sweezy is offline Associate Member

Can High Estrogen hinder Gains ?

I know low estro can hinder gains ..Can estrogen being too high limit gains ? My gains have come to a standstill.

625mg - Sustanon
    900mg - EQ
    50mg - DBOL

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes high estorgen can cause problems, are you running anthing else?

no just the gear..what kind of problems ?

Exilus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sweezy View Post
    no just the gear..what kind of problems ?
    Boobies!!

I;m not showing any signs of gyno..I'm just not seeing any more gains..Should I stop and do a PCT ? Been on for 20weeks..
    Last edited by sweezy; 12-07-2009 at 08:17 PM.

art
    art is offline Junior Member
    What do you mean under 'gains'? Bodywheight, strenght or smth else?
    Because if you for example aren't getting heavier you may improve quality of muscle mass.

Strength , Body mass..It seems like I am just maintaining.
    When I added the dbol I didn't even feel a boost...

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    uve been on cycle for 20 weeks, thats most likely the problem

steroids loose theirs effects the longer your on them because the body adapts, it raises hormones like cortisol, increases insulin tolerance, less androgen sensitivity etc

its usually the reason why people see their best gains usually within a period of 6-8 weeks, becuase blood levels of steroids are high and rising, while the body hasnt adapted to the steroids

u need to come off the gear now, ur bodys adapting and ur platueing becuase of it

with your level of dosages the body shouldnt be platueing unless uve been on to long

since uve been on it 20 weeks id be pretty confident in saying that ur body has 99% adapted

IF you were to increase the dosage you would see some smaller gains, NOTHING special, but u would raise likelyness of side effects becuase ud be reaping all the side effects of the steroids, while only benefiting a small amount of muscle building effects since ur bodys adapted to the level of gear

just think of it this way, right now your reaping all the side effects of steroids and their damage

while receiving close to none of their muscle building effects

Start ur PCT now, ur just waisting gear, and raising chances of more side effects and worsening existing or emerging ones
    Last edited by ranging1; 12-08-2009 at 06:17 AM.

That was my thought..I'm gonna do a 4 month PCT and start fresh...

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It is normal for gains to dry up (or at least slow down) after the first few months. The culprit is most probably myostatin, which we can't do anything about (yet). It definitely has nothing to do with high SHBG, AR downregulation, or high cortisol, since these are all improved by high androgen levels.

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    It is normal for gains to dry up (or at least slow down) after the first few months. The culprit is most probably myostatin, which we can't do anything about (yet). It definitely has nothing to do with high SHBG, AR downregulation, or high cortisol, since these are all improved by high androgen levels.
    what are you on about, these factors are all increased the longer you are on steroids , its the body just adapting

do some research and ull see so

Glad to hear your starting PCT, when your all done and had a break let us know what your future cycle is

BEST luck on PCT, i hate it lol

biggerguns is offline Associate Member
    I;m not showing any signs of gyno..I'm just not seeing any more gains..Should I stop and do a PCT ? Been on for 20weeks..
    20weeks?? No wonder yor gains have stopped. Too long.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    diet

Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post
    what are you on about, these factors are all increased the longer you are on steroids , its the body just adapting

Glad to hear your starting PCT, when your all done and had a break let us know what your future cycle is

BEST luck on PCT, i hate it lol
    I know I hate it too..I'm Thinking of a couple options on my next cycle..Gonna take the next couple months off and recuperate...

Nope. I've done a shit-ton of research, and I've seen graphs displaying decreasing levels SHBG, and cortisol with 20 week cycles. I've also been told by a number of chemists (like Pat Arnold and Matt Cahill) that strong androgens upregulate the AR. Do some research of your own and look into myostatin. Until then, you're just parroting decades old bro-science.
    Oh, and please don't assume that I'm a newb because I just joined this site recently, I can be found on plenty of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Nope. I've done a shit-ton of research, and I've seen graphs displaying decreasing levels SHBG, and cortisol with 20 week cycles. I've also been told by a number of chemists (like Pat Arnold and Matt Cahill) that strong androgens upregulate the AR. Do some research of your own and look into myostatin. Until then, you're just parroting decades old bro-science.
    Oh, and please don't assume that I'm a newb because I just joined this site recently, I can be found on plenty of others.
    Bonaparte does this mean the AAS starts to lose effect @ 20 weeks ?

