Thread: First Cycle

Bigzy is offline New Member

First Cycle

Hello, I have been viewing the forum for about 2 weeks now and finally registered! I have been studying different meds and Ph's and have a question. First I'll explain my lifting history.

I started lifting as a young teen (around 13,14). At age 20 I was 165, 5,11 and capable of bench pressing 300, hang clean 300, squat 350 and a little over 20 pull ups. I worked every core as hard as I could between ages 18-20 and rightfully this was the time when I had my highest gains in strength.

Unfortunately I lost a job during the summer and lost many possessions including my gym membership. I fell off the workout train for a good 2 months and am now in a stable position to work out. I have a membership again and have been working out for the past 4 weeks. The time off killed my strength! When I bench I can only rep 225 at most 2 times. If I hang clean I can barely explode 180lbs up. Squat fortunately I haven't lost too much strength - however I have only been doing high rep volume rather than attempting to max out.

It being the 4th week into the workout routine again, I was hoping to see quicker gains in muscle memory or endurance. Unfortunately I'm moving up more slowly than I wish. This is why I'm researching cycles. I haven't used any creatine, ph's or steroids in the past and therefore this would be my first cycle. I weigh 170 now, so gaining weight isn't my priority; I only want to build strength. If I slim down in weight I don't mind as my body fat % has gone up sense the time off.

That said, I do not want to waste any money on a supplement that wont provide the gains I'm looking for. Which is why I have focused my attention on steroids or a ph. I have been studying a few and have a cycle plan already in mind. However I would like to absorb some feedback from those who have experience in such situations.

So, from those who understand what it's like to lose what you've had in the weight department. What would you recommend I do in my current situation to build strength back. Would it be worth taking a cycle? If so do you have a personal recommendation of what type of sup?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bigzy; 12-12-2009 at 02:29 AM.

stpete is offline Banned
    What are your CURRENT stats?
    Last edited by stpete; 12-12-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: mi

These are my current maxes *
    Bench 235
    Squat 225 * 10x
    Hang clean 195
    Pullup 1 * 17
    --- My increase is probably 5 pounds on all maxes sense coming back to gym.

My reps have picked up slightly. These are my regular sets:
    Chest -
    Bench *
    10 - 135
    10 - 185
    8 - 205
    6 - 215
    4 - Force rep 225

Flies * (include french curls/skull crushers between sets at 85lb - no breaks)
    40 * 15
    45 * 15
    50 * failure
    60 * failure

Incline dumbbell * (include lat pulldown/pullups between sets - no breaks)
    35 * 15
    40 * 10 * 2
    50 * failure
    55 * failure

Decline bar *
    135 * failure
    185 *failure * 3

Legs -
    Hang Clean *
    10 - 135 * 2
    6 - 155 * 2
    2 (or until failure) * 185

Squat *
    15 * 185 * 2
    15 * 205 * 2
    8 * 225
    8 * 225

Chair jumps (not sure the name, hold weight and jump up the table)
    25lb plate - jump till failure * 5

Majority of other work outs performed during hockey practice or training for legs (i.e bicycles, lunges, sprints, etc.).

Looking at the stats I have lost approximately 50 to 70 pounds in weight for last 2/3 reps on bench, squat and hang clean. My goal is to reach my old workout strength quickly and surpass my old strengths. I don't suspect to wake up in 2 weeks and think I can bench 300 again, however I want to see noticeable improvements much quicker than I am currently seeing. I have a very competitive mindset and my time off has set me far back. By now without the break I'd be hoping to set new records for myself. Instead I'm trying to get past the same weight limits I had when I was 18 (I'm 21 now).

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    When we mean stats it is the following:
    hgt:
    bf%:
    cycle experience:

fizler is offline Associate Member

Gotcha.

wgt: 170
    hgt: 6,0
    bf%:last checked in November 11%
    cycle experience: No experience

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    get your diet and training in check for a while and get yourself back. AT 170 and 6' you have tons of growing natty to do.

fizler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    get your diet and training in check for a while and get yourself back. AT 170 and 6' you have tons of growing natty to do.
    This, and I wouldn't have said it so nice.

cybernox is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fizler View Post
    This, and I wouldn't have said it so nice.
    lol . Diet needs a check.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    at 6'0: with proper diet and training you should be able to hit 210-215lbs natural.
    I realize that you stated that you don't want to gain size, but strength comes with size. Also, in this forum we use body weight to convey size and strength compared to a persons height.

Now, here's my thoughts: You've only been back at it for four weeks. let's see where you are in four months. Muscle memory is a great thing; but nothing happens overnight and 4 weeks is the same as overnight.

my.02

Thank you for the responses. I realize a proper diet is very important to gaining strength. I am first to admit my diet doesn't follow strict guidelines. I have a very high metabolism so I eat a lot of junk food (lots of bread - pizza). I generally eat a lot throughout the day and not enough green. The problem is I don't like the taste of much green food.

Thank you for your recommendations. To repeat what you have said, in your opinion I shouldn't jump to a cycle at this time. Instead fix the diet with intense training.

I'll be honest and say studying trials and tests people of this forum, which describe the gains in strength and weight, makes me anxious and hungry for the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzy View Post
    Thank you for the responses. I realize a proper diet is very important to gaining strength. I am first to admit my diet doesn't follow strict guidelines. I have a very high metabolism so I eat a lot of junk food (lots of bread - pizza). I generally eat a lot throughout the day and not enough green. The problem is I don't like the taste of much green food.

Thank you for your recommendations. To repeat what you have said, in your opinion I shouldn't jump to a cycle at this time. Instead fix the diet with intense training.

I'll be honest and say studying trials and tests people of this forum, which describe the gains in strength and weight, makes me anxious and hungry for the same results.
    You are right. You cant just use Steroid to gain something until you have completely pushed through diet. 1 month is just a start. Maintain a diet, work hard for few months and then get back with cycle if only needed.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You need to re-design your diet and build some muscle without steroids , your to young to start steroid and if you did it will create other problems what wouldn't be good at your age...I would say buy a good creatine, quality protein powder and change your diet up, best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You need to re-design your diet and build some muscle without steroids, your to young to start steroid and if you did it will create other problems what wouldn't be good at your age...I would say buy a good creatine, quality protein powder and change your diet up, best of luck.
    And this: UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

Thread Information