mikey24 is offline Associate Member

PACMAN vs MAYWEATHER

So I have been wishing and praying that this damn fight would get made but I guess for the time being and maybe forever this fight is canceled. And all because they could not agree on blood testing.So my question is what if anything is PACMAN on? PAC'S trainer Alex Ariza said he has PAC on a 7,000 calorie diet. Now if he was juicing I know for damn sure he would be a hell of alot bigger then 147lbs. What other things could he be on? I have heard HGH but I dont know enough about it to make a determination maybe someone can enlighten me.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    hGH and other peptides are virtually undetectable in a test.

He could be running a bunch of EQ or something. It is quite possible to use AAS without gaining weight, all you have to do is use an AI and/or dry compounds and eat at/below maintenance calories.

vaders4 is offline Member
    7000 calories? come on that's a little insane.

Quote Originally Posted by vaders4 View Post
    7000 calories? come on that's a little insane.
    I would be more then happy to give you a link to the article. Besides you obviously know very little about a WORLD CLASS BOXERS training regiment if you think 7,000 cals is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post

He could be running a bunch of EQ or something. It is quite possible to use AAS without gaining weight, all you have to do is use an AI and/or dry compounds and eat at/below maintenance calories.
    You are speaking of a urine test right HGH and other peptides would be undetectable in a urine test?How about a blood test?

And like I said before, and i'm quoting PAC'S trainer he said he has PAC on a 7,000 calorie a day diet. Which i can absolutely believe. I have worked out with a few boxer's before so I know their routine. During their usually 3 months prior to a fight when they are training for the fight your day starts with a 2 too 2 1/2 mile blast within the 7 too 9 minute range.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post

I dont know man I Think EQ sound a little cheap and beneath someone with PAC'S money and status lets face it this guy can most likely get his hands on stuff the average joe cannot.

I was thinking maybe something like EPO but i'm pretty sure that only helps in the endurance department. I'm pretty sure it might be HGH I think it's supposed to make you freaky strong and also add weight but only muscle no bloat like test, and Think its supposed to also help with endurance.Not for sure though wish a pro would chime in.

hmm im gonna look into getting this checked out. but 7,000 bro. heck nahh..lol

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by intensityfreak View Post
    7000 cals is completely within reason for a professional athlete busting his ass for several hours a day. Hell, Michael Phelps eats 10,000!

And OP, why is EQ not good enough for pro athletes? The Tour de France cyclists use it. Lance likely used it. Just because something is affordable, doesn't mean it sucks. Point is, he is definitely taking more than just peptides if he refuses to be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by intensityfreak View Post
    Wow I cant believe everyone's jaw is dropping at the thought of a 7,000 cal diet.Does anyone have a clue about the intensity and frequency of a pro athletes work-out routine.Well I guess the above quote just answered that for me....lol
    PACMAN is pound-for-pound champion of the WORLD for a reason. Think his grueling workouts may have something to do with it hmmmmmmmm..........

JockReborn is offline Junior Member
    I think EPO would be a good candidate for endurance....and I wouldn't think anything would be "beneath" him. We have to remember, Pac is a superstitious guy. A real creature of habbit. If he's been comfortable with something for a long time, I doubt he'd jump on some new designer drug. Hell Freddie Roach has a hard enough time just getting him out of the Phillipines or implementing new training techniques.

-J

eq isnt cheap and eq stays in your system for months no way a boxer would take eq.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey24 View Post
    I dont know man I Think EQ sound a little cheap and beneath someone with PAC'S money and status lets face it this guy can most likely get his hands on stuff the average joe cannot.

