Thread: Term paper help

jkgrandchamp is offline New Member

Term paper help

Hey just a little about myself I am a college student who recently got out the military and I have decided to do a ethics paper on steroids in sports . I have found a lot of good info on the negatives on steroids but I have not found the positives that I am looking for to present my argument of being for them . Igf any one could pass along some information or give me some links it would be greatly appreaciated .

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    umm you could have one area on what all the diffrent steroids are used legally in the medical field. Most AAS was created for medical purposes and is still used for helping those same problems.
    But if your keepin the paper to just STEROIDS AND SPORTS,, you may not find much positive except the obvious.

jkgrandchamp is offline New Member
    thats the problem Im facing right now. Im not looking at pointing fingers at any athlete past or prresent just the actual health benifits that are gained through the use. The U.S Govt only likes to show the bad side of things so Im between a rock and a hard place.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    well theres two seperate things in the AAS world,, use for pratically purposes (aka prescription doses for real problems) and use for body building (high doses for muscle/strength growth). Most atheletes fall into the second category because they are taking them to get bigger/stronger/faster. IMO i dont see many health benefits to long term body building AAS use.

XLCanadian is offline Associate Member
    You can hit a shit load of home runs, break speed records for sprints, have the body of a 28 year old at 20, win 7 (count'em 7) Tours de France ....lol. All by using steroids for sports.

Make millions of dollars being a top athlete...come on...what have you got to lose????

(This is a small attempt at sarcasm)

RogerB17 is offline New Member
    steroids can make sports more exciting. they'll also help recover from injuries faster

As far as sports go it's pretty much gonna get boo'd by the public, as everyone calls it "cheating". But for pro's of them medical is one of the only things that will give you that. Like the aids and ms studies and what not? I don't know of anything that it is used for long term beneficially?

Good luck,

"dirty d"

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    u can go with steroids saved baseball... and improving quality of the game ( the pitchers actually benefitted more from juice than hitters IMO)

u can go with increased recovery also

in2shape is offline Member
    that they prevent aids pateints from wasting away - doctor prescribed ..... deca helps joints .... trt/hrt helps keeps men with no or low test a certain quality of life they didnt have before doctor prescribed .... some fat burning effects - anavar , test etc .... the obvious muscle building effects ..... maybe even stating the government only has the bad areas cvered no positive , had to find info underground so to speak... also that bloodwork proves all levels generally go back for most men to normal after short cycles say a 10-12 weeker once or twice a year .... mention pct meds and pct itself ....

uuuummmmmmm thats what i got off top of my head if thats what ya lookin 4 goodluck

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by jkgrandchamp View Post
    Hey just a little about myself I am a college student who recently got out the military and I have decided to do a ethics paper on steroids in sports. I have found a lot of good info on the negatives on steroids but I have not found the positives that I am looking for to present my argument of being for them . Igf any one could pass along some information or give me some links it would be greatly appreaciated .
    research steroid and hGH use as pertaining to AIDS treatment, Cancer Treatment, Testosterone Replacement therapy and Hormone replacement therapy

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    if you lift weights yourself and do this term paper, bad idea bro. Nobody in that class is going to buy into it, you'll only look like a roid head and confirm their assumptions

killface is offline Associate Member
    Watch "Bigger Stronger Faster".

It covers a lot of very interesting information about steroid use .

MekeMeke is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post
    Watch "Bigger Stronger Faster".

It covers a lot of very interesting information about steroid use.
    ^^^X2^^^ was about to advice that^^^

Very nicely detailed info in that movie/documentary

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    if you lift weights yourself and do this term paper, bad idea bro. Nobody in that class is going to buy into it, you'll only look like a roid head and confirm their assumptions
    i dont know if i really agree with that. obviously people are gonna know he has some sort of interest in the subject for picking it, whether it be for aas use or against it. and if they did think hes a roid head i dont think that will affect his grade

Thread Information