Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tripmachine is offline Senior Member

arm wrestling while on cycle... DON'T DO IT... please help.

So I posted this in the 'injuries / rehab' but honestly there is like no one in there ever really it seems.... I am posting here because I currently am on cycle and need some help quickly to see what I should do about my arm... please if you don't mind can you help me out here?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...22#post4981322

Those are my questions and what happened to my arm Thanks everyone!

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    So I posted this in the 'injuries / rehab' but honestly there is like no one in there ever really it seems.... I am posting here because I currently am on cycle and need some help quickly to see what I should do about my arm... please if you don't mind can you help me out here?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...22#post4981322

Those are my questions and what happened to my arm Thanks everyone!
    i tweeked mine 7yrs ago during the same drunken stupidy, still get recuring pain from it

damnit!!!!! this is horrible... please anyone know what I can do for my arm?? What a shitty thing this feeling is... seriously it makes me not able to workout shoulders, arms, back, chest.... wtf. =(

Blog Entries
    ice it for ten mins every 2hrs, this helps clear it afta a few days 4 me, but if youve done the ligaments/tendons it will keep recuring like tennis elbow. incidently, the only time it doesnt affect me is wen on cycle

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    Have you got someone specialized in injuries to that area to look at it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    they will just tell him wat i have, nothing they can do, ice and wear an arm support

Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    ice it for ten mins every 2hrs, this helps clear it afta a few days 4 me, but if youve done the ligaments/tendons it will keep recuring like tennis elbow. incidently, the only time it doesnt affect me is wen on cycle
    I will try this... this actually happened to me a little over a year ago and i'm not sure what it was from but i would ice it and take glucosamine. The pain ended up going away for the most part but i never did heavy triceps again... i skip doing skull crushers now a days as well is over head extensions with dumbbells. It makes my arm hurt when i do that sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    I have not... I might make an appointment to go to my regular doctor but then I'm sure he'll just refer me to someone else etc.... etc.. If my insurance makes it all free i have no worries other than getting the time off work but if it costs money I can't afford anything right at the moment. =/ I guess I'll have to check it out. Was curious if anyone knew what it might be from the sounds of it...

If anyone didn't click the link in my first post please do.... i have more info up on what happened. Thanks so much!!

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    lincoln hawk, go see a doc and have them make sure u didnt do any damage.
    until then i would do the ice thing..

did ur freind bull harley also hurt his arm?

sometimes my arm feels completely normal..... at other times out of no where it has this heart beating pain to it no matter if my arm is laying down next to me on my bed or supported etc... during workouts it seems i still CAN workout but i feel the pain.... but i continue to workout because it's not horrible unless i'm doing certain things... it's pretty bad though i just try to block it out because i don't want to skip working out. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post

hahahaha i don't know if he hurt his arm or not.... probably not but this has happened to me in the past. For some reason I didn't think of arm wrestling hurting me again until after the fact... i was soooo pissed i made that decision, seriously. =/ I will ice it throughout the day today. Any supps you can recommend? glucosamine? calcium? etc.. ? Thanks guys

Blog Entries
    funnily enuf its squats tht brings mine back again, big pressure on the elbows. yeah 4got the glucosamine, good stuff, takes a month or so to kick in, being on cycle will benefit too, as i said neva have bother with it whilst on, must be lubricating the joint

funnily enuf its squats tht brings mine back again, big pressure on the elbows. yeah 4got the glucosamine, good stuff, takes a month or so to kick in, being on cycle will benefit too, as i said neva have bother with it whilst on, must be lubricating the joint
    well part of my cycle is 600mg of npp / week.... that i'm hoping will help out a lot too... but we'll see... I'll keep on the glucosamine for now and hope for the best... thanks for all your help and understanding.

Anyone else with any ideas or help, I'd love to hear suggestions... I'm open to anything to get this all better, i forgot how shitty injuries are when you're on cycle... absolutely HORRIBLE

all kidding aside, u should get one of those cables in ur car like lincoln hawk had in his truck in over the top.
    the one that allows u to do one arm pushdowns while driving...

then and only then will ur arm be strong enough.....

all kidding aside, u should get one of those cables in ur car like lincoln hawk had in his truck in over the top.
    the one that allows u to do one arm pushdowns while driving...

then and only then will ur arm be strong enough.....
    lol i know you said all kidding aside.... but are you kidding? haha... i'm open if you truly think that will help but sometimes just carrying my laptop bag starts to hurt my arm... pretty sh!tty..

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Go see your dr and more than likely he will give you an anti inflamatory for a couple weeks. If that doesn't work he may refer you to a physical therapist. If it's by dr's refferal your insurance should cover it.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ahh the ole drunken arm wrestling bit,,, i did that shite one tiime,, fkd my elbow all up,, was like tendonitis for 3 months,, its gonna take time to heal

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Forgot to mention.... I had a coworker last year that was arm wrestling at a bar one night and his forearm snapped. It was a nasty sight and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    ahh the ole drunken arm wrestling bit,,, i did that shite one tiime,, fkd my elbow all up,, was like tendonitis for 3 months,, its gonna take time to heal
    yeah i figured all i can do are a few minimal things and give it time.. =/

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Forgot to mention.... I had a coworker last year that was arm wrestling at a bar one night and his forearm snapped. It was a nasty sight and sound.
    ewww that sounds really shitty.... luckily my forearms are my best muscle on my body... they are beefy compared to the rest... popeye syndrome ;b

"over the top"

"over the top"
    ????

google: over the top

ohhh the arm wrestling movie? haha never seen it.... is it good or i'm guessing there is a scene where someones forearm gets snapped huh? that is just something i would hate to see! lol

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    I would take it ez for a while then hit some light wieghts and see what work outs bother you and which ones do not bother you. I had a rotator cuff thing a while back and had to change up my whole routine but I was able to work around it and let it heal at the same time. if it hurts at all dont do it. good luck man sorry to hear that.

pravda is offline Junior Member
    couple months ago i turned down an arm wrestling match. my right shoulder got damaged 6-7 years ago. im so glad i turned it down. they were drinking, i wasn't. hehe.
    im battling some upper back tears though, so i know what your going through.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

LMFAO! I just embarrassed myself infront of people from abruptly laughing.....