I was thinking maybe something like EPO but i'm pretty sure that only helps in the endurance department. I'm pretty sure it might be HGH I think it's supposed to make you freaky strong and also add weight but only muscle no bloat like test, and Think its supposed to also help with endurance.Not for sure though wish a pro would chime in.
    not without adding aas in the mix, id doubt the 7000k for a boxer also, know a few and they eat sparingly and exactly and carb load coming up to a fight

keith royd is offline New Member
    jay cutler is a 300lb plus bodybuilder and he claims to power down 8000 cals so a 147lb guy on 7k..unlikely.. champ or no champ.

keith royd is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey24 View Post
    So I have been wishing and praying that this damn fight would get made but I guess for the time being and maybe forever this fight is canceled. And all because they could not agree on blood testing.So my question is what if anything is PACMAN on? PAC'S trainer Alex Ariza said he has PAC on a 7,000 calorie diet. Now if he was juicing I know for damn sure he would be a hell of alot bigger then 147lbs. What other things could he be on? I have heard HGH but I dont know enough about it to make a determination maybe someone can enlighten me.
    i think you've gotta be pretty naive if you think this guy isnt jacked ask yourself this.".if you weren't juiced would you turn down a simple blood test if it was gonna cost you millions"...also why would he be a lot bigger then 147lb dont forget this guy has gone thru several weight divisions over the last few years so 147lb for him might be a hell of a lot bigger than he was origionally

Quote Originally Posted by keith royd View Post
    jay cutler is a 300lb plus bodybuilder and he claims to power down 8000 cals so a 147lb guy on 7k..unlikely.. champ or no champ.
    Do you think j.cutler does the kind of cardio or aerobic exercises a boxer does.ughhhh...most likely NO.Boxer do 95% aerobic cardio and hardly little to no weightlifting.

Quote Originally Posted by keith royd View Post
    i think you've gotta be pretty naive if you think this guy isnt jacked ask yourself this.".if you weren't juiced would you turn down a simple blood test if it was gonna cost you millions"...also why would he be a lot bigger then 147lb dont forget this guy has gone thru several weight divisions over the last few years so 147lb for him might be a hell of a lot bigger than he was origionally
    Pac-Man started his pro career in 1998 at 105lbs. Do you really think anyone not only a pro boxer with a trainer and the whole nine, can not gain 42lbs in 12 years c'mon man who's being naive? And if you know anything about the Boxing industry you would know Pac does not need Gayweather. He will make tens of millions with or without him.And yes I strongly believe if someone is superstitious you would not want to give blood so close to the fight fearing it will make you weak.

corsa5000 is offline Associate Member
    7,000 calories? a days food would probably weigh as much as him in raw form lol

BadHabits22 is offline New Member
    i have trouble eating 3000 good calories. he must either eat constantly or eat a lot of junk or something.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    this guy burns a ridiculous amount of calories daily,, i could see him needing 7k
    prb trains 8 hours a day

MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    I know some people that work for main events. I go to a ton of fights and I have met some big name boxers before including Holyfield, Gatti and Ward to name a few.

Firstly, its very doable to eat 7k calories as a boxer. The training they go through is just ridiculous. I'm not saying i have first hand knowledge, but seeing the way they train for a fight, especially someone of Pacmans' stature, its definitely plausible.

Secondly, to the person who said that he went up 7 weight classes or what not. Mayweather has won titles in 5 different weight classes. Is he on juice? I doubt it.

Both boxers have ALWAYS taken urine tests. Mayweather, fearing he may lose his first fight, is trying to play mind games and requesting blood testing to be done, which would be random. This is fine but who would want to take a blood test before a fight? And why switch it up for THIS particular fight?

Its ashame because this one fight alone may go down as the most anticipated boxing fights in history. May not be the best (hard to top Gatti/Ward and Castillo/Coralles), but definitely the most anticipated.

Mayweather is one of the best boxers I have ever seen. With that said, I think he is actin like a little **** muscle with this whole shit. Take THIS now...why would a known gambling man, who lives in the outskirts of vegas, who has the rainfall or whatever he calls it where he throws tons of money to the crowds in the club (which he had to stop because he was runnin low of money i presume), who was GUARANTEED 25+ million dollars ALONG with a percentage of pay-per-view sales which would definitely be the highest ever, play these games and threaten to walk away? Thats the question that needs to be asked.

