Thread: joint pain help

dondon is offline New Member

joint pain help

I'm supposed to start next week

wk 1-12 test
    wk 1-12 eq
    wk 1-4 dbol
    wk 10-14 var

been having a little bit of pain in my right elbow (had a contusion (sp?) when I was 15) and starting to feel my rotator cuff a bit too.

I can still lift just fine it's just every now and again that I have a bit of nagging pain.

Concerned it may get worse when I start getting stronger.

Anything I can do?
    supps?
    other compounds?

wanna_be_big is offline Associate Member
    I found no supp to help with such problems also be careful (again BE CAREFUL) when on steroids your muscles will get stronger and if you did not watch it you will end up hurting your joints, rotator cuff, etc...

As i said, i tried noraml/mega doses of:

Cissus
    Glucosamine
    Chondroitin
    MSM

Nothing working for me, so my advice to you is "better be safe than sorry!"

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by dondon View Post
    I'm supposed to start next week

wk 1-12 test
    wk 1-12 eq
    wk 1-4 dbol
    wk 10-14 var

been having a little bit of pain in my right elbow (had a contusion (sp?) when I was 15) and starting to feel my rotator cuff a bit too.

I can still lift just fine it's just every now and again that I have a bit of nagging pain.

Concerned it may get worse when I start getting stronger.

Anything I can do?
    supps?
    other compounds?
    Why is that?

newbuilder1 is offline New Member

only oxandrolone, pain

I am on 50mg of var ED, this is my first cycle ever; I started experiencing joint pain on day 5. The area in and around my left elbow started to hurt a lot. The next day it was much less and by the 2ndd day, it was gone. On day 9, i was on arms day again and it began to hurt in the same place w/ the same intensity. I was still able to lift the weight and finish my work out, it was just very painful. Day 10 was chest day; same pain except this time, more intense and in both the left and the right! I became worried and started looking for answers, some people are saying that it is due to a lack of water and fatty acids. I can't remember about day 5; perhaps day 9, but day 10 I can definitely say that I did not drink enough water. and I actually ran out of both fish oil and evening primrose oil by day 3 of my cycle. So this seems like it might make sense. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar with oxandralone only, and if so did they try fish oil and drinking lots of water? Did it help? what other suggestions can help me? I don't want to go off the gear, I have a tight timeline to stick to and I can't continue to work out w/ this much pain everyday either, someone will eventually notice that something is wrong; my gf my parents, brother, etc... No one knows about my cycle except my supplier!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna_be_big View Post
    I found no supp to help with such problems also be careful (again BE CAREFUL) when on steroids your muscles will get stronger and if you did not watch it you will end up hurting your joints, rotator cuff, etc...

As i said, i tried noraml/mega doses of:

Cissus
    Glucosamine
    Chondroitin
    MSM

Nothing working for me, so my advice to you is "better be safe than sorry!"
    Sounds like my experience. None have made any noticeable difference for me. Warmer climate helps.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I have less joint pain when on cycle. I always run deca though.

plan

OK, I started taking fish oil and flax seed oil again. drinking water every chance I get... didn't lift weights today, just conditioning and I'll do the same tomorrow. I'm gonna stay on the gear, I'll start with some joint care formula tomorrow; it contains glucosamine, chondroitin, etc... I found something that I am going to order, I've been reading about tendonitis, which is what we are experiencing, I asked my cousin who's a doctor... He said its not joint pain, its stress on the tendons, like tennis elbow. Anyways, a topical anti-inflammatory like this one will act as a vaso-dilator and relieve the pain in soft tissue and the other stuff in it can't hurt...

http://www.amazon.com/Ibuprofen-Reli...f=pd_sbs_hpc_3

I have until March 13th to be in the best shape of my life! So, even if I am just getting stronger faster than I should be; I'm not gonna snap a tendon that quick, maybe I can take all this shit, slow down how quickly I increase the weight I'm lifting and just hope for the best. Its not a long cycle, about 6 weeks... my first cycle ever, and its Var! I'm not even gonna get huge or anything... I just wanna work out and get great results and not be in so much pain!

anyone agree or disagree?

