sfour_tay is offline Member

Physical for ploice acadamey???? Test for steroids.

Any one with knowlage or experince in law enforcment know if they test for sauce on the initial physical. No need to give me personal I for since I know it's a touchy subject.

It's probably going to be brought up anyways so I'll jst say it. I'm not a
    nark Nore do I care about steroid use . It's a stupid law put inplace due to ignorence and people caring to much about baseball.

I seeno reason why law enforcmet and firefighters should be aloud to enhance. I think that they should have every edge. So if your goin to start a
    rant save it. All I want to know about is the blood work and testing.

If you don't feel comfortable posting in the open the. Shoot me a pm.

Thanks
    e

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    I would doubt they actually test for it...cost too much money. They will ask you about drugs on the polygraph and may mention steroids in particular if you look like you might take them. Remember they can't actually tell if you are lying, just if you had any reaction to a question so be calm and breath steadily(most important thing). Also be prepared to answer follow up questions if you have a reaction. Make up something like you almost tried drugs once and that's what you were thinking about when he asked the question or something like that. People fail because the examiner gets them to admit they lied...do that and your done. Better to admit minor drug use or have a story cooked up as to why you might react to that question.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    If it is anything like the Military, they will only test for Cocaine, Marijuana and MDMA. Maybe an additional narcotic.

I have no problem telling the whole truth. As far as I know the polygraph is only a test to see if you will lie. Nit to get info from you.

Just wondering if they test your test levels?

I think that lying is worse than a past history of drug use.
    I never lie on my background checks.

MisterMaster is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKuntry1984 View Post
    I think that lying is worse than a past history of drug use.
    I never lie on my background checks.
    Agreed.

Buying and selling steroids is illegal. But I've never heard of anyone going to jail because they "used" them in the past. You may lose an Olympic medal and have your name plastered all over the National Enquirer, but you're not worried about that, are you?

Anyway, good luck with joining the force.

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    I agree, never lie if you don't have to. They are more concerned with your honesty/integrity than they are with past drug use (within reason), however, current drug use is another story. If you are currently taking drugs (even steroids ) and admit to it they will most likely pass on you and take another candidate.

Well by the time I go in for interview I'll be off and should be out of my system. I'm trying to get a script so I can say I was self adminstering trt. And it was just cheaper to get it off the street. That is if they ask

darkcrayz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMER View Post
    Well by the time I go in for interview I'll be off and should be out of my system. I'm trying to get a script so I can say I was self adminstering trt. And it was just cheaper to get it off the street. That is if they ask
    they will ask. i did the background check for los angeles sheriff, the questionnaire for drugs was 8 pages alone. they will ask.

something i learned while going through process is that if its not on paper its between you and god and they dont need to know. i learned the hardway, its better to lie then tell the truth. it can kick you in the ass.

I wonder how long I would have to be off for them to consider it past use ?

i know signal hill and santa ana, in california, specifically mention no steriod use for 5 years. if within that time dq.

it depends on what department you are testing with and how they feel about it. do you know anybody where you are applying that could ask around for you so you dont have to admit to it if you dont need to?

los angeles sheriff wanted to know entire drug history.

los angeles police only wanted 3 years history, i believe.
    Last edited by darkcrayz; 12-09-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: mistake

some pd's dont care, some do. you have to look at it this way. you are willing to violate the law because you feel steroids arent an issue. if that is the case, what else would you violate if you were a cop?

dont get me wrong, im on your side its a joke. but that is the game they play.

lotsoftime is offline Associate Member
    Another thread of who not to talk to....

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoftime View Post
    Not exactly tough guy

rick471 is offline New Member
    I know for certain most major metro dept's do test. You wont get tested up front, but you usually have to have a drug test done right before you start the academy and that is when it is done.

They dont test for specific steroids , just ratios of testosterone :estrogen. Where a certain ratio will get you kicked regardless of what you took.

r1ride81 is offline New Member
    i think it depends on the town and their funding

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoftime View Post
    wtf does that mean.

Researcher is offline Associate Member
    Not for nothing bro, but you are crazy to post this in an open forum with the amount of identifying information you have on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
    Not for nothing bro, but you are crazy to post this in an open forum with the amount of identifying information you have on here.
    who me?