Either way, I do not think either one of them is juiced up. Unfortunately, with Manny's side not wanting to agree to blood testing, the perception of some people now is that he is on some type of PED.

Sucks...I hope they reach some type of agreement.

boxingfan is offline New Member
    I tried making a new thread but no one replied so I'll try here:

Hoping the fine folks here can enlighten me on this recent controversy that has shocked the boxing world.

The top two boxers in the world right now are Manny Pacquiao (Philippines) and Floyd Mayweather Jr. (USA).

The last few years has lead them on a path to where they might finally meet in a historic showdown. It was supposed to take place this March, with both men standing to make upwards of 40 Million US. It was expected to be the highest grossing combat sporting evening in history.

It is now dead in the water after both sides got into a huge disagreement over unprecedented (in boxing) testing for performance enhancing drugs.

As the fight was set to take place in Las Vegas, the state of Nevada does a series of tests by taking urine samples. By the sounds of it, it's not very extensive. Regardless, this is the way it's been for some time.

The controversy started when Floyd Mayweather Jr. indirectly accused Manny Pacquiao of being on some kind of performance enhancing drugs.

The general school of thought from Mayweather's fold was that Pacquiao had moved up many weight classes in the last few years, and looks a little too powerful in bringing his power with him. In both taking the punches of larger men, and breaking them down and apart with his own punches.

To make an already long story shorter, the basic problem that ultimately ripped the fight apart was Mayweather insisting Pacquiao (and himself) undergo random olympic style drug testing (to be administered by the USADA) all during training camp, up to and including the day of the fight.

Random blood and urine tests at any time.

Initially Pacquiao refused, saying he did not want to have blood drawn in the days prior to the fight, citing it had happened once in the past and made him feel weak.

In the ensuing weeks they argued back and forth on how the additional testing would be done, and tried to find a "cutoff" date agreeable to both of them where random blood tests would be done all through their training camps, but would stop at some point prior to the fight.

Ultimately, Pacquiao's side dug their heels in at 24 days (saying they would take random blood tests any time during camp right up until 24 days out from fight night. At that point they would still permit urine tests at any time, and would give blood immediately after the fight was over in the dressing room).

Mayweather's side decided on a cutoff date 14 days before the fight and wouldn't budge.

Neither side would budge at that point.

That's where the fight fell apart. With both of then ten days apart.

If you're still reading at this point (thank you)... I'm not looking for opinions on who's at fault or anything like that. (that's all that's going in in boxing circles right now).

As a boxing fan one thing that I can't seem to get a clear answer on is this:

*IF* it was Manny Pacquiao's intention to have a window of opportunity to use some kind of banned substance...

is there anything he would be able to take and significantly benefit from if he started taking it 24 days prior to his fight?

Keep in mind the very important detail that he also agrees to give blood immediately after the fight is over.

So in theory, the fight was to take place on March 13.

Between now and Feb. 24 they can randomly take his blood for testing at any time.

Feb. 24 Manny can no longer be tested.

He fights March 13, and gives a blood test that night.

So in the 24 days between Feb. 24 and March 13: is there anything (in theory) he can take in that 24 day window that would greatly benefit him and that would still be undetectable by the night of the fight?

Alternatively, what about if it was a 14 day window?

Note: that it is not my intention in any way to insinuate that is what Paquiao's motivation is here. I am just asking because if there is genuine concern behind all of this arguing that he is going to be doing something illegal and that's why he's pushing for a window of time to be untested... is there logic / reason behind it? Or is all the arguing unwarranted in the first place if this is the major concern?

So many boxing (and sports) fans are at a loss as to why this was such a huge issue, and some additional understanding about the room there would be for cheating under those proposed dates would sure be enlightening.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

Thread Information