+1 moose

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

darkcrayz is offline Member
    im gonna assume you did some of rotator cuff damage. id go see a dr and get an mri and see if you tore something or its just severe sprain.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    im gonna assume you did some of rotator cuff damage. id go see a dr and get an mri and see if you tore something or its just severe sprain.
    its his elbow,,

OP seriously i know the exact same pain your feelin,, i get it alot when throwin the football to much,, with arm wrestling it will stick around alot longer though

its his elbow,,

OP seriously i know the exact same pain your feelin,, i get it alot when throwin the football to much,, with arm wrestling it will stick around alot longer though
    damnit!!! yeah man the pain seems gone sometimes throughout the day.... but then just out of NO WHERE it comes and my arm is a heart beating painful mess...... even just laying there sucks miserably.

soooooo should i continue my cycle even if i can't lift very well for a few weeks? what if i can only lift very minimal? I don't mind continuing it but i'd better watch my diet and not let the whole not lifting as much or as I want to throw my diet or anything off otherwise i might be in some trouble.... opinions on my cycle would be great...

biggerguns is offline Associate Member
    Pain will go away in about 6-7 days. Continue cycle. Dont do exercises with arms for about 2 weeks. DO NOT do exercises that mimic armwrestling movements.
    Last edited by biggerguns; 12-10-2009 at 08:46 PM.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    soooooo should i continue my cycle even if i can't lift very well for a few weeks? what if i can only lift very minimal? I don't mind continuing it but i'd better watch my diet and not let the whole not lifting as much or as I want to throw my diet or anything off otherwise i might be in some trouble.... opinions on my cycle would be great...
    I would go to a DR and have some tests done on it.

darkcrayz is offline Member
    its his elbow,,

damn, missed that part

Quote Originally Posted by biggerguns View Post
    Pain will go away in about 6-7 days. Continue cycle. Dont do exercises with arms for about 2 weeks. DO NOT do exercises that mimic armwrestling movements.
    well i already let it sit a little over two weeks and the pain would come and go as it pleases... three nights ago i worked out chest.. it sucked but i was able to do cable flys, dumbbell pull overs, and hammer strength incline... next night my arm was a achey heart beating pain. I did shoulders last night and everything for the most part seemed fine.... no pain yet.. I probably won't do back / bi's for a while depending on how it's feeling.

I've been icing it since yesterday and started taking glucosamine as well... I'm going to ice it throughout the day here at work as well. I have had this happen once before summer 2008 and really i just had to wait it out... I wanted to get more feedback on the matter though and I appreciate everyones input!! :]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    lol, sure it was his ankle?!

Blog Entries
    well i already let it sit a little over two weeks and the pain would come and go as it pleases... three nights ago i worked out chest.. it sucked but i was able to do cable flys, dumbbell pull overs, and hammer strength incline... next night my arm was a achey heart beating pain. I did shoulders last night and everything for the most part seemed fine.... no pain yet.. I probably won't do back / bi's for a while depending on how it's feeling.

I've been icing it since yesterday and started taking glucosamine as well... I'm going to ice it throughout the day here at work as well. I have had this happen once before summer 2008 and really i just had to wait it out... I wanted to get more feedback on the matter though and I appreciate everyones input!! :]
    do deadlifts for your back, tht is if its only painfull wen ur bending the elbow and leave out everything else tht involves bending it, a week or so wont set u back much, it'll b beta in the long run

shiity thing is youll think it has gone away then when you do a exercise it will just reaggrevate it again

iron minded is offline Banned
    I always think of R.I.C.E

REST ICE COMPRESSION ELAVATION

If its a long term injury that wont go away i would ask your doctor about a cortisone injection which will solve theprob. 95 % of the time..
    As for long term solutions Im not sure what would happen hopefully the jab would give it time to heal providing you dont overwork it, like the guys have been saying.

about cortisone: http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/pain.../cortisone.htm
    Last edited by iron minded; 12-11-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iron minded View Post
    I always think of R.I.C.E

REST ICE COMPRESSION ELAVATION

If its a long term injury that wont go away i would ask your doctor about a cortisone injection which will solve theprob. 95 % of the time..
    As for long term solutions Im not sure what would happen hopefully the jab would give it time to heal providing you dont overwork it, like the guys have been saying.

about cortisone: http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/pain.../cortisone.htm
    tht inject puts you outa training for 6wks and elevation wont do anything here

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    answered you in your other thread. its very common with arm wrestling.

iron minded is offline Banned
    tht inject puts you outa training for 6wks and elevation wont do anything here
    Theres a guy who go's to the gym whre I go. He's a powerlifter,He just said the other day hes just had a cortisone jab and hs lifting merry as ever!
    He just does power cleans and dead lifts..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information