mrutah is offline Junior Member

a few questions and thanks for the help

Hey guys I just wanted to thank everyone for the information, I was pretty ignorant before, I have been bodybuilding for years and competing in natural shows so I was always the guy that said well if I took steroids I would look like that too, or I would say well people that use steroids don't even need to eat right or train, but I was extremly wrong.

But I do have a few more questions that I just can't seem to find.

I have heard that your body can only digest and break down so much protein at one time and even daily, but I have read that some people say they eat up to 3 grams per pound of bodyweight. So the question is does the fact that extra testosterone increase protein synthisis does that make you able to eat far more protein than normal and actually break it down and use it for muscle tissue? I have always eatin alot of protein but just wondering if the test can do more for muscle with more protein.

The next question is I have read alot of guys upset because they are not seeing the gains they want but they are really trying not to gain bad excess fat. But instead of doing it as a natural would and eat 500 cals above maintenance to gain slowly without the fat can you benifit from going 1000 to 1500 above maintenance to take advantage of the extra test and the ability to put on muscle faster?

thanks for all the help

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    Ok .... Protein breakdown doesn't equal digestion.

But yes if you use test ur bodys protein synthesis increases and yes you should eat more to take advantage.....
    There is no study that shows how much protein can be eaten and used and up to how many grams ur body can't digest anymore of it...

I think that u should go by trial and error... If ur pooping and farting and peeing too much I think it's a good sign that ur eating more than you can handle....And about the calories... If they are calories from protein.... Or cabrs or fats ...if they are extra(body doesn't need to use them at the time u ate them; they all have the same fate... Being stored as fat), on the other hand if ur protein synthesis increases enough and ur body uses all of it at the time u eat it... Give or take digestion times for different proteins ... U will just grow more muscle

Thread Information