BennyLom is offline Associate Member

Question How to get cholesterol levels down?

Hey guys,
    I took a look at some previous lab work and I see my LDL cholesterol steadily going up and up over the last 5 years (have every year data). On my last test (6 months ago), total cholesterol was a whopping 265! (reference 5-199) with LDL accounting for 178 (reference 0-99).

I am young (late 20's) and in very good shape. I train good and I eat good and I have never been on cycle nor am I on cycle right now.

I want to bring my cholesterol levels down pre-cycle but I cannot pinpoint any problem other than possibly genetics.

Apart from general advice on salt intake, what can I do to safely reduce cholesterol?

Thanks a bunch.

alpmaster is offline Member
    Increase your amounts of healthy fats, mainly o m e g a 3 fatty acids (fish oil supplement). So add healthy oils like olive oil, macadamia nut oil, etc to some meals, eat more fish, and get an EFA supplement. Increase your cardio and cut back on saturated fats and you should be on track soon enough.

Are you on cycle right now?

Someguy123 is offline Member
    i have genetically high cholesterol. and it seems nothing helps it. i was told to try lechithin, you can get it at the health food store. but i havent tried it yet, so i cant report any results. but its something you could look into.

Thread Information