im thinking on starting a insulin cycle and im doing some research before starting

Normaly let's say I wake up at 8am,

8pm egg whites, 2 normal eggs, cup of oatmeal or 3 eggos , and a some flax seed oil tbsp

10pm plate of pasta with some beef, and i put cheese on pasta,
    pre-workout I take a protein shake and eat some 1-2 oranges

12pm workout
    1pm post-workout I take a 600 calorie weight gainer - after taking my insulin shot

1:45-2pm plate of pasta with some beef, and i put cheese on pasta (also I drink 1/4 of a gatorade bottle just to make sure my blood sugar stays level till the carbs hit the blood stream - and I check my blood at 30 min intervals till you get the hang of what your system will do)

3:30pm another weight gainer

5:30m Steak / with sweet patatos / some vegies,

7:00pm another weight gainer

9:00pm 2 patatos, can of tuna, and some flax seed oil

11:00pm some cotage cheese and flax oil

During the day I also eat 1/2 can of cajous to try to get my fat intake up, It ain't the best diet, but it gets the calories in.

but with this diet, I'm growing lean I was 13.7% bf when I started at 183 pounds, and I droped down to 10.5% bf, and I'm 185pounds. in 2-3weeks.

hope this helps you

I personnaly don't know the exact amount of calories im ingesting, but just with the weight gainers and flax seed oil, it's around 2200 calories, I take full glasses of milk with 3 meals also, so ima say I'm ranging around 5000-6000 calories or a bit more.
    Last edited by gsxracer; 11-15-2009 at 09:47 AM.

I drink 3 weight gainer shakes per day which isn't the best but my stomach can't take anymore food, and most of the time I dont have time to eat do to work, or other activitys, so I take the weight gainers but you can replace them by healthy meals that is better for you if you have the time and stomach to handle that much food per day,

and basicly I always carry a bag of cajous wherever I go to grind on.

and for my workout

I do

monday Cardio morning / chest / kickboxing
    tuesday sprints / biceps / mma
    wednesday cardio / triceps / badminton / kickboxing
    thursday sprints / back / mma
    friday cardio / shoulders / badminton / paintball
    saturday / hockey <--- off
    Restart the cycle of the workout routine, only take one day off, but if you're interested in doings legs sunday would be the day or saturday and take sunday off.

but I dont train legs because they're always dead / or hurting.

chest -
    bench press dumbells / 3 sets / 6 - 8 reps
    incline bench press dumbells / 3 sets / 6 - 8 reps
    dumbells flys / 4 sets / 8 - 12 reps
    also do abs almost every workout whenever they're not dead

biceps -
    straight bar curl 3 sets / 6-8 reps
    preacher bench curl 3 sets / 6-8 reps
    hammer curls 4 sets / 8-12 reps

triceps -
    Triangle push down on cable / 3 sets 6-8 reps
    *lay down on bench - curl the bar down to your face <dont know the name of the exercise> but 3 sets / 6-8 reps
    1 arm cable pull still dont know the name < strand up straight, put ur arm 90* degrees then extended it fully to 180* degree / 8-12 reps / 4 sets

-back
    straight bar against wall(corner) that you do squats with, loads the weights on the end,
    squat down, put ur back little higher then 90* degree then lift the end of the bar to your chest, 3 sets / 6-8 reps
    pull downs with straight bar (long bar) 3 sets / 6-8 reps
    pull downs with triangle shape thing 3 sets/ 6-8 reps

- shoulders
    military press dumbells 3 sets / 6-8 reps
    arnolds presses i think they're called 1-2 sets / 6-8 reps
    side lifts dumbells 2 sets / 8-12 reps
    front lifts dumbells 2 sets / 8-12 reps

abs workout
    I change it up, but decline bench and I use weight ball to do my crunches

I do the wheel on the floor where you go on ur knees then press forward to like 180* degrees and lift up again

if you have a partner, lay down on floor and lift up ur legs and have him push on them and stop them from hitting floor and relift,

also tie cable on something and do crunches with it,

sorry that the terms for my abs and so on aren't really very helpfull lol I just don't really memorise the name of the workouts I just know them,

and basicly for every exercise you do , you're form is the best thing, even if you can push 300 pounds bench press and can't do it properly its not worth doing it,

I've been laughed at because my exercises are small in weights it's because I do them in perfect form at slow speed, and I can normaly lift higher then that but my form isn't perfect so till I can get my form perfect and isolate all my muscles when I train them I will not move back higher.

almost forgot to put my leg workout ( when i use to do them )

-legs
    Squats 3 sets 6-8 reps
    45 degree leg press 3 sets 6-8 reps
    dumbell lunges 6-8 reps

-calves
    use the deadlift machine and put a little box under it and do calves raises with weights on the bar 3 sets / 6 - 8 reps

calves raises on the machine don't know what its called 3 sets / 6 - 8 reps

use the stairs and do calves raises do as much as you can take a 45 second break, and go at it again.

if you take that diet, and train religiously and workout hard and get enough sleep you'll gain some muscle mass but that's all up to you.

