Monster12 is offline New Member

Pain Killers and working out?

I was Rx Painkillers for my knee and i was wondering if taking them would effect my ability to build muscle and that sort of stuff? I dont take them until after I work out but idk if it hurts the recovery prosses...

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Edit.
    Last edited by magic32; 02-18-2010 at 07:18 PM.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    When you take NSAIDs pain killers they do help with the pain of an injury but it also stops protein synthesis and will stop muscle growth from occuring, there are many studies regarding this isssue. From a personal stand point ive never ran any pain killers for any length of time so I cant give my own feedback.

Godson is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    When you take NSAIDs pain killers they do help with the pain of an injury but it also stops protein synthesis and will stop muscle growth from occuring, there are many studies regarding this isssue. From a personal stand point ive never ran any pain killers for any length of time so I cant give my own feedback.
    i did research on this also, and it certainly does slow down protein synthesis along with just about everything else in your body..its too counter productive, try to avoid pain killers when building muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    i did research on this also, and it certainly does slow down protein synthesis along with just about everything else in your body..its too counter productive, try to avoid pain killers when building muscle
    Interesting! Please cite this research.

I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

alright, thanks guys. ill just limit my use to them.... should i up my bcaa's to counter the affects?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Interesting! Please cite this research.
    If you do a simple search there are loads of studies out there,

here are two articles ive just found

http://www.projectswole.com/medical/...rowth-killers/

http://biestmilch-seven.com/archives...-exercise.html

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    most pain killers are opiate based which means bad for muscles.

yeah they are percocets

ya stay away from that shit unless you really need and if you do need them only take 1 every 4 hours. When is comes to opiates and pain less is more.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    opiates will grab u quicker then u could imagine...

not worth it my friend...they are the devil

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    opiates will grab u quicker then u could imagine...

not worth it my friend...they are the devil
    >>>>x2

okay guys thanks, ill try to take them minimally. dont wanna loose my hard earned muscle

baynethebluepit is offline Junior Member
    The worst thing is after a workout there's nothing better then painkillers to chill out with and feel good. That's how I felt before becoming a full blown addict and snorting H. Only take painkillers when well there's no other option, they are the devil and an expensive devil at that. Unless you find a crazy doc. But def stay awayyyyy. Hope that wasn't to much info.

LiftedDuramax2007 is offline Associate Member
    Not a pain killer but sometimes I take a xanax to help me calm down which helps me focus greatly in the gym for some reason.

Im usually a really amped up guy and I get in the gym and burn out qucker than I want, for some reason xanax helps that

And no I dont take xanax all the time, Ive tried it 3 times. The g/f wont let me take anymore

If you do a simple search there are loads of studies out there,

here are two articles ive just found

http://www.projectswole.com/medical/...rowth-killers/

http://biestmilch-seven.com/archives...-exercise.html
    Good looking out...edited above post.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Monster12 View Post
    I was Rx Painkillers for my knee and i was wondering if taking them would effect my ability to build muscle and that sort of stuff? I dont take them until after I work out but idk if it hurts the recovery prosses...
    I dont like using them and only do so if absolutely needed.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Opiat painkillers will slow you down a bit but you will still make gains if your using aas. Opiats lower test levels but aas will still work well. Take Mark Kerr for example. Anyone who knows his story will agree with my statement. I also take opiats and am 6 weeks into a prop only cycle and have made amazing gains. If you dont need them then stay away obviously because their addicting as hell.

Ripped Mass is offline Associate Member
    Where does Vicodin stand on this subject? I have some from my gyno operation last week was thinking maybe it would help me recover quicker from the workouts since I am taxing my body, had my first workout today-it was legs but kicked my butt after being a couch potato the last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    Opiat painkillers will slow you down a bit but you will still make gains if your using aas. Opiats lower test levels but aas will still work well. Take Mark Kerr for example. Anyone who knows his story will agree with my statement. I also take opiats and am 6 weeks into a prop only cycle and have made amazing gains. If you dont need them then stay away obviously because their addicting as hell.

you neeed to calm it a little with working out after gyno surgery wait another week man. and definitely dont take the vikes.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Even Ibuprofen, Tynelol, and that stuff hurts protein synthesis. Including dropping rates 30% for 4 hours after adminstration.

dezza6969 is offline Associate Member
    That sucks even ibuprofen interferes with protein synthesis it's hard not to take that shit with my job

jdusty77 is offline New Member
    My buddy takes vicodin all day long and the man is a ripped gigantic dude.
    Its not healthy at all but ya cant say its gonna make everyone unable to build muscle. The man is a beast total gym freak.

Doesn't matter if it's vicodin,percocet,oxycodone,hydrocodone,oxycontin,m orphine,darvaset,codine,etc. Unless your a coolguy who thinks he can control using recreationally they all are addictive. It's like playing russian rolet with your life, you could literally start on percs and be mainlining in two years. Not to say I ever screwed around with needles but I've seen this happen to some of the toughest guys around, one being my uncle who just got moved from walpole prison in MA to concord, dudes 260 can bench over 400 and is still a slave to the shit and he's in his fifties? Just sharing some knowledge, this doesn't happen to everyone but you never know.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped Mass View Post
    Where does Vicodin stand on this subject? I have some from my gyno operation last week was thinking maybe it would help me recover quicker from the workouts since I am taxing my body, had my first workout today-it was legs but kicked my butt after being a couch potato the last two weeks.
    Vicodin is an opiat and falls in to the same catagory. It will not help you recover just help with the pain. I diddnt use pain killers after my gyno surgery, wasnt that painfull.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    Vicodin is an opiat and falls in to the same catagory. It will not help you recover just help with the pain. I diddnt use pain killers after my gyno surgery, wasnt that painfull.
    me neither.

xanax is an anti anxiety drug used for , you guessed anxiety. Sometimes for people who have panic attacks like tony soprano and hit the floor. Xanax is also addictive. hey all good things are but not all that bad for you if you keep it in check ( under three mg a day or three blues which are 1mg a piece). I've never heard it used in the gym but if it relaxes you and puts you in your own private zone that's cool. You might want to take another when you get home to cool down and let your body recover. As far as the old lady hey if you got a good one then don't **** it up but also remember if you take xanax over a long period of time you cannot sudennly stop because you could have a seizure. This happened to my uncle and the amblulence showed up and took him, he's lucky, it was not good. but this happened due to sudden stop. So whien off if you descide to stop. Last thing xanax doesn't **** with sex drive at all, in fact in relaxes you and doesn't hurt so maybe the old lady won't be so worried with that fact. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LiftedDuramax2007 View Post
    Not a pain killer but sometimes I take a xanax to help me calm down which helps me focus greatly in the gym for some reason.

Im usually a really amped up guy and I get in the gym and burn out qucker than I want, for some reason xanax helps that

And no I dont take xanax all the time, Ive tried it 3 times. The g/f wont let me take anymore

Thread Information