Researcher is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    who me?
    No, the OP.

Thinking that they won't care or won't ask about aas is pretty naive... Naeeve? Niave? w/e

and if you lie about like genius up there suggested you can be sure the poly will catch it and then they will see you have an integrity / honesty issue, and then yur fuct. I actually LOL'd reading him say that

Thanks for the advice bros. All advice is appreciated.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    fukn hell how accurate is a poly? sounds well dodgy to me. glad we just get the plain old grilling over here lol

Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    fukn hell how accurate is a poly? sounds well dodgy to me. glad we just get the plain old grilling over here lol
    it depends. The machine takes in stats from everything from you shifting your weight to twitching your eyes or a change in blood pressure. It records these as feedback and then AFTER the interview, the examiner will spend a few hours alone diagnosing the data. The operator is the "lie detector", not the machine.

OP: most of the processes it examines are subconscious, so good luck if you plan to try and beat it. I would put your odds at less than 1%, and if you want to risk it let me know how it goes as I would be quite interested to see the outcome. Remember when you get caught lieing you can consider yourself blacklisted. As if a police force would let a liar in to a proffession where you have to testify in court every other week, and all the judge can go on is your honesty

No offense but I know that some countries or areas of countries have "less skilled" police forces than what I am used to seeing here in Canada, where a 3 year "constable" or lowest ranking officer earns 80,000 plus benefits... so perhaps some forces would be easier to lie to

edit: wanting to clarify that I got this info from my cousin who's a cop, and that I'm not just pulling it out of my ass or off google
    Last edited by thenextcutler; 12-10-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thenextcutler View Post
    Thinking that they won't care or won't ask about aas is pretty naive... Naeeve? Niave? w/e

and if you lie about like genius up there suggested you can be sure the poly will catch it and then they will see you have an integrity / honesty issue, and then yur fuct. I actually LOL'd reading him say that
    no it doesnt. and you can argue the poly. the poly is not admissible in court because it is not full proof nor accurate. you can laugh all you want but you obviously have not talked to enough cops, or gone through the hiring process. the only way people get caught is they confess after they think they have been caught; that is when integrity becomes an issue.
    Last edited by darkcrayz; 12-10-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Loaded61 is offline Junior Member
    Any one with knowlage or experince in law enforcment know if they test for sauce on the initial physical. No need to give me personal I for since I know it's a touchy subject.

It's probably going to be brought up anyways so I'll jst say it. I'm not a
    nark Nore do I care about steroid use . It's a stupid law put inplace due to ignorence and people caring to much about baseball.

I seeno reason why law enforcmet and firefighters should be aloud to enhance. I think that they should have every edge. So if your goin to start a
    rant save it. All I want to know about is the blood work and testing.

If you don't feel comfortable posting in the open the. Shoot me a pm.

Thanks
    e
    Sauce as in cocaine? ifso it wont matter unless you like do it thhe day before the test because it only stays in the system for a day tops...but if you do it everyday then thats a different story

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    no it doesnt. and you can argue the poly. the poly is not admissible in court because it is not full proof nor accurate. you can laugh all you want but you obviously have not talked to enough cops, or gone through the hiring process. the only way people get caught is they confess after they think they have been caught; that is when integrity becomes an issue.
    I'm not wanting to start any debate, and I apologize if my blunt comment seemed insulting (that's just my sense of humor) but to be fair I did get my information from a family member who has worked on and off with major crimes, and has spoken a lot with their polygraphers

admissible in court? no.
    used as grounds for exclusion in a hiring process? absolutely (in my cousin's force anyways), there isn't a judge or court of law that says they can't turf you from the selection

As far as I know the force I am considering uses the poly as truth verifyication. They can not dismiss you for what you admit. Only if you lie.

I will not lie. I will tell 100% the truth and if I get dq then I will ask what I can do to gve my self better chances next time and go on.

I'm young so the stupid mistakes I have made are
    still fresh in my past. I'll just have to deal.

alfredjr18 is offline New Member

Smile Instant Drug Test Kits

I know they do pre-employment drug test, but not 100% sure on the
    steroid . Most places don't probably, since it is expensive and most places
    don't have the budget for it.

Thread Information