Somnius is offline Junior Member

Excess Bleeding During Delt Injection ?????

Hi, today was my 6th shot of my first cycle, and its test suspension. I do it 4 times a week, and rotate between shoulders and quads. Neway, so Ive had no problems so far, *knock on wood. Today, I did my second injection in my right delt. I did everything normally, as I have been doing. However, this time, when I took out the needle, a stream of blood flew down my arm. It was very weird. As well, I felt a little more pain this time. I did the aspiration, and only came up with a few air bubbles, so I streamed it in slowly. I think the only thing I did differently was I put the needle in my shoulder a lot slower then usual. I dont know why I did this... It made it more painful and I think it created a larger wound, which created the larger amount of blood coming out. Usually ill just get a spec of blood, this time was an actual flow down my arm. Neway, if neone has any ideas about why this happened, pls let me know.

A quick side note, its been a week and a half, first week I did 200mg in that week, just to make sure its ok. Now I moved up to 1 ml per shot, and Ive gained 5 pounds so far . I hope it keeps going up, and I hope I keep most of it. Im eating like a mutant horse. Neway, any ideas would be appreciated as to the bleeding, thanks.

Muerte is offline New Member
    don’t sweat it this has happened to me also .......I think its cause of the frequent injections in the same place .......when I hit a spot that I have never hit before I never get any blood.....but after a few hits it seems I get more blood there....but I bump this up for a more vet or mod response

hammerhead is offline Member
    You went thru a vein. No problem - it happens. You aspirated - so you didn't inject the juice into the vein - you just punctured one on the way in. It happens.

Sticking the pin in - in a jabbing quick fasion minimizes the pain - but sticking it in slower doesn't affect how much it bleeds. Chill out man. You're fine.

Somnius is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Originally posted by hammerhead
    You went thru a vein. No problem - it happens. You aspirated - so you didn't inject the juice into the vein - you just punctured one on the way in. It happens.

Sticking the pin in - in a jabbing quick fasion minimizes the pain - but sticking it in slower doesn't affect how much it bleeds. Chill out man. You're fine.
    Although you have already gotten your answer, I figured I would say that HH is completely correct. A few rules everyone is taught about intramuscular injections are:
    1) use blue or green needles
    2) the muscle should be relaxed
    3) ensure that veins are avoided
    4) inject in one fluid movement
    5) rub the site after injection to disperse the fluid and minimise the risk of abscess.

Thread Information