gsxracer is offline Banned

Insulin Cycle (For those interested)

Stats
    23 Years old
    6'0 feet
    183 pounds 13.7% bf
    Goal - Bulking
    blood sugar level 5.6

3 weeks on/off on insulin is the cycle for 15 weeks. at a 10 UU post-workout/ morning.

Haven't had any help on cycling insulin so I might as well do it and help out all the younguer generation, to maybe have a alternative for AAS use.

will be posting updates every day,

Today was my first shot done, at 5 UU post-workout, bit shaky because it was my first time stabbing myself, and it was less worst then pricking my finger to check my blood sugar level.

post-workout I took a 400 calorie weight gainer, 39g protein / 65g of carbs
    this will be my every day post-workout drink might up the intake if I feel that I get hypo.

Also have a chocolate bar + a powerade beside me at all times.

I checked my blood sugar level pre-workout and it was 6.1, also after workout and still 6.1, will re-check at 1 hour mark after my injection.

will check my blood sugar level pre-shots, in the morning and pre-workout at 12:01pm, to check to see if my blood level is fluctuating and if it is being messed up I will stop injecting insulin.

Wish me luck!
    Last edited by gsxracer; 11-05-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Also my daily intake in calories is 4.2k, 350g protein , rest in carbs/fat.

Also I am working on perfect form when performing my exercises so I've been droping weight because I'm working on my negative side of exercises quite alot.

Today was shoulders,
    Military press 50pounds 3 sets 8 rep
    arnold press 20 pounds 2 sets 8 rep
    side raises 12 pounds 2 sets of 8 rep
    front raises 12 pounds 2 sets of 8 rep

at 1 hour spike, recheck blood sugar level 4.3

Ate a complex carb + some tuna for my meal, feeling pretty good, even thought my blood sugar is a bit on the low side still not on dangerous side.

and for those interested in the insulin i'm using its humalog, 15 minute for it to take effect and its peak is at 1 hour, and its out of you're system in 2 hours.

maxtrin is offline Junior Member
    interesting thread good luck..

10UU that is what? how much UI? I never heard about this unit sorry.

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Interesting log -

You mean 10 I.U.?

wrathchild212 is offline Associate Member
    u are 6" and only 183lbs?? and your shooting insulinn??
    man slin shouldnt even be messed with unless your a pro and u knw what ur doing..ther r members here who have been juicing for years and yet never touched insulin ..

What are your cycle experience??

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    insulin scares the shit out of me..

yes I meant 10 IU my bad,

and after 3 hours, my blood sugar level droped back to 3.0, don't know if this is just because of not eating for 3 hours, or if its just the insulin still creeping in my system longuer then it should,

either way drank a bottle of powerade, and took another meal and I'm back on track,

and wrathchild, you're 100% right, it shouldn't be shot by an amature such as myself, But I am doing it, so other amature such as myself will know if it can be done, and if its better to use then AAS's and if its pretty easy to control.

elfin1mf is offline Associate Member
    I think insulin is a very important hormone for building muscle. This is not just my opinion but a fact. I also think that most healthy bodybuilders should be able to use insulin to its maximum ability without injecting themselves with it. Instead they could eat the majority of their carbs (all high glycemic) in 1 or 2 meals meals a day taken in as fast as they possibly can and supplemented soon afterwards with about 100 g of pure protein or breast meat. They could also drink a couple glasses of water after their meal. The reasons I think this is a much better method are countless, but the most important reason is that your body will become insulin resistant way too quickly if you keep poking yourself with it. If you eat your carbs all in one meal eaten as quick as possible you not only produce the most insulin possible rhythmically (as the body would naturally instead of all at once) But you also allow for an entire day to gain back your sensitivity to the slin. If you are on a bulking cycle with AAS which allows you to work out wayyy more and still build muscle, you might want to have at least 3 carb/protein meals a day. I still think it would be beneficial to eat those meals in the style I stated above to maximize insulin production.

Does the speed you eat the meal really matter? ABSOLUTELY. Try eating the meal half as fast as you can and noting the mental effects of the insulin. Then try eating it as fast as possible and note the incredible difference. I have nearly passed out from eating a box and a half of oreos and 75 - 100grams whey isolate in 10 minutes with a glass or 2 of water.

