got fina? is offline Member

Numb limbs when i sleep?

First off, happy Thanks Giving to all!!

Ok the problem im having is, when i go to sleep (which i like to put my hand under my pillow and sleep on my side) My hand starts to tingle rite away, and before i know it, it gets numb.

I have actually woken up in the middle of the night, only to find my hand and arm completely numb and swinging back and forth uncontrollably.

Its getting very annoying, to the point where now the only choice i seem to have, is to sleep on my back ((not my favorite).

Anybody else experiencing something similair, or know whats causing it..

Is there a fix? or something that has helped?

The ffunny thing is, that once i start going to the gym, it seems to get worse.

Thanx for listening, and comments. Goble, Goble, Got Fina.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    I also have been noticing that my left side of my body is falling alseep quicker then the right. For example when I am watching tv and leaning against my arm it falls asleep quite often. No problems with working out though. I think that I might just go to the doc and get him to do some blood pressure tests and see if there is anything wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    I also have been noticing that my left side of my body is falling alseep quicker then the right. For example when I am watching tv and leaning against my arm it falls asleep quite often. No problems with working out though. I think that I might just go to the doc and get him to do some blood pressure tests and see if there is anything wrong there.
    Great to hear its a common occurance. Hope u come up with a solution i could use as well, because its getting kinda annoying.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    The problem started after PCT. It isn't as bad as yours but its tolerable.

benNV is offline New Member
    Lol happens to me all the time bro! It always seems to be my right arm for some reason

jaytoro7 is offline New Member
    Happens to me a lot when i am training real hard and I have never cycled

vaders4 is offline Member
    Same here, happens to me and I'm all natural.

covert025 is offline Associate Member
    same problem.. usually when I fold my arm and elbow is folded. Hand gets numb.. so annoying.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    happens and I LOVE it. I am so jealous of my arms because they are getting better sleep than the rest of my body.

viking73 is offline New Member
    this happens to me all the time, only when im sleeping, ill wake up and my arm is completely numb. if im working out real hard, my left arm starts to tingle, dont know if this is related though

darkcrayz is offline Member
    my buddy told me. happens to me all the time.

if your entire arm goes to sleep then a blood vessel is being pinched. if only two fingers go to sleep at a time, index/middle, or ring/pinky then its a nerve being impinged.

either way just dont sleep on your side, its obviously not a good thing.

cubnlynx is offline Associate Member
    I think it has to do with big muscles when I had my 3 year break my muscles were not big at all after I got some size back my arms legs but cheeks fall asleep when I lean on them for to long.

management26 is offline New Member
    It's probably a herniated or bulging disc in your neck putting pressure on a nerve. That would probably explain why it gets worse after training. I have herniations in my neck and lower back, so lucky for me, I have my arms AND legs falling asleep nightly. Either that are your just sleeping on your arm. Sucks bro. Sorry to hear

zepiqueno is offline Junior Member
    i got the same thing from jiu jitsu and an anavar only cycle it was a small side effect of the anavar swollen hands ,mostly happened at night but i would have my arms numb after every jiu jitsu class going num on and off

Critical Mass is offline Senior Member
    Happened to me all the time when I was on tren .
    My foot even fell asleep when I walked for anymore than 20 min.

DR T is offline New Member
    swelling in the soft tissues as a side effect of a certain drug?... If not a drug related issue, most likely a mechanical issue...

The symptom of numbness/ tingling in the upper extremities (parastesia) is almost always caused by nerve compression in the lower neck/ upper thoracic spine( brachial plexus). The most common way that the nerve becomes irritated or compressed is when a intervertebral disc becomes swollen (herniated). The disc becomes swollen only when the joint is mechanically deranged: bone misaligns from a trauma, disc swells as a result
    in the shift of the alignment of the bone, the swollen disc compresses nearby tissues, encroaching the spinal nerve.
    Less likely explanations include: thoracic
    outlet syndrome, where the triangular space that the brachial plexus exits
    the upper body before it innervates the upper extremity, becomes encroached, the space becomes smaller: triangle is made up of the clavicle, and
    two Bands of intersecting muscle. Tightness/ spasm of these deep cervical muscles can compress the nerves, certain developmental abnormalities can make this space smaller, corrected with surgery...
    Most cases are Nerve compression due to a misaligned joint, irritating a disc, irritating a nerve: the solution- chiropractic, in my biased opinion, seek out a Gonstead chiropractor: much more specific/ scientific approach to analyzing and adjusting the spine.

It is much less likely that the parastesia is caused by a blood-vasculature issue (blood vessel compressed)... As one becomes more muscular, this can encroach the spaces for the nerves as well... Stretch, maintain flexibility, ice the lower neck 20m on, 40m off several times a day, and Go see a Gonstead chiropractor.
    Hope that helps.

-DR T
    Last edited by DR T; 11-27-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Excellent!! I was getting worrried thinking i had something wrong with my circulation.

But now reading from others that its a common occcurance, feel much better.

Thanx all for replies, and help. U guys r the best!

Rye_guy is offline Member
    yeah, ive been noticing this myself.

i started to notice it hwen i was first running deca , that was common with deca. I have also noticed now that it happens when i run tren . i assume it has to do with both being 19-nor

the one thing i am noticing with tren i havent with deca was there is more sharp cramping pains in my chest and sholders and in my legs... very breif... and it comes and goes. also gettin some wicked heart burn, not sure if thats exactly related to the gear however.

Thread Information