Bonaparte does this mean the AAS starts to lose effect @ 20 weeks ?
    uhhh...yeah. Did you think that you could keep gaining at a good rate indefinitely? AAS won't really lose their effect, it is just that you will plateau and new gains will be difficult to come by until you come off or lower the dose (as per blast and cruise) for several months, giving your body a chance to lower myostatin back to normal levels.

graeme87 is offline Member
    uve been on cycle for 20 weeks, thats most likely the problem

steroids loose theirs effects the longer your on them because the body adapts, it raises hormones like cortisol, increases insulin tolerance, less androgen sensitivity etc

its usually the reason why people see their best gains usually within a period of 6-8 weeks, becuase blood levels of steroids are high and rising, while the body hasnt adapted to the steroids

u need to come off the gear now, ur bodys adapting and ur platueing becuase of it

with your level of dosages the body shouldnt be platueing unless uve been on to long

since uve been on it 20 weeks id be pretty confident in saying that ur body has 99% adapted

IF you were to increase the dosage you would see some smaller gains, NOTHING special, but u would raise likelyness of side effects becuase ud be reaping all the side effects of the steroids, while only benefiting a small amount of muscle building effects since ur bodys adapted to the level of gear

just think of it this way, right now your reaping all the side effects of steroids and their damage

while receiving close to none of their muscle building effects

Start ur PCT now, ur just waisting gear, and raising chances of more side effects and worsening existing or emerging ones
    I disagree

Then why do your gains come to a stop ? I always run long cycles and there comes a point where no matter what I take , I can't gain...

Firstly you have to adapt your diet to your extra size. Fro example starting a cycle at 200lbs you’ll need say 300g of protein a day if your 220lbs in week 12 you’ll need to be eating more than 300g of protein to gain.

There is also that the body gains a lot of water weight in the early and mid weeks of a cycle (depending on the compound) a lot of early gains are water and muscle so when the body stops gain water the gains seem smaller as its only muscle.

There also the priming factor, if you prime before a cycle with low carbs your body will explode in size when extra cabs are added and super fast growth can occur for a few weeks (look at Marcus’s post of priming particularly before short blast cycles)

Also we all plateau at points in our training, this could be an other factor.

I could go on and on listing possible reasons why gains stop but to be honest I don’t know but to my knowledge there is no evidence to say that androgen receptors down regulate and so I doubt it’s because you’ve been on cycle too long and the body has got used to the gear.

If they did people on TRT would need there dosage increased constantly.

Also look at the pro’s they don’t cycle 12 weeks on and off and the cruising doses they use are higher than what some of us cycle.

I personally cruise and have no trouble with gains.

There is a good thread on here about a guy running a 6 month long cycle (I forget who) do a search for it.

I hear what you are saying but I haven't gained on my strength or weight in a couple weeks..I even added Dbol 2 weeks ago and I still haven't gained...I understand diet has a lot to do with it..How much more do you have to adjust the calories ?

It's hard to say without any figures.

What did you weight at the start of the cycle and how many calories did you use to bulk?

How much weight did you gain and what is your weight at now?

Although I like long cycles I would like to point out the longer you stay on the harder recovery will be. I don’t have this concern since I’m on HRT for life so you may want to consider your recovery before extending the cycle.
    With that being said you can definitely gain after 20 weeks if you choose to extend the cycle. If you eat you will grow. Try adding 250 calories to your diet (protein and carbs) if that doesn’t work try 500.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

I know low estro can hinder gains ..Can estrogen being too high limit gains ? My gains have come to a standstill.

625mg - Sustanon
    900mg - EQ
    50mg - DBOL
    Yes indeed,,,it can cause many problems.

Thread Information