Myo
    Myo is offline New Member

Open ampoule: how long can I keep it?

I have 250 mg-1ml test enanthate ampoules.

I'd like to split an amp in half and get ~100-120 mg out of it.

Once open, how long can I keep it (if actually possible, in the fridge or wherever) before it gets unusable?

Thanks.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    I would not for fear of contamination.

Next time opt for the 10ml vials

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    you need to draw it inti a syringe and store it. your also beta shootin the whole amp

Myo
    Thanks guys.

For several (good) reasons, it's waaaay easier for me to get 250 mg-1ml amps. So if it's not too complicated and safe, I also waaay prefer to use them and deal with the hassle of the splitting.

So, take-home messages are:

- 1/ it's ok to keep an open amp in the fridge for one week, it won't lose its potency or get contaminated.
    - 2/ better to store the remaining half in a syringe, will be less exposed to air.

Do I get this right?

CMonkey is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Myo View Post
    Thanks guys.

For several (good) reasons, it's waaaay easier for me to get 250 mg-1ml amps. So if it's not too complicated and safe, I also waaay prefer to use them and deal with the hassle of the splitting.

So, take-home messages are:

- 1/ it's ok to keep an open amp in the fridge for one week, it won't lose its potency or get contaminated.
    - 2/ better to store the remaining half in a syringe, will be less exposed to air.

Do I get this right?
    It is not ok to leave an open amp in the fridge for a week!! It is no longer sterile once it is open. Just draw into a syringe and store it.

Myo
    Thanks.

In a syringe, in the fridge, for a week. Works for me.

I am pretty sure that contamination can happen regardless if it is open for a week. Best bet would be to buy sterile vials and transfer the solution. Even though, you still risk infection

Myo
    Hm, while we're at it and to try and add some informational value to this thread:

How long do you guys think one can store in the fridge, test drawned in a syringe before it loses potency/gets "stale"?

Myo
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKuntry1984 View Post
    I am pretty sure that contamination can happen regardless if it is open for a week. Best bet would be to buy sterile vials and transfer the solution. Even though, you still risk infection
    Well, if we look at things this way, isn't a syringe supposed to be sterile? It would actually make up for a very practical sterile vial IMO.

A syringe is not completely sealed

Myo
    A syringe is not completely sealed
    If carefully caped, maybe could it do the trick. I just checked my syringes and the cap "feels" (I know highly scientific proof...) quite hermetic.
    I mean I would draw the test, cap the syringe, store in the fridge and not touch it for one week.
    But yeah, I might consider buying sterile vials. Would greatly increase the hassle tho.

I'd be happy to hear about guys who already tried this "syringe storing" option.

I am sure it is possible... but I would rather be safe than sorry. If you do cap it, then change needles before you inject

Myo
    I am sure it is possible... but I would rather be safe than sorry. If you do cap it, then change needles before you inject
    Good idea, thanks. I DO prefer to deal with changing needles rather than buying effin vials... Decreasing hassle-ratio you know.

Thanks.

Even with transferring into vials you risk infection. The safest method is straight from amp to IM. But whatever you decidde to do, be sure to sterilize

Myo
    Will do. I'll change the needle and re-cap carefully.

If I get infected and zombify, I'll make sure to bump up this very thread. For informational purposes, of course. "Terrain tested" as they say.

Thread Information