Kratos is offline I feel accomplished

L-Carnitine injection

Anybody have any experience with this stuff? Just curious, there is almost no information out there, so post anything you have.

Supplement companies claim it as a fat loss aid. Although, the consensus is you don't absorb enough through normal digestion.

Anybody use it in inj. form and get results?

Maybe this should be in the supp forum but I doubt the guys who stick to supps are injecting the stuff.

Also it may have interesting implications for on cycle use or post cycle use. It has been linked to androgen receptor upregulation.

This is the only study I found on the subject.
    : Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Jul;38(7):1288-96. Links
    Erratum in:
    Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.
    Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.
    Human Performance Laboratory, ***artment of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. [email protected]

PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses. METHODS: Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-superdrol: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated. RESULTS: LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT. CONCLUSION: In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.
    PMID: 16826026 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

It's cheap and easy to get being legal and all. So I was thinking maybe someone tried it and like or didn't like it?

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Interesting! I would love to know this as well.

L-carnitine is included in many of the lipo disolve injections because L-Carnitine forms the transport system which moves fatty acid molecules into the mitachondria for energy production. Not to say L-Carnitine is causing spot reduction of fat...they include bile salts in the preperation also to break down the fat for mobilization. But likely it is in there to help burn off the fatty acids that are released.

Maybe it could help metabolize more fat instead of carbs and protein durring a cutting diet along with cardio...making for a more muscle sparing cut.

IDK, trying to find any information out there.

big_k is offline Associate Member
    I always take L-Carnitine when I go low carb, I have read studies that it can increase VO2 Max during aerobic exercise, but never heard of Intramuscular injection of L-Carnitine.

Here is a study I found on Chickens....lol

"Supplementation with L-carnitine (above 25 mg/kg) in the diet increased breast muscle yield (P < 0.05) and crude fat content of the muscles and decreased abdominal fat content (P < 0.05)."

Found an interesting one, on dosing an bioavailability, they test the difference of oral and intraveous injection.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/t02h7841hr5l3065/

if you need any full studies I still have access to my college library so I can pull up any of them
    Last edited by big_k; 11-20-2009 at 12:18 PM.

nice big k, yeah I knew bio-avail was low and 2 grams was max but I didn't have the study to back it up. So, 16% of 2 grams would be like injecting 320mg? That's kinda a lot, no?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Never used L-carnitine but ive used Lipodissolve (phosphatidylcholine) for fat reduction with amazing results.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Never used L-carnitine but ive used Lipodissolve (phosphatidylcholine) for fat reduction with amazing results.
    Is that the main ingredient in Lipo-6

No its an injection

No its an injection
    But u can take them orally as well, but obviously it wont be as effective as injecting SubQ

Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    But u can take them orally as well, but obviously it wont be as effective as injecting SubQ
    soy lecithin tablets are nowhere near as good as the injection,

soy lecithin tablets are nowhere near as good as the injection,
    LOL, No im reffering to phosphatidylcholine capsules, and phosphatidylcholine is the active ingredient.

http://www.solaltech.com/labelsnew/n...%203.03.09.pdf

LOL, No im reffering to phosphatidylcholine capsules, and phosphatidylcholine is the active ingredient.

http://www.solaltech.com/labelsnew/n...%203.03.09.pdf
    yes and like ive said, injections are far better

yes and like ive said, injections are far better
    Cool, my girl is interested in taking shots (of phosphatidylcholine) seems like a good compound with very little sides.

Cool, my girl is interested in taking shots (of phosphatidylcholine) seems like a good compound with very little sides.
    They sting like a bee trapped behind your foreskin

LMFAO! luckily my girl doesnt have a foreskin...LOL...

Where would you find sterile phosphatidylcholine?

As for L-Carnitine injection, 320mg seems high but how would you make the serum to inject? Just like any anabolic powder?

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    LMFAO! luckily my girl doesnt have a foreskin...LOL...
    oh! She is circumcised? Lol Im kidding bro! I had to do it!

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Very interesting

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    A LOT of guys use it here in the gym where i train and inject it in their belly fat around summer time when everybody is cutting down , and to my knowledge it works for fat loss . I never tried it but i saw what it did to other people.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTest View Post
    A LOT of guys use it here in the gym where i train and inject it in their belly fat around summer time when everybody is cutting down , and to my knowledge it works for fat loss . I never tried it but i saw what it did to other people.
    So this is a spot injection? Where you inject you get fat loss in that area?

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RANA View Post
    So this is a spot injection? Where you inject you get fat loss in that area?

ya thats what all the guys said it does .

Diet and cardio would be a far better route to take, if you design the right bodyfat attack using these two methods you will ahcieve fat loss, put in some hardwork before try Liopdissolve, not sure about L-Carnitine ive never used it.

wrathchild212 is offline Associate Member
    Hey, here the L-carnitine injections are veryyy popular..i have lots of friends that used them..some with quite a high percent of bodyfat (18% and up) they didnt see much effect even though they wer shooting around 3-4ml/day..other have used it wit bodyfat percent of 10-12 tops and they got amazing results...they started to see results within 2 weeks..they really got shredded from whay i saw..it comes in 100ml bottles water based..they told me they injected it subQ non of em ever tried using it IM..we get them here from the nearest VET and very cheap like u said

nilrac is offline Member
    I get decent results when I use L-Carnitine (capsule form).

TexSavant is offline Associate Member
    HOLY ****, LOL!

Float like a butterfly....

Thread Information