Sehr is offline Junior Member

Testosterone question

Hi guys i havent been on here in a long time (just lurking). I had a question concernig testosterone .

So i got my test checked a while ago ( i was 19 i think, im 21 in like 10 days) because i was having fatigue and libido issues. My doctor said it was lower than expected but still in the normal range.

Now i can almost guarantee that this was from overtraining and lack of adequate nutrition and sleep.
    (ive never done any aas)

But ive never felt that i had trouble gaining muscle mass. I mean when i started working out my goal was pure strength with no size (it is possible, if you actually want to discuss this feel free) so i never really was able to see how well i actually built muscle. But ive always felt taht with a good diet i could make good gains.

Anyways my question is, is it possible that some people use testosterone more "efficiently", IE: that some people can do more with less of it.
    Because i feel like this may be the case with me.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    yes, kinda of ... first of all one blood test doesnt mean you low test - fyi

and diet plays a big part in you gains, so does your expectations.

so, to answer you question test from a normal doc may just show your over all test levels not your bound test (potential test in your blood) and free test (the test you actually can use) - so if a person was at 700 over all test #s and half was bound and half was free thy would "gain" muscle slower then a person who was 600 and had free test of 550 bound at 50 ...

there you go (that was a simplified version of how it generally works)

Sehr is offline Junior Member
    I see. I was thinking more like how a persons body reacts to testosterone per say (like a sensitivity). Like how sometimes you can get sensitivity to some chemicals in really low doses, where someone else wont be as sensitive who by all appearances could be very similar to you.

Thread Information