Baron is offline Associate Member

Jittery hands while injecting...

Is this damaging at all, like if you accidentally press the needle a little deeper or take it out a little while injecting..?

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    Is this damaging at all, like if you accidentally press the needle a little deeper or take it out a little while injecting..?
    Not the best thing to do, after you first inject take a few deep breaths and slowly inject

Quote Originally Posted by RANA View Post
    Not the best thing to do, after you first inject take a few deep breaths and slowly inject
    what exactly is happening tho? Like what type of negative effects could this possibly yield?

Blog Entries
    what exactly is happening tho? Like what type of negative effects could this possibly yield?
    Going in and out can start to build up scare tissue if your angles keep changing. This can take a while but it can still happen

Quote Originally Posted by RANA View Post
    Going in and out can start to build up scare tissue if your angles keep changing. This can take a while but it can still happen
    i see

elfin1mf is offline Associate Member
    So changing angles is bad? I was afraid of this, I have always tried to rotate injection sites as much as possible and use at least similar angles. What do you think about the mark from the previous injection? Should you go right next to it with roughly the same angle or should you inject far away from the last needle mark until it is faded away completely?

And man, your fear will go away soon. I shook the first week of injections as well but now I actually enjoy injecting and it takes me 1/10 the time to do it as before. Just think about the results you will get and keep your injections clean.

What do you guys think about swabbing the needle with isopropyl. I always do this (before pinning not after of course)
    Last edited by elfin1mf; 11-27-2009 at 05:16 PM.

JinNtonic is offline Member
    Relax

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elfin1mf View Post
    What do you guys think about swabbing the needle with isopropyl. I always do this (before pinning not after of course)
    It is recommended NOT to do this because the alcohol may cause some burning. It is recommended to squeeze a TINY bit of gear out of the needle and let it slide down the needle. This will help lubricate the needle when you inject. I finished my cycle a few weeks ago and am on PCT right now but I never truly got use to doing the injections. They get easier but it was never anything I looked forward to doing. Just take your time and try to relax as much as possible. Taking a hot shower helps and it even softens the skin making the injection just a tad bit easier. It doesn't hurt at all but there is just something about sticking a needle in yourself.

Blog Entries
    So changing angles is bad? I was afraid of this, I have always tried to rotate injection sites as much as possible and use at least similar angles. What do you think about the mark from the previous injection? Should you go right next to it with roughly the same angle or should you inject far away from the last needle mark until it is faded away completely?

And man, your fear will go away soon. I shook the first week of injections as well but now I actually enjoy injecting and it takes me 1/10 the time to do it as before. Just think about the results you will get and keep your injections clean.

Rotating your injections is correct, inject in the same area only once a week.

What I meant by different angles is going in and out on one injecting is where you can start building up scare tissue, not injection in that area once a week.

do you guys actually switch pins out every injection? I usually reuse mine at least 5 or 10 times. I thought the isopropyl might help with sterility as well. Never really burned for me. I guess I am too worried about sterility?

Blog Entries
    do you guys actually switch pins out every injection? I usually reuse mine at least 5 or 10 times. I thought the isopropyl might help with sterility as well. Never really burned for me. I guess I am too worried about sterility?
    Serious? Yes of course you switch out. How sterile do you think you can get it using it over and over again by cleaning it with isopropyl?

5-10 times, your needle will start to get dull and can become painful, why not spend a few extra pennies for needles?

You method is not sterile and/or wise!

CaliPhotog is offline Associate Member

No need to even use pins if you just snort all your gear! lol. Dude!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Holy hell, snorting tren , re-using pins, wow, just wow.

OP, just relax, you will get used to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post

I just realized he was the tren snorter.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliPhotog View Post
    No need to even use pins if you just snort all your gear! lol. Dude!
    LOL maybe that was why he started that other thread he was going broke having to change pins every month or so and figured he could save a couple cents by just snorting it brilliant.

thrill12 is offline New Member
    Wow are you serious? That's just stupid.

OP just relax. Take a Vicodin

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    bah humbug I have been shooting once a week into either qaud for the last four years. 90% more into my right than my left and I have zero scar tissue. I change the angles and shit and I have zero problems. You are worrying about nothing.

I used 2 needles PER injection. I would use one to draw the oil out of the vile and then switch needles before injecting. The simple act of pushing the pin into the vile will cause the needle to dull. You want the sharpest needle possible.

Be safe...

Why is everyone telling me 2 relax? relax about what? i look forward to shots, i just dont wanna potentially damage anything.

Triple Stack is offline Associate Member
    I've been injecting for many years & I still get a slight adrenalin pump everytime. It's a mixture of excitement & worry - I love getting infused with the juice but also worry about keeping everything sterile during the ritual, hitting veins, nerves, etc. so I'm never fully relaxed.

If you cannot overcome it totally, best to embrace it & work with it. It'll all be fine.

As to the post about re-using needles 10x, I did that a couple cycles back in the mid-1990's when there was really no online shopping & I couldn't get a local source. It sucked & was like hitting my leg with a sledgehammer. And it was test suspension to boot!

No reason nowadays to re-use needles. Enjoy the luxury of a fresh one every time. AR-R has them cheap!

To clarify, I toss the pin when it gets dull. If it is ever uncomfortable it is garbage of course. I used to suck at keeping it from getting dull, but as my injection skill has improved so has the ability to keep the needle sharp. I like to fill my entire syringe full though as to not poke up my rubber mesh on my stoppers too much for fear of poking tiny or invisible chunks of rubber into my gear. I guess from now on I will just change it up every time. I never had a problem though. I can definitely just screw a new needle on my syringe though right? I do not need to use a new syringe each injection? I was just using a new syringe whenever it was empty of a full load of gear and a new needle whenever it dulled at all. Yea the money is really no problem syringes w/ needles at the pharmacy are 20 - 30cents a piece. I got a pack of needles only online and it was only like 3 bucks. Online has much better selection than the pharmacy.

Big
    Why is everyone telling me 2 relax? relax about what? i look forward to shots, i just dont wanna potentially damage anything.
    Look you started a thread about jittery hands while injecting, so we said to relax. Why are we telling you that? Is it really that hard to piece together?

Make sure you change the needle and the syringe EVERY TIME you inject.

Look you started a thread about jittery hands while injecting, so we said to relax. Why are we telling you that? Is it really that hard to piece together?
    oh yeah, good point.

But seeing as how most guys on here take alot of shit, you can definetly see why someone wouldnt be nervous but still have jittery hands, cant you? ex: clen , micheal j. fox, some redline PW

Big
    My bad, I was just trying to help. I assumed if you were Michael J. Fox you would have mentioned that.

csmokingman is offline New Member
    like many people have said before change the needle after you draw your juice from the vials. relax as much as possible. you really want to go in as straight as possible and more importantly not wiggle the needle once its in you. If you are jerking around the needle your going to rip up more tissue around the injection site. you may want a friend to inject for you. i have a buddy who cant watch the injection or do it himself because he gets dizzy and feels like passing out. its much easier to give an injection to someone other than yourself.

think about getting stabbed with a screw driver in the chest...

what would cause more damage?

getting stabbed straight in and straight out or getting stabbed and having someone jerk around the screwdriver while its inside you.

chrisworrell is offline Junior Member
    i personally dont change the needle after i draw, but i always use a new needle every time.

csmokingman is offline New Member
    if you are reusing needles you are nuts, sure you can try to disinfect them but why take the risk?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by csmokingman View Post
    if you are reusing needles you are nuts, sure you can try to disinfect them but why take the risk?
    really BAD idea

Thread Information