arshigtx is offline Junior Member

Question about steroids in general.

I keep on hearing that you lose all your gains after a cycle. Is this true? If it is then what's the point of even going on a cycle in the first place?

I also hear people saying that you should workout for a couple years before you start a cycle, but what difference would it make if you lose your gains anyways?

Really noob question but im sure there are dozens of others on here wondering the same thing.

diesel094 is offline Associate Member
    you wont lose if you continue to work out after. there is an initial loss of strength a cycle, and some weight, often being water weight. but if you continue to train hard you will keep your gains. the reason for train years steady before a cycle is to get the full natural potential from your body before enhancing it. also, it will strengthen you ligaments and tendons so that your body can handle the heavier training and stress that your body will endevor

THE TANK 81 is offline Junior Member
    agreed. good good

barnyap is offline Associate Member
    its common sense, does ronnie coleman go back to 145lbs? does a 13 year old hit gear when he first learns howto bench press?

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    The pros eat like machines. Better the diet, better the results. I ate a great diet while I was on cycle and gained 25lbs. After PCT I went on a leaning diet and lost 10lbs. Still kept 15lbs. Now I'm 15lb heavier then when I started but with less bf%. I'm a big believer in diet.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    This has been asked before. Yes you will lose gains when steroids have taken you over your natural genetic limit. It may go quick, or may take some time. It depends on how hard you train, eat and rest after cycle that will determine the length of time you keep your new found muscle.

If Ronnie Coleman stops using AAS, he will become considerably smaller over time. Eventually looking.....normal.

You CANNOT maintain a AAS physique without AAS.
    Last edited by Bossman; 12-19-2009 at 07:45 AM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You dont lose gains, people just mistake water retention as gains. On a cycle you honestly only build a few pounds of lean muscle mass, the rest is water from having elavated estrogen levels. What determines what gains you keep is your diet while on cycle, recovery and diet when you come off.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Critical Mass is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    This has been asked before. Yes you will lose gains when steroids have taken you over your natural genetic limit. It may go quick, or may take some time. It depends on how hard you train, eat and rest after cycle that will determine the length of time you keep your new found muscle.

If Ronnie Coleman stops using AAS, he will become considerably smaller over time. Eventually looking.....normal.

You CANNOT maintain a AAS physique without AAS.
    Pretty much sums it up.

I use aas to spice up my training. Its all fun.

Sheven is offline Banned
    do not confuse gains with water + fat gains. i`m not counting on more than 2-3kg of real muscle from a medium dosed cycle and hgh. i am already having a big muscle mass and i wouldn't get here without steroids and hgh. for those that have a medium muscle mass can expect more from a medium dosed cycle but do not dream of having a cycle and getting huge for long time. bodybuilding and juicing is a long process not a short cut. i`m not losing muscle mass after cycles anymore just power.

if you ain't to much into bodybuilding and juicing and you decide just to make one or two cycles go on light cycles and take good care of your PCT with the proper meds and with natural anabolics. this way you avoid losing much after cycle.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheven View Post
    do not confuse gains with water + fat gains. i`m not counting on more than 2-3kg of real muscle from a medium dosed cycle and hgh. i am already having a big muscle mass and i wouldn't get here without steroids and hgh. for those that have a medium muscle mass can expect more from a medium dosed cycle but do not dream of having a cycle and getting huge for long time. bodybuilding and juicing is a long process not a short cut. i`m not losing muscle mass after cycles anymore just power.

if you ain't to much into bodybuilding and juicing and you decide just to make one or two cycles go on light cycles and take good care of your PCT with the proper meds and with natural anabolics. this way you avoid losing much after cycle.
    You hear of all of these stories of people adding 30 lbs their first cycle. I was so excited when on my first cycle. I was hoping to move up 2 weight classes in one season. I ended up only competing 10 lbs heavier my first season on AAS. And some of that was because my prep was better so that I didnt lose as much muscle dieting. Now I would be happy to add 5-7 lbs in the off season.

barnyap is offline Associate Member
    i dont think ronnie coleman will ever look normal

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold...

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard View Post
    The pros eat like machines. Better the diet, better the results. I ate a great diet while I was on cycle and gained 25lbs. After PCT I went on a leaning diet and lost 10lbs. Still kept 15lbs. Now I'm 15lb heavier then when I started but with less bf%. I'm a big believer in diet.
    That plus...PCT...

Mad HaTTer is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barnyap View Post
    i dont think ronnie coleman will ever look normal
    He would eventually. see: Kevin Levrone, when he took a break from BB'ing for several years.

Thanks a lot for all the replies guys. So pretty much it would be useless to just go on one cycle in your life right? I'm a pretty decently sized dude and I never want to get above 220 lb (I'm 5'11 right now, 190lb 13-15% bf). I guess I'll just stick to the natural route.

good 4 u

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    AAS is to bodybuilding like alcohol is to sex .

Quote Originally Posted by Dont wanna be old View Post
    AAS is to bodybuilding like alcohol is to sex .

Hmmm really? How so?

Alcohol has always ruined my sexual experiences.

dick is to hole like bullets is to cops

Quote Originally Posted by arshigtx View Post
    Hmmm really? How so?

dont get shitfaced just drink enough to lower ur inhibitions, go for the girl with the lazy eye or the deaf chick, you never know, u might like it

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arshigtx View Post
    Hmmm really? How so?

Maybe a poor example .
    Some people use alcohol to get sex or enhance it .
    Some people never touch alcohol have good results .

Some people drink to forgot who they slept with .

Thread Information