boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member

Exclamation TBI - Steroid Usage

Does anyone know of any resources regarding the use of Testosterone and the effect it may have on the Brain. I had an accident over a year ago and want to know if it will be okay to start back on the Testosterone. It will be a regular 500mg a week cycle. Any feedback would be appreciated. Also if you know of any resources I may review, please pass it along!
    Thanks,
    bw

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Can you list your stats?

Best

T

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM View Post
    Can you list your stats?

Best

T
    ...x2

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. Been busy with school. I am24 years old, weigh 195lbs. 6'0" tall, I have hit a test e/win cycle along with test prop/anavar / and win. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    BW

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    LOL the only thing i found from doing a google search is that

"Parts of the brain that influence your moods and are involved in learning and memory are called the limbic system. Anabolic steroids act in the limbic system. In animals, they have been shown to impair learning and memory. They can also lead to changes in mood, such as feelings of depression or irritability.

Anabolic steroid users may act mean to people they're normally nice to, like friends and family.

Anabolic steroids in the brain may trigger really aggressive behavior. Some outbursts can be so severe they have become known in the media as "roid rages." "

Which is bullshit.....

So i gave up in searching after reading that lol.... never know what myth bullshits running around....

Thanks c-Z I appreciate it bud.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    I guess it would depend on how serious your TBI is, I have had TBI for over 3 years and have not had any issues on gear, my biggest issues with TBI is short and long term memory loss

jrob34 is offline New Member
    Read the rules before you post again.
    Last edited by Big; 01-31-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: rules

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    You can't ask what site you get AAS from, you need to start your own thread

lostboy74 is offline Junior Member
    I am new on here but ill give you my personal experience:

I was put on psychotropic meds for severe depression/ cyclical depression about 4 years ago...i was on zyprexa, effexor and geodone. the zyprexa gave me some horrible side effects including a gain of 30lbs in less than a month. after getting off of that i was put on the others with limited success in mood changes. after meeting with a new psychiatrist and doctor (at the same time-which was difficult) they both came to the conclusion that i was misdiagnosed and infact had suffered from "social trauma" a bad divorce caused me to shutdown completely and along with that the weight gain made it worse. the psychotropic meds messed me up pysiologicaly so my doc put me on hgh 1iu a day for 3months and test 100mg a week for 3 months. after a week i was a different person. the test is amazing, i have been cycling test off and on, 2 cycles in the last 4 years...i has changed me for the better. i cant say its right for everyone, but i can say its right for me...

thanks for the input

Quo
    Quo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Z View Post
    Anabolic steroid users may act mean to people they're normally nice to, like friends and family.

Anabolic steroids in the brain may trigger really aggressive behavior. Some outbursts can be so severe they have become known in the media as "roid rages." "

Which is bullshit.....
    It's actually not. It may not happen to you, but it does happen to some.

As far as the OP's question, what type of injury do you have? I am not sure that anyone here is qualified to answer your question, however.

The main concern I have is whether or not it will give me a seizure or not.
    Last edited by boywonder10101; 08-23-2010 at 05:40 PM.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    You mean stuff like this?

The relationship between testosterone levels and cognitive ability patterns

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Catherine Gouchie, a and Doreen Kimuraa

aDepartment of Psychology, University of Western Ontario, London Ontario, Canada

Received 27 June 1990; revised 22 October 1990. Available online 22 March 2003.

Abstract
    The cognitive performance of normal men and women was studied, grouped according to whether the subjects had relatively high or low salivary testosterone (T) concentrations. Men with lower T performed better than other groups on measures of spatial/mathematical ability, tasks at which men normally excel. Women with high T scored higher than low-T women on these same measures. T concentrations did not relate significantly to scores on tests that usually favor women or that do not typically show a sex difference. These results support suggestions of a nonlinear relationship between T concentrations and spatial ability, and demonstrate some task specificity in this respect.

Thanks peachfuzz.
    Last edited by boywonder10101; 08-09-2010 at 07:33 PM.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    Google Scholar

Good results came up for what I was asking. Thanks bro. I appreciate it.

BW
    Last edited by boywonder10101; 08-09-2010 at 07:52 PM.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    If its not too personal can you guys tell me how you got TBI? I know someone close to me who got it but it was from a drug overdose. It can happen a lot of different ways.

junkiescumbag is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Z View Post
    LOL the only thing i found from doing a google search is that

"Parts of the brain that influence your moods and are involved in learning and memory are called the limbic system. Anabolic steroids act in the limbic system. In animals, they have been shown to impair learning and memory. They can also lead to changes in mood, such as feelings of depression or irritability.

Which is bullshit.....

So i gave up in searching after reading that lol.... never know what myth bullshits running around....
    i find that i have alot of agression on test. it takes alot of shit to make me pissed off normally, and i mean ALOT. but on cycle my fuse is shorter and i cant seem to calm down once i am angry. i also dont have much confidence and i usually keep to myself but its the opposite on cycle. just be carefull

ATV wreck is how mine happened. Up until that point I was just your everyday guy. The only problems I have had were memory which my neurosurgeon told me every person will have and aggression due to a fluid pocket that got built up. Every person has fluid that free flows through the brain, but I had a certain amount that he was uncomfortable with so he went in and drilled 2 burrholes. Haven't Been short fused since.
    Last edited by boywonder10101; 08-11-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Thread Information