Applying this method of eating, I have been able to take in the same amount of calories as usual and gain weight AT LEAST 5 - 10 times faster than normal. I cannot believe my eyes when I look at the scale. So do not try to tell me that you cannot get your body to naturally produce enough insulin to gain the maximum amount of weight for optimal results.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxracer View Post
    yes I meant 10 IU my bad,

and after 3 hours, my blood sugar level droped back to 3.0, don't know if this is just because of not eating for 3 hours, or if its just the insulin still creeping in my system longuer then it should,

either way drank a bottle of powerade, and took another meal and I'm back on track,

and wrathchild, you're 100% right, it shouldn't be shot by an amature such as myself, But I am doing it, so other amature such as myself will know if it can be done, and if its better to use then AAS's and if its pretty easy to control.
    I hope you did some serious homework insulin can easily kill you if you go hypo. And it is usually used with Test and HGH never heard of anyone run it solo instead of AAS not a good choice IMO but good luck either way.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    You need to throw that shit away your brushing with death their BUD

I'd rather play with death, then having side effects that will cause me to having to inject myself with something all my life,

As long as my system stays out of insulin dependency I will be happy, because the rest is not that bad, I mean first injection with insulin and I didn't feel any hypo, and I didn't even intake the max carbs I should be taking.

and considering all the people who currently have diabetes inject themself 2-3 times a day, and they're system produces insulin, so a healthy human should be able to monitor his insulin injecting and keep his system in normal function by cycling the insulin.

and if you have any cases of people having issues with insulin please post it, because I'd like to know and some other members might wanna know to.

Oh and I'm still alive after first night, yay me!

Quote Originally Posted by elfin1mf View Post
    I think insulin is a very important hormone for building muscle. This is not just my opinion but a fact. I also think that most healthy bodybuilders should be able to use insulin to its maximum ability without injecting themselves with it. Instead they could eat the majority of their carbs (all high glycemic) in 1 or 2 meals meals a day taken in as fast as they possibly can and supplemented soon afterwards with about 100 g of pure protein or breast meat. They could also drink a couple glasses of water after their meal. The reasons I think this is a much better method are countless, but the most important reason is that your body will become insulin resistant way too quickly if you keep poking yourself with it. If you eat your carbs all in one meal eaten as quick as possible you not only produce the most insulin possible rhythmically (as the body would naturally instead of all at once) But you also allow for an entire day to gain back your sensitivity to the slin. If you are on a bulking cycle with AAS which allows you to work out wayyy more and still build muscle, you might want to have at least 3 carb/protein meals a day. I still think it would be beneficial to eat those meals in the style I stated above to maximize insulin production.

Does the speed you eat the meal really matter? ABSOLUTELY. Try eating the meal half as fast as you can and noting the mental effects of the insulin. Then try eating it as fast as possible and note the incredible difference. I have nearly passed out from eating a box and a half of oreos and 75 - 100grams whey isolate in 10 minutes with a glass or 2 of water.

Applying this method of eating, I have been able to take in the same amount of calories as usual and gain weight AT LEAST 5 - 10 times faster than normal. I cannot believe my eyes when I look at the scale. So do not try to tell me that you cannot get your body to naturally produce enough insulin to gain the maximum amount of weight for optimal results.

You're system dosen't even produce 1/10th of the insulin you inject into yourself and if you would force yourself to eat the ammount of carbs to increase your insulin level to what the injection is, you would be amazingly fat + you would more then likely get diabetes.

Want_2_Get_BIG is offline New Member
    I'd rather play with death, then having side effects that will cause me to having to inject myself with something all my life,

As long as my system stays out of insulin dependency I will be happy, because the rest is not that bad, I mean first injection with insulin and I didn't feel any hypo, and I didn't even intake the max carbs I should be taking.

and considering all the people who currently have diabetes inject themself 2-3 times a day, and they're system produces insulin, so a healthy human should be able to monitor his insulin injecting and keep his system in normal function by cycling the insulin.

and if you have any cases of people having issues with insulin please post it, because I'd like to know and some other members might wanna know to.

This Fuggin Guy cracks me up!!!

wrathchild212 is offline Associate Member
    Are you talking about TRT and HRT?? well if u are..i think your wrong boddy..i know competitive bodybuilders that have been juicing since they wer 19..they are over 40 now with children and they have no problem with ther hormone levels..

the chances of u turning into a diabatic is waaaaaaaayy more higher than ending up in TRT..you should try AAS first..experience ther sides and everything then add slin if u wanted..and before that..id get my weight up too atleast 195lbs naturally before i think of anything else..

goodluck

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathchild212 View Post
    Are you talking about TRT and HRT?? well if u are..i think your wrong boddy..i know competitive bodybuilders that have been juicing since they wer 19..they are over 40 now with children and they have no problem with ther hormone levels..

the chances of u turning into a diabatic is waaaaaaaayy more higher than ending up in TRT..you should try AAS first..experience ther sides and everything then add slin if u wanted..and before that..id get my weight up too atleast 195lbs naturally before i think of anything else..

