ajd31886 is offline New Member

HELP! Piece of rubber stopper floating in Cypionate vial

Guys, after drawing my medicine (with 18g syringe) I noticed there was a very small piece of the rubber stopper flaoting around in my Test vial.

Has anyone seen this happen before? If so, what is the proper thing to do? I have about 5ccs left out of the 10ml vial and I would hate for it to be wasted. I do get this through my HRT doc, I will contact him in the AM and advise. Hopefully the pharmacy will take it back and replace. In the meantime anyone have any related experiences with this? Thanks in advance!

A

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd31886 View Post
    Guys, after drawing my medicine (with 18g syringe) I noticed there was a very small piece of the rubber stopper flaoting around in my Test vial.

Has anyone seen this happen before? If so, what is the proper thing to do? I have about 5ccs left out of the 10ml vial and I would hate for it to be wasted. I do get this through my HRT doc, I will contact him in the AM and advise. Hopefully the pharmacy will take it back and replace. In the meantime anyone have any related experiences with this? Thanks in advance!

A
    I think thats the best course of action,

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you can get it replaced easily, then do that. Otherwise, just draw with a 22g pin. It should be small enough to not be able to suck up the chunk of rubber. In the future, stick to a 21g to draw, since IMO anything smaller does too much damage to stoppers.

Thanks. I inject with a 23g pin so even if something did get sucked in I would imagine it would clog that small of an opening. I agree, the 18g seems to be hard on the vial tops. I will get to the bottom of this with the compunding pharmacy tomorrow.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem right now. I just watch where the chunk is at all times and be sure to avoid it.

Talked to Doc and Pharm this morning. Both say it is ok! There will be no way for it pass thru the 23g syringe upon injection. I am still a bit freaked about this but it seems to be ok. I did my shot last night and everything is fine today.

ironflames is offline Junior Member
    i wouldnt use an 18g anyway, holy crap...i bet that ****** hurts. we use those to give iv's to patients. i use a 25g for drawing/injections

Iron, I use the 18g to draw the oil and then switch to a 23g 1 1/2 needle to inject!!!
    18g for injection would be insane! LOL. Using the 25g to draw out a thick ester such as Cyp or Enanthate would just take way to long. Try using the 18g to draw the oil into the syringe, then recap and twist off the 18g needle and put on a 23g 1 1/2 needle and inject that way. It will save you loads of time on the drawing process. Unless of course you are drawing/injecting a water based medicine.

wharton is offline out of here
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd31886 View Post

A
    just draw the oil from around it and make sure you dont inject it and you will be fine.

Eat Too Much is offline Junior Member
    18G needles demolish the rubber stopper. Use 18G for amps. I normally try to get 21's for vials.

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    its all in your wrist,
    just do a little twist and you wont cut out a circle in the stopper

Thanks guys for all the input! Always a good feeling knowing that you're not the only one with this issue out there.

elfin1mf is offline Associate Member
    ye, depending on th carrier you might even be able to draw with a 22g. If not, you can warm the gear before injection and then it will flow easy through a 22

taiwanguy is offline Junior Member
    While we're at it... As already advised, you're in good shape and it's (very unlikely) to go through the 23g. I once had some stopper in my vial that came up in to my syringe through a 20g needle I drew with. While injecting with a 25g needle it suddenly became very difficult to move the plunger. Well, I'm no fool and didn't force it through while it was in my leg, I simply switched pins and continued the injection. (Well, first I moved the pin to another syringe and forced it through just to verify it was part of the rubber, which it was. That took a LOT of force though.)

J_M
    J_M is offline New Member

Hey guys

What would happen if you injected the rubber chunk into your muscle would you know about it ?

Thread Information