I'm also stretching in the sauna, before and after work outs... that felt better after my last work out and my physician cousin has reassured me that it will help! stretching is key! heat will help...

I feel better now...

Ok, so my first experience w/ AAS is going quite well; except for the excruciating pain in my elbows and shoulder. I have gotten stronger, leaner, and more vascular. I have also greatly reduced the pain I was experiencing.

The pain is not exactly joint pain, I have discovered that it is actually tendonitis. Unfortunately, for tendonitis there is no cure. That is why none of the above supplements worked for the senior member above. The way to avoid tendonitis is to stretch before working out, stretch after working out, don't lift too much too fast and apply heat. For relief from the pain of tendonititis, take an anti inflamatory like, ibuprofen; found in advil or ketarolac aka toradol, etc...

I am on a pretty short cycle, just before a trip. So for me the whole point is to maximize the results in a short period of time. Here's what I did: When the pain got so bad that it was unbearable, I stopped lifting weights for 2 days and did nothing but conditioning and cardio exercises, just to give my joints a break. I started taking a joint care formula w/ glucosamine, chondroitin, msm, etc- just in case, I also started taking fish oil, flax seed oil and I began drinking twice as much water as I was before; I heard that dehydration could cause these kinds of symptoms too. I also started stretching before and after my work outs in the sauna, and actually as often as possible, I spend some time, sweating out, in the sauna after my work outs. The heat really makes it feel a lot better. Other than that my training and nutrition have remained, quite the same; I'm back to lifting heavy and training hard. The fish oil and flax seed oil, I would imagine, is also helping my lipid profile and I'm eating fish, cooked or sushi grade raw and raw extra virgin olive oil too.

The effect has been good. Since the last two heavy weight lifting sessions that caused me excruciating pain, I haven't experienced that kind of pain again. I have had some minor discomfort but overall it seems to be subsiding stretching and working the smaller muscles in and around the joints in the elbow and rotator-cuff is probably helping me too. But on most days, I feel no pain at all anymore.

If anyone else is experiencing this kind of pain, I would first speak to a doctor or perhaps a trainer or physiotherapist to determine what the pain is actually a symptom of? If its infact tendonitis, or if ur American, tendinitis... then the supplements and water intake can't hurt, but the best thing will be exercises and stretches that work the smaller muscles in that area and loosen up the tendons and ligaments that will be be under pressure when lifting heavy. Get into the sauna or steam room @ ur gym and stretch it out in there.

If its not the same pain, I would suggest u ask a professional healthcare provider and then post their advice on here or somewhere like here... that way someone who is having the same experience as u can get some clues as to how to deal with it.

Maybe a hot/ warm bath in Epsom salts would help too... I haven't tried that, but i just thought of it... My girlfriend would run me a bath like that once in a while when I train hard and come home sore. Honestly, I don't know anything about Epsom salt baths...

rj90 is offline Associate Member
    I experienced severe elbow pain in both my elbows half way through my test cycle...I told my doctor he said I must have torn the tendons in my elbows while lifting heavy weights. Also when on cycle your muscles r growing hence putting stress on the tendons. He mentioned that collagen is greatly reduced when taking AAS which can cause an injury alot easier. I was out of the gym for over 2 months with really bad pain in both elbow and couldn’t even bend them with out extricating pain...I have learnt my lesson and will never run a cycle without a mild amount of deca ! Wasted half a cycle and definitely not worth the pain and keeping me out of the gym for that long! I started taking fish oils (6000mg) a day and the pain hasn’t been back since so I guess its helping? Give glucosamine a try either Glucosamine Hydrochloride - 1500mg per day or Glucosamine Sulphate - 1500mg per day. These are clinical proven dosages which can help relieve pain.

ya, the joint care complex I'm taking has glucosamine, chondroitin hyaluronic acid, shark cartilage, etc... taking fish oil, lots of water and lots of stretching and heat. And the exercises that engage the smaller muscles in and around the elbow will take some of the pressure off of the connective tissue as they get stronger. I am running var only, and am having a good experience. this is my first AAS experience...

why deca ? please explain...

Thread Information