goodluck
    Because they are still young. Repost in 20-30 years from now than I really want to see!
    They points are:

1. Everyone's genetics is different and no one knows prior cycling what will happen to one's organism. You can only rely on other's experiences and therefore related applied statistics. That's it.
    2. AAS at 19 years old is a very insane thing to do and "suggest".
    3. Unless one wants to commit suicide in a long range, it should be kept in mind that we shall not remain young forever and the possible future implications of what we are doing right now, must be taken into account.

kinda hard to get it up to 195lbs naturally, when your gene pool is halting you're growth till you're metabolism drops down which is probably late in my 30's.

and sadly I don't have the patience to wait till then.

and all the reports that i've read and keep reading there no place in it that shows anyone going diabetic on insulin .

and I will add AAS to the equation if I dont see any muscles gain in the next 2-3 weeks,

And I am on cycling for 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off for a total of 15 weeks then I'm completly stoping my cycles till another 2-3 years to make sure my body has fully recovered from the harassment i'm giving to it.

BJJ
    To the OP, you are making a big mistake, IMO.
    I suggest you to stop, you may regret it.
    Either ways, Good Luck.

after eating breakfast / high carb meal, my sugar level is at 6.6 after 2 hours after meal.

didn't take any insulin this morning, will do it post-workout again, just to make sure I get the dose correctly and make sure nothing goes wrong before I do in the morning also.

well BJJ, before you say I will regret it, I'd like to know what will I regret, because everything i've read nothing has kept me from stoping the use of insulin ,

only side effect i've seen is hypo, and if you're stupid you can die from it, that's the only side effect i've seen up to now.

but if you do have more side effects please share might get me to stop.

After getting this silly device, without the use of insulin i've seen my blood sugar level fluctuating from 3.2 to 9.1 by itself, and when I insert insulin my blood sugar level actually stays to a healthy # by itself,

so imo its not really hurting the production of my insulin, just helping when I overload it with carbs post-workouts,

BJJ
    well BJJ, before you say I will regret it, I'd like to know what will I regret, because everything i've read nothing has kept me from stoping the use of insulin ,

only side effect i've seen is hypo, and if you're stupid you can die from it, that's the only side effect i've seen up to now.

After getting this silly device, without the use of insulin i've seen my blood sugar level fluctuating from 3.2 to 9.1 by itself, and when I insert insulin my blood sugar level actually stays to a healthy # by itself,

so imo its not really hurting the production of my insulin, just helping when I overload it with carbs post-workouts,
    Since, at the VENERABLE old age of 23, you already use sarcasm and declare I am giving you "silly device", there is not reason for me to express why you should stop.

BJJ

By the way...
    I think it is enough.

silly device ----> blood level sugar tester....

just a fyi.

and also its not sarcasism, its basicly my english is bad, and it might sound differently then it was intended.

and also I'm not here for pitty, I'm basicly here to help new bodybuilders or veterans who might be wanting to go on insulin but don't wanna be the guinea pig on testing it out because they don't wanna destroy there lives.

so basicly all you're advice is not directly going to me but to other members, and "stating this drug will kill you stop it now" is not really very helpful information

when you were young and you're mom told you not to speed or not to do drugs? did you listend to her... no.

a Smart persone woulda done research on what would be the side effects of doing the things, and others just experienced it and see what it did.

BJJ
    Well since I am not an assh..e and I were 23 too, I'll express you what I know about insulin without being verbose.

Insulin is a drug exceptional able to save and improve the quality of life of many diabetics, however, if used incorrectly, can be fatal or even worse turn in a "vegetable" the user.
    Its side effects in the short term are related to any appearance of hypoglycaemia. By favouring the passage of glucose from the blood to the tissues a too large dose of insulin removes indeed nourishment to the brain, an organ with a very sensitive functionality directly linked to the presence of an appropriate quantity of glucose. Signs of suffering brain showed at levels of glucose less than 60-70 mg/dl, and include: sweating, hunger, perestesie, palpitations, dizziness, blurred vision.
    Despite our body possesses some effective biological mechanisms to prevent hypoglycaemia, a sharp reduction of plasma levels of glucose may involve seizures and coma.
    Other undesirable effects attributable to improper use of insulin include: rupture of red blood cells (anaemia, haemolytic anaemia), altered cardiac function (in some cases, no way back), fluid retention (oedema) and liver problems. Enough?
    If your blood glucose levels drop down is important to have to hand the lumps of sugar and the opportunity to intervene with an intravenous infusion of glucose assisted by glucagon (another hormone product from the pancreas with action contrary to the one of insulin) and I am sure you know what that is, right?

