chiller20 is offline New Member

took finasteride came off it, similar sides to steroids

my names eddie ive been going through hell,
    ok heres the story i took propecia(finasteride) for 3 days, on the 2nd day i felt testicle pain. i quit fin after 3rd day and continued to experience testicle pain for a week,after this for two months i felt pressure in my testicles and my dick went numb and testicles hung very low..now its 6 months later and im having good days where my dick could get hard but not like it used to be, and bad days where my dick is completely numb. i also feel no sensitivity in my dick and my testicles i think are back to normal,but my nipples got much bigger..i currently been taking a multi vitamin with zinc, cranberry extract(for prostate) butchers broom, grapeseed, horse chestnut, eleuthero. and thinking about taking on my bad days horny goat weed or tribulus which my trainer recommended.....
    my questions are 1. what did finasteride do to my body according to the sides im telling you? 2.what can i do to recover?(my sides are very similar to coming off steroid sides ,hcg clomid therapy?) 3. is it better to wait it out or better to take action?

p.s. finasteride is similar to saw palmetto but stronger

doctors dont know ****...the only people who know is body builders,im really going through a living hell and almost going mad..thanks!

i know it blocks dht, but what organ does it inhibit to block the dht? and im assuming i have high estrogen cauz i got a little gyn, but i feel like its not my only problem. why would my testicles hurt for a week? doesnt make sense why i still have sides what do i do?

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    What was your dosage? What other compounds did you take within that 6 month period before?
    What are your stats and cycle experience?

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    What's your experiencing is not abnormal, google 'propecia side effects'. There are many other people in your shoes. propecia has some really bad sides for some people and they do not go away after ceasing use of the medication. I've taken it before but the horror stories scared me away from it.

IMO you are best to wait it out and hope the body can return to homeostasis

thanks for your reply rana,
    i took something called supergrowth right be4 and during finasteride use, in total i took super growth a little more than a month, but supergrowth contains all herbs so i dont think it affected anything, but it contains yshad bhasma, kukkutandatvak bhasma,triticum sativum, terminalia chebula, aloe barbara densis, conch shell ash,(but again these are all herbs,and its a topical solution and i wasnt having problems with it)

but the propecia i was taking was proscar split into 1/4, i took the propecia for 3 days total, on 2nd day i felt testicle ,quit on 3rd day,pain lasted a week,than after that my whole sex drive crashed and dick and balls went numb, my balls were like hanging mad low...and the rest is in my first post

thank you polska ,
    im really scared to just wait it out its been 6 months already, i want to take action, thx
    Last edited by chiller20; 12-23-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    What's your experiencing is not abnormal, google 'propecia side effects'. There are many other people in your shoes. propecia has some really bad sides for some people and they do not go away after ceasing use of the medication. I've taken it before but the horror stories scared me away from it.
    and when you came off it there were no sides right

The pic isn't me bro lol.

Propecia works by inhibiting the 5-AR enzyme that's responsible for DHT product via testosterone conversion. You're basically shutting that enzyme down in layman's terms. For some reason or another this enzyme stays inactive after cessation of propecia for some men. Your body is low on DHT. DHT is responsible for plenty of mechanisms in the body; it's not just a useless hormone as Merck (producer of propecia) made it out to be. DHT receptors are found in the penis, brain, spinal cord... guess what happens when you f uck around with this hormone? The three main things for sexual function (brain, spinal cord, penis) are affected. I'd rather lose my hair than my sexual function. Do some research on google, and go see a endocrinologist. Get proper blood work done and asses your situation further from there.

Quote Originally Posted by chiller20 View Post
    and when you came off it there were no sides right
    I did not have sides when I came off. But everyone's body chemistry is unique. Just because I did not have permanent sides does not mean that other people don't get them. Google 'propecia side effects'. There are forums out there devoted just to this topic

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    go talk to a diffrent doc

thanks polska, i went to a doctor endo and really they just take bloods and its within range, but the thing is even if my bloods are within range doesnt mean that its my range, and those sites scare the s**t out of me, they themselves dont know answers, so i thought mybe people knowledgable on hormones like steroid users can help me out,
    plus my trainer is gonna get me a steroid doctor which is hard to find in the u.s., mybe they can help me out. and also is there any way to increase dht, is it true if you increase test it increases dht, and is the problem that the 5 ar just stopped working and now my body has no dht, plus how does affect the prostate bec isnt it also for men with bph, and does that mean that my estrogens high(i have a lttle gyn)?

hey chuckt,
    my trainers gonna find me a steroid doctor to help me bec quite franklyn in the u.s. doctors dont know anything

any of you guys think hcg clomid is an option?

and do you know what organ finasteride inhibits to stop dht?

DHT indirectly regulates estrogen as well so it is possible that your estrogen is high without DHT present. I did get a little gyno from propecia use. finasteride does not inhibit any organs, it inhibits the ENZYME responsible for testosterone ->DHT metabolism. This is the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme.

ok thx
    so im assuming and thinking that finasteride is also for bph so could it be the prostate contains dht too and by blocking dht it also makes prostate smaller, or is there a different reason why it makes prostate smaller, and also could a messed up prostate also be the problem included with high estrogen?
    and what can i do to help out the 5ar reductase,
    plus i have a problem that theres hardly any sensititvy in my dick what caused this?

do u think hcg clomid could be tha answer bec clomid is an anti estrogen and hcg for testosterone , which i think the more test the more dht, correct?

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    DHT indirectly regulates estrogen as well so it is possible that your estrogen is high without DHT present. I did get a little gyno from propecia use. finasteride does not inhibit any organs, it inhibits the ENZYME responsible for testosterone->DHT metabolism. This is the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme.
    What were your doses of Finasteride,i am doing 1.25mg a day now and i dont seem to hAVE ANY SIDES FROM IT.i HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR 4 WEEKS NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by chiller20 View Post
    do u think hcg clomid could be tha answer bec clomid is an anti estrogen and hcg for testosterone, which i think the more test the more dht, correct?
    If your endo said all your levels were within the correct ranges then taking additional meds will not do you much good. Might want to see a different doc though. Clomid is a serm which blocks the estrogen receptor only. Arimidex or another aromatase inhibitor would be a better choice for estrogen control IMO. However if your estrogen levels are in range then there may not be a point to this. Same goes for HCG . You have to understand that you are not shut down from steroid use ; your HTPA is most likely fine. What you are experiencing is an adverse effect from finasteride use. You have less sensation in your penis more than likely because of the inability for your body to produce DHT. This is all hypothetical on my part though. Ideally you should go see an endo experienced in these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by MR10X View Post
    What were your doses of Finasteride,i am doing 1.25mg a day now and i dont seem to hAVE ANY SIDES FROM IT.i HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR 4 WEEKS NOW.
    Not all users have these sides. I took propecia for awhile as well and did not experience any sides. The fear of delayed onset of side effects scared me away from it though, as that can also happen. You can be fine for years taking it and then one day boom - no more sexual function. That's too scary a risk for me to continue using this drug

yeah erections are not the same, not as full

Thread Information