The Observer is offline New Member

Swelling After Injection..on Lower Back

Hopefully someone can help figure out what happened so it doesn't happen again. I am on my first cycle and had my 4th injection (2.25 cc's in left glute) on Wednesday night. I did everything accordingly step by step exactly by the book. The only thing I can point out is, I injected quicker than usual and massaged a little less than the other times but I didn't have any pain. After I woke up the next morning I noticed some swelling on my lower back a little higher then my tailbone on the left side. It's about 2 by 3 inches and I THINK it is going down...don't know if its my mind playing tricks on me or not.

It's much less sore than it was on Thursday and Friday. Is this serious? What the hell happened? Both times I injected into my left glute I had a problem, first time I nicked a nerve pulling out but the pain subsided within 48 hours so it wasn't a problem.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Couple thoughts....hopefully you are going deep enough? You using a 1.5 pin? I know when a nrve is hit it makes me a little more careful and I have to make sure I am all the way in. I always inject slowly as I have had an issue with a bump just as you described.

Is the spot red or hot?

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    My general rule of thumb is, if its getting better day by day (even if very slowly) you're probably going to be alright. If the site is worsening, see a DR. I shoot ED and get some sore spots time to time. If I hit a nerve or vein the pain will be worse and sometime linger for days as well as swellling. Things to watch out for are redness that doesn't go away and of course fever.

I had one infection a couple of years back and had no fever or red area. But the cellulitus was easy to spot.

Thanks for the replies, I'm using a 1.5" and I am going as deep as possible. The spot is neither hot or red. It went down a considerable amount this morning and doesn't hurt anymore. My only two mistakes were that I went a faster than usual and didn't massage as much I would have normally. The strange thing is the it's not close to the injection site really. Another thing that freaked me out a little but is that I came down with strange flu like symptoms on Friday with hot/cold flashes. Now it is winter/flu season and like the genius I am, I come out of the gym not fully dried in this "beautiful" Chicago weather! But with that as well, I am fine today.
    Last edited by The Observer; 02-07-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Now it happened on the right side 12 hours after my injection and this time I made sure I went slowly and did everything accordingly.....I don't get it. The left side is going down but now the right side is sore but not red or warmer than the rest of my body but not I got two swellings, one on the right side of my tailbone and the other is on the left but it's going down.

I did some research and it seems like some people are just prone to this. I;m going to try rotating to other places weekly, this is annoying to say the least. First few were going perfect.

Rando911 is offline Associate Member
    try your quad.. the swelling in your lower back is the infectious fluid draining to your lower back when you sleep. I had it happen a while back. Get new gear, or try your quad.

HrdGainer80 is offline New Member
    I had this happen too, but the swelling took over a week to go down.

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rando911 View Post
    try your quad.. the swelling in your lower back is the infectious fluid draining to your lower back when you sleep. I had it happen a while back. Get new gear, or try your quad.
    what do you mean by "infectious fluids" he has no sign of infection other than swelling which could be a direct result of simply trauma. He does state swelling is getting better.

Peace

taytot is offline New Member
    i have done it in my glutes many times but i just experienced the same thing the other day. The next day i woke up i had a bump or some swelling couple inches above my tailbone on the right side..it hurts but is not red or hot.. i would like to know what it is too...

Thread Information