If you know how to eat glucides properly, you may achieve great results being natural; ASSUMING (YOU DID NOT STATE THE OPPOSITE), YOU ARE A HEALTHY PERSON.
    If you don't know how to make your organism do what you want, LEARN IT BY STUDYING!
    Last edited by BJJ; 11-06-2009 at 05:41 AM.

BJJ
    and also I'm not here for pitty, I'm basicly here to help new bodybuilders or veterans who might be wanting to go on insulin but don't wanna be the guinea pig on testing it out because 1 they don't wanna destroy there lives.

so basicly all you're advice is not directly going to me but to other members, and "stating this drug will kill you stop it now" is not really very helpful information

when you were young and you're mom told you not to speed or not to do drugs? did you listend to her... no.

2 a Smart persone woulda done research on what would be the side effects of doing the things, and others just experienced it and see what it did.
    1 And so you will on their behalf?
    2 A smart person would listen my advice. For the way you express yourself you are way too young to even consider touching any drugs at all.

Okinawa_Power is offline Senior Member

Great post however how much of that weight that you are gaining is fat? I can't imagine eating a box of oreos and it not putting fat on you....You will have to do some serious cardio after your bulk cycle to get rid of all the fat..

Okinawa_Power is offline Senior Member

If you have to take a shot because your a diabetic then your system is NOT making insulin.....Good luck and hope you don't go into a coma........

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

idrockasupra is offline Junior Member
    Honestly i wanna see what happens, op has obviously done his research and thats all you can really hope for. Good luck and be safe man.

thanks bjj, now that was more helpful then someone telling me don't use it because you can die.

did some cardio, took a shake pre-hand rechecked my blood sugar level post-workout after 2hours of last meal, and its back to 5.4 level.

also I think that humalog is actually longuer lasting than 2 hours which was posted on most sites, it stayed in my system for atleast 4-5 hours yesterday. So I will need to check my blood sugar levels at the hour interval from my next post-workout.

for those interested in what I'm taking post-workout after injecting its a 600 calorie weight gainer, then at the hour mark, I eat a protein / complex carb, and I keep checking my blood sugar level, and if it goes down below 4.5 I sink down a powerade or gatorade, just to make sure blood level dosent drop drasticly.

gonna be injecting 6 IU today, and increment it by 1 IU till I reach 10, and if everything goes well I'll be starting injecting 5 IU in the morning before I wake up,

and post-injection in the morning, ill be taking 12 white eggs, with 3 waffels with sirup, then sinking down a weight gainer at the hour mark, and going to do a cardio workout every morning for 30 min.

and for those wondering why I'm sinking down weight gainers, is because they're one of the quickest way to get carbs/proteins in you're system even thought they're not very good sources of meals they still allowed you to fit quite alot of calories easier after eating a big meal and having to eat again after 1 hour.

Also doing cardio to keep my blood pressure and everything down / fat levels down also because weight gainers will be storing more fat then It should, but in my oppinion it's probably one of my safest bet for now,

I will probably switch to a carb / protein shake, whenever I'm done my weight gainer( probably 20 scoops left) if everything goes well and see if it will keep the fat off.
    Last edited by gsxracer; 11-06-2009 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by idrockasupra View Post
    Honestly i wanna see what happens, op has obviously done his research and thats all you can really hope for. Good luck and be safe man.
    thanks buddy

Also spoke with few people and they told me to cycle 3 weeks on and 8 weeks off, for you're system to catch up again.

maxtrin is offline Junior Member
    How does make you insulin shot hungry?

insulin dosen't make you hungry, it's I'm taking humalog, and basicly they're is 2 phases when injecting it,

you're first initial burst when you inject it, it's basicly 15-20 minute after

then at 1 hour mark it's where they call the peak, whenever the insulin is at its full potential, and basicly you need to take enough carbs for you not to go hypo.

at both phases you should be taking atleast 10 grams of carbs per IU that you're injecting, this is the safeline, you can go lower but its not really recommended.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    also I think that humalog is actually longuer lasting than 2 hours which was posted on most sites, it stayed in my system for atleast 4-5 hours yesterday. So I will need to check my blood sugar levels at the hour interval from my next post-workout.
    Are you shooting IM into the muscle-group worked... or are you shooting subcutaneously?

If you're shooting IM (which you should be doing) are you actually hitting muscle when you shoot? i.e. are you shooting in areas which are lean enough that you can totally avoid shooting into fat?

Dispersion in fat will increase the length of activity.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

No I'm currently shooting in my abdomen, most post i've read didn't tell me to shoot directly in muscle, all of them told me to refrain from doing so because it circulates quicker in you're system,

I'm just squeezing whatever fat I have on the side of my abdomen, and injecting it there, but I could be shooting muscles groups if its better,

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information