Don't need to take steroids or insulin to gain,

from last year to 165 pounds to now , i've gained 12 pounds of muscle and almost every part of my body got a 1-3 cm increase in size,

only problem is that you might just gain 1-2 pounds per month but you'll keep you're health 100%

I am probably stopping the insulins and steroids(didn't do roids yet) and just gonna keep going on the healthy way do to my friends / gf told me she dosen't want me to do any drugs and I respect them so hope you do the same.

I'll probably hit my 200 pounds goal next year or at 25.
    Last edited by gsxracer; 11-15-2009 at 09:34 AM.

edit

diesel405 is offline Member
    Im not busting your balls brutha, I dont jump on the flame bandwagon (thats weak) however, you do need to pump up those workouts. You are still doing novice routines. Sure you gain something off it in the beginning but as you progress your body will adapt to these workouts and progression wil be halted.

This is just my workout for this month, I alternate it from doing something heavy to doing something lighter to work harder on the muscle I want to develop.

*easier to isolate muscles when doing something lighter*

I mean like, back and bi or back and tri(my favorite) or chest and tri or chest and bi(my favorite)This way your muscle is being trained directly or indirectly twice a week.

indirectly meant secondary, sorry

I use to do mond chest/should /weds bi/tri / friday back/legs

I just don't have the time anymore to do it, I train about 30 min per day at the gym on lunch breaks and at night time i'm too occupied.

Good luck with that

Someguy123 is offline Member
    trying to get to 210-220lbs to change brackets

so youre sitting at the perfect weight, to be able to cut down to fight 170. but you wanna gain weight, to go up and train at the bottom of another category?? that really makes no sense. or are you trying to get to the top of lightheavyweight?? since that category is lame as hell. all the tough guys are fighting at 170 or 155.

210-220 bulking with 16-20% bodyfat, drop down to 190 with 6-7% bf, and be fighting at 170 still, right now im 185 at like 10-12% bf, I can cut down 20 pounds pre-fights I've done it when I was fighting at 155,

and if I can't do it, Ill drop back down to 185 with 6-8% bf, and then cut down 15 pounds,

and you're right im sitting at perfect weight, but not the perfect weight via muscle mass.

graeme87 is offline Member
    I ain't dead yet, didn't come near death neither,

I haven't come near hypo or come close to die yet, It's a pretty simple, take a weight gainer post workout, eat a big carb complex meal, and I drink down 1/4 of a bottle of gatorade because at the 1 hour and a half mark you're complex carbs aren't down digesting and haven't hit the blood stream yet, so basicly you would need to take weight gainer post workout, then eat at the 30 min mark, so you're blood sugar goes up before 1h and a half post work out.

after that, I take another weight gainer at the 2 hour and a half mark, then I'm out of the danger zone, and my blood sugar level turns back to normal.

When I weighted 183 pounds, I was on creatine, so I had alot of water in my muscles, probably 4-5 pounds, Now I've been training for about 1 and a half, and my muscles are looking more rip and I'm 185 pounds, so basicly probably gained 3-4 pounds of muscles if its possible in a short period of time, ( stoped using creatine when I took insulin )

But I am probably gonna drop the insulin, do to the fact it ain't helping me out in strenght or really helping out to go the extra mile on my reps, it's just making me maintain a healthy diet, which I was already doing.

So basicly I might go on for another week, but I will not go back on the insulin after this cycle till I add AAS to the mix.
    So your weight went up 2lbs in a week and a half? maybe more if you take into acount the weight you may have lost due to stoping the creatine.

Yes it has, but there might be more involve then just the insulin , so I can't really give a 100% accuracy on it. because I changed my workout and also changed my diet.

but its more like 2 weeks going on third week now, and every time I look on the scale lately I'm gaining about 1/3 of a pound every time I jump on it, which is every day.

I always use insulin on a cycle but it would be an interesting alternative to gear for those who get tested regularly to try using it on its own.

A lot of people have flamed you for being too inexperience etc to be doing this experiment but I think as long as you checking your blood sugar regularly and have a lot of fast acting carbs on hand it is a good a safe experiment.

Also I hope you are shooting intra muscular now?

nope, shooting in abdomen still, fatty tissues, everywhere I read has told me that it hasn't any benefits of shooting intra muscular other then having act quicker then it should, so I haven't done it yet.

Unless someone brings me prooven facts that it actually is better to shoot it into my muscle ill keep shooting in abdomen because its easier, dosent hurt, and I have its routine all worked up, the second I change place ill need to test my sugar level again for days.

How many iu's u up to?

5 iu,

I would go higher but my blood sugar drops to 4.5 or lower, so I'm always force to drink some juice at the hour mark to keep blood sugar at 5+. So I dont really see the point of putting more, unless I take another shake at the hour mark which IMO 3 shakes in a row = not too productive

Im very insulin sensitive, i cant get passed 3.5 iu's.

The point of shooting intra muscular is so that it acts faster, shuttles the nutrients into the muscle and gets out your system asap. Its safer that way.

I shoot 18 iu post workout I don’t want that in my system for any longer than it has to be.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information